Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Novavax has applied to the World Health Organization for emergency use approval of its COVID-19 vaccine. Their vaccine uses more conventional protein-based technology rather than mRNA. WHO approval is probably influential in rolling out to developing countries. They have not yet applied to the US FDA or Australia's TGA. And they might still face manufacturing challenges.

Their trials found 89.7% effectiveness against symptomatic Covid-19 caused by both B.1.1.7 (Alpha) and non-B.1.1.7 variants. At the time the non-B.1.1.7 variants were Beta and Gamma - so their trials did not include Delta, which is now by far the predominant strain. Since then they have claimed a 6 month booster shot increased neutralizing antibodies for the Delta variant. It's not clear what is the efficacy against Delta for their initial 2 dose program.

Novavax has applied to the World Health Organization for emergency use approval of its COVID-19 vaccine. Their vaccine uses more conventional protein-based technology rather than mRNA. WHO approval is probably influential in rolling out to developing countries. They have not yet applied to the US FDA or Australia's TGA. And they might still face manufacturing challenges.

Their trials found 89.7% effectiveness against symptomatic Covid-19 caused by both B.1.1.7 (Alpha) and non-B.1.1.7 variants. At the time the non-B.1.1.7 variants were Beta and Gamma - so their trials did not include Delta, which is now by far the predominant strain. Since then they have claimed a 6 month booster shot increased neutralizing antibodies for the Delta variant. It's not clear what is the efficacy against Delta for their initial 2 dose program.
so more similar to AZ vaccine in terms of technology

The thing about all this madness is the entire role of Governments in this Pandemic is about getting jabs in arms as fast as possible, whilst managing the ramp up of healthcare capability whilst they use lockdowns to stall the aforementioned things. To be this far down the pandemic and locked up so long with so many anti vaxxers still, is nothing other than a complete failure of Government. Morrison allowed the states and still do to go rogue, which is 95 percent of the problem. He should have made Federal Laws 12 plus months ago and taken things out of state control. Mandatory vaccination across sectors that were obviously risky, no payments to people who weren’t vaccinated (Astrazenica is fine and we’ve had plenty of it for ages) no business relief to places they didn’t have reasonable vaccination rates etc etc. This whole thing is so sad and largely avoidable if he had the balls to take things into Federal control. The fact it’s taken the end of state based emergency powers in December for them to release these made up roads out of lockdown is proof how bad it was all screwed up. State Governments serve a purpose but this pandemic has shown them for their weaknesses and they’re huge. They screw up education and healthcare and always have, of course they’re going to completely f**k up a pandemic. Daniel Andrew’s has been by far the worst. It’s no coincidence we’ve had so many lockdowns. He’s allowed his union mates to work as normal during endless lockdowns which has finally come to a head now with these riots when he finally challenged them to just pretend to have Covid safe protocols and get jabbed. Makes me so angry that Scomo allowed this crap. Especially as a Lib, he’s been a complete and utter failure.

The thing about all this madness is the entire role of Governments in this Pandemic is about getting jabs in arms as fast as possible, whilst managing the ramp up of healthcare capability whilst they use lockdowns to stall the aforementioned things. To be this far down the pandemic and locked up so long with so many anti vaxxers still, is nothing other than a complete failure of Government. Morrison allowed the states and still do to go rogue, which is 95 percent of the problem. He should have made Federal Laws 12 plus months ago and taken things out of state control. Mandatory vaccination across sectors that were obviously risky, no payments to people who weren’t vaccinated (Astrazenica is fine and we’ve had plenty of it for ages) no business relief to places they didn’t have reasonable vaccination rates etc etc. This whole thing is so sad and largely avoidable if he had the balls to take things into Federal control. The fact it’s taken the end of state based emergency powers in December for them to release these made up roads out of lockdown is proof how bad it was all screwed up. State Governments serve a purpose but this pandemic has shown them for their weaknesses and they’re huge. They screw up education and healthcare and always have, of course they’re going to completely f**k up a pandemic. Daniel Andrew’s has been by far the worst. It’s no coincidence we’ve had so many lockdowns. He’s allowed his union mates to work as normal during endless lockdowns which has finally come to a head now with these riots when he finally challenged them to just pretend to have Covid safe protocols and get jabbed. Makes me so angry that Scomo allowed this crap. Especially as a Lib, he’s been a complete and utter failure.

Morrison refuses to do anything. Happened during the bushfires and again with this Pandemic. Quarantine and Vaccination are federal responsibilities from the get go and he's completely ****ed it up. Only reason States decided on hotel quarantine was because the Feds did nothing and abdicated their responsibilities.

If the Federal government had taken charge by setting up proper quarantine facilities and taken that 40 mill dose Pfizer deal in 2020 we'd not be in this situation today.

In the same vein, isn't it also disrespectful to compare covid to war or a bushfire?

Anyone who wants to protect themselves from covid is capable of doing so. Coles and Woolies do click and collect, and their staff will put the groceries in the boot of your car. Home delivery is available for anything you want. I had a car delivered to my home free of charge during lockdown because the dealership was outside my 5km radius.

Are we all at risk? Sure, to some extent. I'd argue that young healthy people are at more risk from extended lockdown than they ever were from covid. I know several cases of kids of friends and colleagues who've developed mental illness during lockdown, and I don't believe it's coincidental.

Does the captain of any fire fighter authority force people to stay at home during a bushfire? Not that I'm aware. They give instructions and let you make your own decisions.

Using thousands of cops in riot gear armed with rubber bullets to disperse protestors is a direct attack on our democratic rights afaic.

I’ve been a pretty strong supporter for how we’ve managed the pandemic for the most part (some measures, curfew for instance, are ridiculous and unnecessary, and we should be far more advanced in our vax rollout), but wayyy over the top militarised style policing by VicPol this week has me very concerned. This is not a normal or acceptable response.

IMG_4274.JPG

Last edited:
Any attempt by Scummo to impose mandatory vaccination would have seen the LNP loopies Turnbull him and select a new PM within 24 hours.

I’ve been a pretty strong supporter for how we’ve managed the pandemic for the most part (some measures, curfew for instance, are ridiculous and unnecessary, and we should be far more advanced in our vax rollout), but wayyy over the top militarised style policing by VicPol this week has me very concerned. This is not a normal or acceptable response.

View attachment 1246673

It is a normal response if they are dealing with far-right extremists.

I don’t post here much but the Ivermectin stuff is so bizarre. It’s clear as day. It’s better to prevent than treat a problem, so whether it helps Morrison refuses to do anything. Happened during the bushfires and again with this Pandemic. Quarantine and Vaccination are federal responsibilities from the get go and he's completely f’ed it up. Only reason States decided on hotel quarantine was because the Feds did nothing and abdicated their responsibilities.

If the Federal government had taken charge by setting up proper quarantine facilities and taken that 40 mill dose Pfizer deal in 2020 we'd not be in this situation today.
[/QUOTE]
its not that he refuses to do anything, he’s not a leader that empathetic or immersed into a vision. The whole National Cabinet thing was made up by a consultant and albeit not a bad idea, Scomo’s inability to get buy-in and unity from it shows how robotic he is. Same deal with this recent submarine deal and with China. He has the balls to act, make no mistake. But he acts based on a script and advice and isn’t a leader. I don’t know how to explain it. The NSW state premier is the polar opposite. She’s not perfect but she does everything with empathy and to the best of her ability. It’s been apparent for so long our Government’s have been poor at best and structurally broken and this pandemic has shown it for just how bad it is. I still cannot believe Daniel Andrew’s got away with that enquiry after the second wave for example. He gave out a tender that broke procurement rules that would have had any CEO sacked. He also lied flat out too. It is what it is and now we’ve reached the end of state controlled legislative powers we’ll somehow get out of this, but in 50 years they’ll talk about the failure of Government. I’m angry but moreso sad about this. The hardest thing for me these days is biting my lips with anti vaxxers. Yes MRNA vaccines have no longitudinal data, yes you have rights etc etc. But these people make me so pissed because they’re so well versed in their rights but what about their responsibilities to Australia. If it was me I’d make the vaccine mandatory if you want free healthcare if your get sick from it. If you don’t take it and get sick you get a fat bill similar to the hex bill when you study.

View attachment 1246673

You would have asked them to go home and said "pretty please"

It is a normal response if they are dealing with far-right extremists.

I’m not sure that cuts it. I haven’t seen anything from these RWNJ’s this far that justifies this sort of response. I’m also pretty dubious on the idea that political, religious or scientific ideals should justify this level of force (at times brutality) in policing. I’m actually alarmed that we have these militarised goons that seem to have appeared from nowhere. Did we always have this many cops? This is not normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More stupid from Covid deniers - Melbourne picnic attack: Pair charged after two women allegedly assaulted during picnic | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

View attachment 1246673
Is that really Victorian police?
Two on the left are outright military.

So, In a pandemic, basic democratic rights are null and void? Yeah sorry I don’t buy that

Where did you read that being able to protest when a virus is spreading is a "basic democratic right" ?
What makes you think it is?

If a virus is able to spread easily from person to person what small part of your brain would suggest to you that its a good idea to gather in large groups?

so more similar to AZ vaccine in terms of technology

Not quite.

The Pfizer, AZ and Moderna vaccines work by getting your body's cells to produce the coronavirus spike protein. Your immune system cells then recognise the spike protein as a threat and begin building an immune response against it.

The Novavax vaccine is a more like a traditional vaccine. It contains a version of the spike protein, made in the lab, which cannot replicate itself once injected. It needs an adjuvant to activate your immune system and generate a good protective immunity.

It is expected there will be some uptake of Novavax by people hesitant of the new types of vaccines, or it could be used as a booster when the efficacy of the Pfizer, AZ and Moderna vaccines starts to wane.

I’m not sure that cuts it. I haven’t seen anything from these RWNJ’s this far that justifies this sort of response. I’m also pretty dubious on the idea that political, religious or scientific ideals should justify this level of force (at times brutality) in policing. I’m actually alarmed that we have these militarised goons that seem to have appeared from nowhere. Did we always have this many cops? This is not normal.

I think your outrage is completely confected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back