You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

The thread title says it all. And it's true.

I've been a member for over a decade. I've missed one home game in 13 or so years, I've never missed one at Adelaide Oval. And when I ask myself why I should go to the St Kilda game, I cannot think of a single reason.

This is not a club that deserves support, this is not a club that deserves your money. This is not a club that respects you, or holds you in anything but contempt. It doesnt matter what you want, they'll tell you what you get. And what you get is a backwards inwards locking self promoting club that does not stand up to competitive rigour.

You don't owe them anything, and neither do I. It might be time. Let them have their self made hell.

How long until we need to do this to get the message across to the club?

I don't think I'll bother attending the game to do that. I think the profits being erroded is the only thing they'll understand.

There's a fair chance they don't get membership renewal out of me.

This is memberships on the line type of stuff.

The last 2 years have been so pathetically handled its not funny. Its amazing how July 17 looked compared to July 19.

This is memberships on the line type of stuff.

The last 2 years have been so pathetically handled its not funny. Its amazing how July 17 looked compared to July 19.

Its the lack of urgency, the lack of care that really bothers me.

This is a club that gives every impression it thinks I should go **** myself for not being grateful for the shit they produce.

I wont be attending any more games this year, I have no motivation to go and watch whats been served up this year and I'll be having a good think about my memberships next year.

I've got a holiday booked across the week of the next home game.

Start of the year I was annoyed, I hate missing game.

Now.... I'm kinda glad I have an excuse not to go.

I've got a holiday booked across the week of the next home game.

Start of the year I was annoyed, I hate missing game.

Now.... I'm kinda glad I have an excuse not to go.

And you're one of the suckiest sucks to ever suck. Imagine how the rest of us feel.

And you're one of the suckiest sucks to ever suck. Imagine how the rest of us feel.
Sigh..... one day you won't need to resort to petty rubbish.

I've been through a great deal in my life, more than most sadly, but football has always brought comfort in some sense.

Winning or losing doesn't matter too much, as long as I can feel confident in the knowledge my team gave themselves the best chance to win. Our club in the last 18 months haven't done that, not even close.

Why should anyone give money to an organisation that doesn't give 100% 100% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the lack of urgency, the lack of care that really bothers me.

This is a club that gives every impression it thinks I should go fu** myself for not being grateful for the s**t they produce.

Fages is happy as long as people are turning up, and the AFC has no shortage of people willing to line up for another bowl of slop.

The coaches are happy as long as their best mates are getting games and we scrape into finals.

The players are happy getting paid to have a laugh with their mates. Brodie Smith on the wireless after the game having a great time yukking it up about wearing the wrong guernsey.

No one has any real want or need for a flag. In fact it seems a lot of them don't really care if they win or lose week to week. They're all content with where they are.

Yet we're supposed to show up rain, hail or shine and "support tha boyz like a real supporter or go and follow tha mob down the road!!!"

Fages is happy as long as people are turning up, and the AFC has no shortage of people willing to line up for another bowl of slop.

I reckon those days are done- or at least I hope so.

It's time fans sent them a message.

The thread title says it all. And it's true.

I've been a member for over a decade. I've missed one home game in 13 or so years, I've never missed one at Adelaide Oval. And when I ask myself why I should go to the St Kilda game, I cannot think of a single reason.

This is not a club that deserves support, this is not a club that deserves your money. This is not a club that respects you, or holds you in anything but contempt. It doesnt matter what you want, they'll tell you what you get. And what you get is a backwards inwards locking self promoting club that does not stand up to competitive rigour.

You don't owe them anything, and neither do I. It might be time. Let them have their self made hell.
Just go, watch the 1st half and leave.

Wrong.

But there's nothing petty about asking you to own the opinions you've been expressing for the entire year.
In no way did you do that, instead you resort to poor insults. The fact you highlight this bit of my post while ignoring the rest tells us all we need to know

My opinions are based on me being an optimistic person. I can see the issues like everyone else however I believe they can all be fixed.

The last month in particular has worn me down hard.

In no way did you do that, instead you resort to poor insults. The fact you highlight this bit of my post while ignoring the rest tells us all we need to know

My opinions are based on me being an optimistic person. I can see the issues like everyone else however I believe they can all be fixed.

The last month in particular has worn me down hard.

Your 'optimism' was delusion. You called for every wrong move. Every damn one. Every time we said it was wrong, you told us to get ****ed, and heaped ridicule on. And even now you tell us they'll fix it, rather than the more obvious answer: they won't.

I'm sorry your life's been hard- I genuinely am. I wish you the best. But I also don't want to hear a damn word from you about the sorry state we're in.

I would at least be happier if we were doing this , but unfortunately years of sponsoring the pear and being involved with a communist type arrangement has stopped this.

Your 'optimism' was delusion. You called for every wrong move. Every damn one. Every time we said it was wrong, you told us to get f’ed, and heaped ridicule on. And even now you tell us they'll fix it, rather than the more obvious answer: they won't.

I'm sorry your life's been hard- I genuinely am. I wish you the best. But I also don't want to hear a damn word from you about the sorry state we're in.
That first paragraph is simply not true, I've been as frustrated as most here, I just tend not to show it on an internet forum.

I'm more than happy to heap it on when it's deserved, but I'm also quick to praise, probably too much so.

I go to football to enjoy it, forgetting selection and all the other crap that goes on. However when ive seen what weve seen in the last month it's not fun anymore.

That first paragraph is simply not true, I've been as frustrated as most here, I just tend not to show it on an internet forum.

I'm more than happy to heap it on when it's deserved, but I'm also quick to praise, probably too much so.

I go to football to enjoy it, forgetting selection and all the other crap that goes on. However when ive seen what weve seen in the last month it's not fun anymore.

I only know you the poster mate- that's all I can judge.

I'm the same though: i go to the games for fun. But there's no fun in a club that's beyond hope.

Your 'optimism' was delusion. You called for every wrong move. Every damn one. Every time we said it was wrong, you told us to get f’ed, and heaped ridicule on. And even now you tell us they'll fix it, rather than the more obvious answer: they won't.

Bit harsh.

I think delusion is always at it's strongest just before realisation; also known as denial.

Peter J was also shooting anyone down who criticised the team earlier in the year.

I gave up on Pyke after the R1 debacle, but it took the showdown loss (and the club's collective shrug of the shoulders) for me to realise just how much strife we are really in. We're about to enter a Melbourne circa 2007-2016 period.

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back