You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

From out of nowhere a few weeks ago my son said that he now has a 2nd favourite teams - Sydney Swans. Wise move son, wise move.

I honestly can't see this club ever winning a premiership unless it has a complete 180 change in pretty much everything it does and especially personnel. The last few years was the our best chance in over 20 years and look how badly we mismanaged it. We have an A grade supporter base with D a grade board and football dept. We wonder why some players can't get away from Adelaide quick enough.

I think the club is so arrogant that it does things its way and thinks that way is the best and things not working out is just bad luck. There is boat loads of evidence for this.I wouldn't even be surprised if we have a bonkers fitness program that produces garbage results but we persist because 'it will come good eventually'.

The Adelaide Crows look externally for the cause or blame for problems, and they look internally for solutions. They are always right, so they of course have the solution and because they are always right, they can't be wrong, therefore any problems they have are entirely the cause of some outside force, or some other illusory agent that doesn't have a causal connection to Crows decision making.

The thread title says it all. And it's true.

I've been a member for over a decade. I've missed one home game in 13 or so years, I've never missed one at Adelaide Oval. And when I ask myself why I should go to the St Kilda game, I cannot think of a single reason.

This is not a club that deserves support, this is not a club that deserves your money. This is not a club that respects you, or holds you in anything but contempt. It doesnt matter what you want, they'll tell you what you get. And what you get is a backwards inwards locking self promoting club that does not stand up to competitive rigour.

You don't owe them anything, and neither do I. It might be time. Let them have their self made hell.
Bought a 3 game membership and haven't been to 1 game. Just cant be bothered tbh. Didnt even watch tonights game except for a few patches which after 5 minutes of watching I knew we were ****ed and win lose or draw we are going nowhere as a team. I have seen this movie before. Pyke must go but we also need a club clean out.

Last edited:
We will get change next year, particularly if port can start to not drop every second game.

Only two things motivate the club: restless natives and the prospect of losing market share to port pear.

And what a sad and sorry state of affairs that is. Been there, done that.

We’re back to the last year of sando, having made a GF a couple of years ago. We’ll appoint a coach who will take us to a losing prelim/gf. Then miss the finals and start again. And round and round we go.

I actually sat there in the last quarter telling a few home truths about this club to my mate in a very loud tone (hoping that others would hear it)

During the Steven Trigg/Neil Craig era I began to see the club for what it was, they have no interest in winning premierships. All the club ultimately cares about is trying to scrape into the finals every year to maximise attendances and profits.

All the talk about elite standards has been complete lip service post Phil Walsh, it's actually insulting to his legacy for the club to continue to fraudulently throw that term around like it still means something.

What makes no sense to me was that Phil Walsh was brought in to change the culture at the club, even the club admitted this to be the case. So why has the club quickly reverted back to the Neil Craig/Steven Trigg mentality and re-embraced the same type of culture that we were trying to get rid of?

What happened to "man conversations" and being ruthless? We're back to steady as she goes trying to squeeze out every last finals opportunity from an aging player group that is past it's prime, too scared to make a change for fear of not finishing 8th and missing out on revenue..

As Kern once famously said "you get what you deserve" and the club is currently getting what it deserves in spades.

Last edited:
I hope we miss the 8
Reality check, 2 years no finals will bring the desired cleanout

Then be patient while the kids develop if you throw your knickers over your head expecting instant results don’t come crying back when we’re contending

Public service mentality. Has been for ages.

It’s exacrly that. I shit you not, I engaged in an email standoff with the finance department the week after we got pumped by Melbourne up here in Alice Springs. The club ate at the golf club and I sent the invoice through to the contact that organised it. I then get an email with an attachment saying that I needed to fill it out otherwise we wouldn’t be receiving payment. I returned stating that they had been provided the goods/services, there had been no previous reference to this form and that they are in possession of everything that they need to pay us and that they have a legal obligation to do so. After a couple of emails where I refuse to fill out their form, it ends up with their CFO emailing and explaining that they need the form filled out because of the club’s public profile. I suggested being dragged to court over unpaid debts wouldn’t be great for their profile. As an unpaid volunteer, I ended up filling out their form. But tell me this, do you reckon that Fages gets this form filled out when he uses a club credit card to pay for his meeting expenses at a random cafe. It is 100% a public service mentality.

:thumbsu: I’ll be emailing the club to make sure that my membership’s is taken off auto-renew.

I’ll be cancelling my gold memberships. Not sure about the AO membership though, I think I’ll just transition it to being a Port supporter so I don’t show on our stats. Will keep the women memberships though, they deserve my support. Just wish I could send it to the girls direct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be cancelling my gold memberships. Not sure about the AO membership though, I think I’ll just transition it to being a Port supporter so I don’t show on our stats. Will keep the women memberships though, they deserve my support. Just wish I could send it to the girls direct.

I'm seriously thinking about downgrading my Gold to a 3 game membership. I can't give up entirely, but it's getting harder to hang on.

The thread title says it all. And it's true.

I've been a member for over a decade. I've missed one home game in 13 or so years, I've never missed one at Adelaide Oval. And when I ask myself why I should go to the St Kilda game, I cannot think of a single reason.

This is not a club that deserves support, this is not a club that deserves your money. This is not a club that respects you, or holds you in anything but contempt. It doesnt matter what you want, they'll tell you what you get. And what you get is a backwards inwards locking self promoting club that does not stand up to competitive rigour.

You don't owe them anything, and neither do I. It might be time. Let them have their self made hell.
Port Power board.

View attachment 711724

Maybe its time for this. It took 16 years but eventually it worked for Richmond supporters
I remember for years the regular retaliation to being upset with the club was things like "Imagine being a Richmond fan/at least we're not Richmond."

You love the excuses don't you

If I have to hear in Hamish we trust one more time I'm going to puke when I look at the talent we truly have coming through

Himmelberg the next Wayne Carey FFS

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
But it’s your excuse. You posted about the percentages of low picks making it.

Who said Himmelberg is the next Wayne Carey? Why bullshit?

Speaking of Himmelberg, what pick was he and what are the percentages of him making it?

You can bang on about Hamish all you want but your own words have given him an out, given the non-existent top 10 picks and lack of top end picks, percentages indicate most of his picks won’t make it.

How about you just acknowledge that rather than spamming the board with your bullshit which is based on nothing more than the vendetta you have because he didn’t draft a kid you know. It’s moronic.

:thumbsu: I’ll be emailing the club to make sure that my membership’s is taken off auto-renew.

The corporates at the club only understand $. Fagan is not a AFC man. He could leave tomorrow and not even mention the club but if you hit the club bottom line , he will wake up. At least the Port president rants on about his club. Chapman is quiet. Where has Burton been as football manager. Pyke and co should be under total pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back