Your Club in 2012, according to BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god for the bye this week!.......hopefully we can turn it around after that.

Great thread....pretty sure Ive said it before....alot of work, so well done!

I would love to see how club respect is reciprocated... I noticed that Freo rate Hawthorn and Hawthorn rate Freo, but there are some who rate one way but not the other

Yep, looks like you're back to flag favorites again.

nnaaaww! you cant see the tongue in cheek in my post?
atleast st.kilda is where we all thought they would be. And it aint in the 8!!

The consolidated bigfooty ladder had you finishing 8th...

yeh.. though if we are good enough to beat you well stay there for atleast another week.
but to SS none of us may be in the 8 courtesy of richmond

nnaaaww! you cant see the tongue in cheek in my post?
atleast st.kilda is where we all thought they would be. And it aint in the 8!!

yeh.. though if we are good enough to beat you well stay there for atleast another week.
but to SS none of us may be in the 8 courtesy of richmond
You sure about that? :D

I hadn't found this before. Great work. But it's bizarre that not only do most Big Footy fans underestimate the Swans every year - but most Swans supporters agree with them!

Will be interesting at end of year to see who were the most delusional supporters.
Have a sneaky suspicion it may be the least delusional from original ladder.

I hadn't found this before. Great work. But it's bizarre that not only do most Big Footy fans underestimate the Swans every year - but most Swans supporters agree with them!

Too early for that call, still possible that we'll finish 5th which is where we rated ourselves on average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting at end of year to see who were the most delusional supporters.
Have a sneaky suspicion it may be the least delusional from original ladder.

Too early for that call, still possible that we'll finish 5th which is where we rated ourselves on average.

Its almost a moot point. Given that only three wins seperate 3rd and 9th spot, and the same between 7th and 13th. Its really only people that were expecting big things from Port, Bulldogs or Melbourne that can be considered totally delusional.
Or did Carlton think they were going to rise above the pack?

Or did Carlton think they were going to rise above the pack?
Not really; they thought they'd finish Top 4 for sure (100% of ladders by Carlton supporters), but probably not make the Grand Final (only 36% of ladders) or win the flag (11%).

This isn't very different to what BigFooty overall thought: 75% tipped the Blues for Top 4, 23% for Top 2, and 7% for the flag.

The "Most Delusional Supporters" ladder put Carlton last because their expectations for the Blues weren't much higher than everyone else's.

Of course, now you can say those expectations were too optimistic, but that's not because Carlton fans were delusional; it's just that their team has performed quite a bit worse than almost everyone thought.

I just had a sneak peek at who's tracking to be the best tipster out of those 357 ladders, and as the ladder stands today, it's a tie between:
On a team basis, from best tipsters to worst:
  1. Sydney
  2. West Coast
  3. Adelaide
  4. Fremantle
  5. Brisbane
  6. North Melbourne
  7. Hawthorn
  8. Port Adelaide
  9. Western Bulldogs
  10. Essendon
  11. Geelong
  12. Collingwood
  13. St Kilda
  14. Carlton
  15. Richmond
  16. Melbourne
  17. Gold Coast
  18. Greater Western Sydney
This is using a simple measure of distance whereby you're penalized 1 pt for every ladder rung each team is away from what you predicted. The average is 55.4. Daz and Pegasaur are both on 36.

I just had a sneak peek at who's tracking to be the best tipster out of those 357 ladders, and as the ladder stands today, it's a tie between:
  1. Sydney
  2. West Coast
  3. Adelaide
  4. Fremantle
  5. Brisbane
  6. North Melbourne
  7. Hawthorn
  8. Port Adelaide
  9. Western Bulldogs
  10. Essendon
  11. Geelong
  12. Collingwood
  13. St Kilda
  14. Carlton
  15. Richmond
  16. Melbourne
  17. Gold Coast
This is using a simple measure of distance whereby you're penalized 1 pt for every ladder rung each team is away from what you predicted. The average is 55.4. Daz and Pegasaur are both on 36.

Genuinely not surprised that Sydney is first, we tend to be very realistic not only about our own ladder position, but everyone elses, on the basis of not really having any hated teams.

Out of interest, what threads are you using to make these predictions, and if so could you track down my prediction?

Linked from Post #1.

Cheers. Is there a quick way to search through it for mine?

I tried doing a Search but it didn't come up, so either I posted mine in one of the other ladder predictor threads, or I'm not using Search right, because I definitely made one.

1. Sydney
  2. West Coast
  3. Adelaide
  4. Fremantle
  5. Brisbane
  6. North Melbourne
  7. Hawthorn
  8. Port Adelaide
  9. Western Bulldogs
  10. Essendon
  11. Geelong
  12. Collingwood
  13. St Kilda
  14. Carlton
  15. Richmond
  16. Melbourne
  17. Gold Coast

Top 5 all interstate teams, could it be (as SM suggested) that because these teams have less hate for others that they can judge more objectively?

As a side note despite being labelled the most delusional North and Hawthorn supporters were the best out of the VIC teams.

1. Sydney
  2. West Coast
  3. Adelaide
  4. Fremantle
  5. Brisbane
  6. North Melbourne
  7. Hawthorn
  8. Port Adelaide
  9. Western Bulldogs
  10. Essendon
  11. Geelong
  12. Collingwood
  13. St Kilda
  14. Carlton
  15. Richmond
  16. Melbourne
  17. Gold Coast
Weekend's results were bad for Pegasaur, leaving Daz as our frontrunner.

On a club basis, North and Pie fans made a move:
  1. Sydney
  2. North Melbourne (↑4)
  3. West Coast (↓)
  4. Adelaide (↓)
  5. Brisbane
  6. Fremantle (↓2)
  7. Port Adelaide (↑)
  8. Hawthorn (↓)
  9. Collingwood (↑3)
  10. Essendon
  11. Western Bulldogs (↓2)