Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

If they give us 2 and 3 and we give them 8, 16, 20 , 23 and 24 they would be better off as they get 3 extra picks in the top 25 of a very strong draft . They need to build a whole team they don’t need just 2 good players they need ten as they are shithouse and will be even more so with the players leaving this year.
They already have a swag of top picks in this draft. They will want to consolidated not increase.
They have 3 coming in already plus up to 3 mature age draftees.
They will have 8 picks so far in top 40 why would they want an extra 3.

One thing that you have forgotten and a lot on here tend to forget.
Would you allow some of the comment mention on here to be spoken in front of your Wife or Adult Daughter?
We all slip up But I hope most would not use terminology or wording that they would not say in the own homes in front of people they respect.
But I am old school
I’m not condoning it ... just pointing out the reality of Social Media in all formats currently

True, but its largely us blokes doing it. Man up and say its unacceptable. This pathetic defence that some women do it too, is just ridiculous.
Unacceptable! To do what? Be a bit crude.

If the issue was that there are children reading, and the “adult” references are inappropriate then that would be fine. But to act like women are delicate flowers who dare not be offended or engage in crude discussion is actually a massively regressive attitude. An attitude that demands women be “pure and innocent”.

So what is “pathetic” is painting women as delicate easily offended individuals and men as rough and crass. That is actively being sexist!

Right, I think this is what people forget.

Last year Adelaide did very well out of the Lever and Cameron trades, enabling the Gibbs one, even though that cost more than what was wanted by many. The overall result being positive for Adelaide, which is the objective.

Some people get hung up on payback or revenge when it's the overall picture that matters. I think Adelaide will end up with a top 5 pick, but whether or not it's partly due to the MM trade is not really relevant. It simply comes down to whether you have that pick.
We'll take unders for Gov if it's locked in with us getting picks 2 & 3 from GC ..... if not, then it's you know what...

Crows-v-StK [Q1-3'46] [352x254].gif Crows-v-StK [Q1-3'46] [352x254].gif [1.0mb]

V.Geelong Tackle.gif V.Geelong Tackle.gif [0.9mb]
Kelly v Dangerfield [slow].gif Kelly v Dangerfield [slow].gif [0.7mb]
Kelly v Dangerfield [fast].gif Kelly v Dangerfield [fast].gif [1.1mb]

v danger.jpg v danger.jpg []

kane's 22.jpg

2021-v-GC Q3 16'36.gif 2021-v-GC Q3 16'36.gif [0.7mb]

Team Graphic 2017 GF.jpg

Last edited:
Had an Interesting conversation last night.

Take this with some grains of salt but I trust the person (for what ever that's worth)

Apparently Pyke is clamping down on players social activities and it's having an effect on the playing group.

"Hindley street is essentially banned."

This actually explains a lot.
Like I said, Lever and Cameron has been in McGovern's ears and saying how much they are getting from their new clubs. He had a chance to earn that at Fremantle but they are consider the lesser club in WA and he will be getting crap from the Eagle supporters given his brother play for opposite team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much depends on Shiel.

If he picks Hawthorn, the Hawks have an absolutely stellar midfield, which isn't a good thing for 17 other teams. However, it also absolutely ramps up the pressure on Carlton, who've been promising their fans that somehow they were going to be watching Shiel, McGovern, Setterfield and pick 1 in round 1 next year.

If Shiel goes to Hawthorn, Silvagni will have to bend a bit further to get McGovern - or he will walk out of trade week with only another raid of the GWS ressies as his prize.

Doesn't solve the problem of how other sides keep up with Hawthorn though....

If it’s ok with the mods it’s ok with me.
Maybe we need a quota of female mods to police the boards. Like the political parties, company boards etc are needing to employ.
Might be able to find a few Mirrabellas and Husars to right the ship. :eek:

When I was modding, the rules were to abide by what is acceptable for a PG audience. The site at that time was rated as pg = 14-year-olds and above. As far as I am aware those standards are still in place.

Jimmy Bartel on the AGE footy podcast thinks it'll be McGovern for mature age pick 1 as the main portion of the deal, with perhaps some later pick swaps if either club isn't too happy.

Honestly think this is unders but it's good to see someone credible from the media put his view forward.

McAdam fwiw Jimmy rates as around pick 20, which is probably fair enough guys.

#dontshootthemessenger #bartelsgotthegoods #reidoverbarrell

Im so sick of people on one saying "no way will we take 2 late 20s picks. Top 10 pick or go home. Multiple later picks doesnt equal a high pick regardless of what the points say."

On the other hand they think we can bundle up later picks and trade them to gold coast for pick 2, 3 or both.

Jimmy Bartel on the AGE footy podcast thinks it'll be McGovern for mature age pick 1 as the main portion of the deal, with perhaps some later pick swaps if either club isn't too happy.

Honestly think this is unders but it's good to see someone credible from the media put his view forward.

Let’s jsut apply a common sense filter here. How would you feel if SOS went to the draft with pick 20 and selected a 24 year old?

When was the last time a 24 year old was drafted in that range?

Remember, we’re talking being drafted, not trading someone of that age that has been playing AFL.

Let’s jsut apply a common sense filter here. How would you feel if SOS went to the draft with pick 20 and selected a 24 year old?

Remember, we’re talking being drafted, not trading someone of that age that has been playing AFL.

Maybe Last year Draft McAdam was a pick 20 but this year he a late 2nd or early 3rd at the best.
that deal is a rip-off and Vic excentric trade talk. it does not past the Crows stance on what benefits the Crows.

Kelly is reported as now being worth top 10 to geelong if he wants to be pried out:

As I said I think its unders mcadam for mcgovern...BUT its what jimmy said.

p.s. most i can see us giving up (this is what i think itll end up being)

mcadam
pick 24
swap of seconds in 2019

Kelly is reported as now being worth top 10 to geelong if he wants to be pried out:

As I said I think its unders mcadam for mcgovern...BUT its what jimmy said.

p.s. most i can see us giving up (this is what i think itll end up being)

mcadam
pick 24
swap of seconds in 2019
“Remember, we’re talking being drafted, not trading someone of that age that has been playing AFL.”

If Bartel said that he’s a ****ing moron. Stupidest suggestion yet.

It’s not unders, it’s giving him away for effectively nothing. McAdam has close to zero trade value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back