• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch must stop holding up the play each time he gets the ball. There were times when he just needed to get the ball moving

Contrast this will rachelle play to Rex latenIn the second qr where he took the mark and played on and kicked to advatage
yep.. its so frustrating because after holding everything up.. he ends up simply doing the exact thing you know he was gonna do in the first place.. long down the line to a contest!.. problem is it gives the opposition an eternity to set up ready for it.

the other thing I’m sick of seeing is our mids all being drawn into the same contest for the ball.. All of them all at once!!.. only to see the ball squeeze out to 2/3 unmanned opponents who can simply run away with it.

happens all the ****n time. its because they are all in and under scrappers.. all they know is “see ball, get/go for ball”..

This game (Aussie Rules) is hard to quantify.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Spot on. You have to actually observe the game, you can certainly extract some surprising insights from stats at the end of a game or over a period of time... but using statistics alone is folly.

Out: Sloane (inj.), Frampton (omitted)

I don't have the answers but I cannot stand Billy's contribution. I don't care how you read the stats. If Hinge isn't right, I'd rather Murray's offensive opportunities over Billy's defensive vortex.

re: the yucky reacts - come at me nerds!!!!!!
Frampton being dropped is the least controversial opinion ever.

Jesus people. The reason is that
Tex is back! Himmelberg (well anybody really) plays better when the best defender and loose player are on someone else!
No doubt Fogarty would kick 10 if he played with Tex haha

Ya gotta remember Himmelberg was our best tall forward in our last win pre tex

Can’t argue your way out of it

Tigers get on top in the third quarter … umpires say ‘Hold my beer’. Full strength Adel except for Seedsman. 32-13 in free kicks and you kicked 12-1 from set shots. It’s nice to win but I’d probably cool the celebrations - wouldn’t want to celebrate too early like in GF week of 2017 when Tex saved a seat on the plane for the cup

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm calling it...

Keays captain next year.

Has taken over as the heart and soul player under Nicks.
Nah, it's Doedee.
Doedee, nice fellow, but in bird terms he's a pigeon.
Keays is a HAWK by comparison.

For leadership, inspiration, I'd take Keays of the two, but Smithers has gotta be a chance, yeah?

yep.. its so frustrating because after holding everything up.. he ends up simply doing the exact thing you know he was gonna do in the first place.. long down the line to a contest!.. problem is it gives the opposition an eternity to set up ready for it.

the other thing I’m sick of seeing is our mids all being drawn into the same contest for the ball.. All of them all at once!!.. only to see the ball squeeze out to 2/3 unmanned opponents who can simply run away with it.

happens all the fu**n time. its because they are all in and under scrappers.. all they know is “see ball, get/go for ball”..

They were probably dogs in a previous life. See ball, chase ball.

Good win but what was especially pleasing was Richmond got out to a quick start and then challenged in the third quarter and hit the front - we steadied and got back on top.

Now to next week in Ballarat. Our tall forwards might be an issue for the Doggies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was pretty good. Managed to have the game on our terms most of the time.

Still did some of those mid-forward connection mistakes at times, lucky we didn't get burnt a few times for it too.

I thought ROB would spank Nank and I was right. He matches up well on him. That helped our midfield. Most of the time when they were breaking away if we didn't win it we were able to drive them fairly wide which was good to see. That's one of those little things we havent been doing. Berry started a bit dodgy getting up to the pace but was better and better as the game went on. He made a fair few subtle mistakes as well, be good to show him the tape, he should be able to learn a lot from looking back at it.

Was a bit annoyed with Dawson and Doedee at times. They are over flying at the ball and risking injury and still not killing it properly anyway. Few basic kicking errors and misdirections from the whole team. Billy and Jones are doing great things but also at time do really bad mistakes. Hopefully they can narrow it up a bit. Jones was great especially early in the game. A lot of the maligned guys were great. McHenry was fan bloody tastic. Back to Doedee, son, when you want to try that move around to create, to get good at it, you have to get a bit further away from the guy and accelerate a bit quicker, another subtle shift to go from a good to very good player.

Thats enough of the negatives.
Great coaching by Nicks giving it to the haters.
Excellent work by the players keeping the game mostly how we wanted it, nice and contested, seem to be getting the hang of what we want to do.
Was a great tight and exciting game to watch.
McAdam was a very helpful inclusion.
Laird was a bit off in the middle of the game, things werent just going his way, but he, Sloane and Crouch gave it to the haters. Helped ROB was killing it.
Gollant and Cooky were both good.
Tex was great.
Berg was great.
Rachele was great.
Butts was pretty good, bet he's sore.
Overall all played well.
Oh, I loved some of those hits we did tonight too. Jones and McAdam's were great. Some of their defenders will have some nice knee marks in their backs too, nice for us to give some of those out.

Tigers get on top in the third quarter … umpires say ‘Hold my beer’. Full strength Adel except for Seedsman. 32-13 in free kicks and you kicked 12-1 from set shots. It’s nice to win but I’d probably cool the celebrations - wouldn’t want to celebrate too early like in GF week of 2017 when Tex saved a seat on the plane for the cup

0F377C8B-EDAB-4DDB-B6D2-F85CB08035FD.gif

All were there, did you complain about the apparent free against Dawson which resulted in a direct kick in front of goal 30m out in the 1st quarter????

Cool the celebrations?

We won. We're celebrating it. Why wouldn't we?

Crows probably got the rub of the green with the umpires, but a lot of that was Richmond's history of ducking into tackles finally not paying off.

The free kick difference was actually from the umpires making GOOD decisions - though the Crows got a good run with the 50/50 calls.

Tigers get on top in the third quar youter … umpires say ‘Hold my beer’. Full strength Adel except for Seedsman. 32-13 in free kicks and you kicked 12-1 from set shots. It’s nice to win but I’d probably cool the celebrations - wouldn’t want to celebrate too early like in GF week of 2017 when Tex saved a seat on the plane for the cup

Why don't you piss off back to your own board. If you can't contribute anything decent then don't bother coming here at all.

Hard to accept when your no longer the VFLs favourite isn't it

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back