• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's a contract year, but how good has Himmelberg been. Looking very agile, kicking them from outside 50m, taking contested marks, kicking his set shots.

Good:
Everyone. Good team effort today and they really lifted the intensity and maintained it.
  • Himmelberg. We all wrote him off but he's impressing.
  • Tex. 5 goals. Just wow.
  • Defense. Butts and Doedee (and to a lesser extent Frampton) defended extremely well all day.
  • McAdam >>>>>> Rowe. Aerially, he's better. Defensively, laid some really strong tackles and bumps today. Rowe is the better crumbing forward, but in terms of pressure and marking option around the ground, McAdams wins it. It's good to see him back in the side today.
  • Cook's poise just shone through today.
  • Laird, Smithers, Dawson, Keays, Crouch, Sloane, Berry Scholl all contributed well.
  • Jones, ROB and Frampton redeemed themselves.

Bad:
- Don't think anyone was particularly bad. Brown and McHenry were quiet.

Ugly:
- Cotchin back to his dirty ways in kicking Tex
perfect summary.

close thread.

22 possessions 9 marks at 77% efficiency. He had his best game at AFL level.
A lot of it was fluff though. Cheap possessions down back under no pressure. When things were hot, he fumbled and made mistakes. He's one of those players where you're always praying the ball doesn't go near him.

Out: Sloane (inj.), Frampton (omitted)

I don't have the answers but I cannot stand Billy's contribution. I don't care how you read the stats. If Hinge isn't right, I'd rather Murray's offensive opportunities over Billy's defensive vortex.

re: the yucky reacts - come at me nerds!!!!!!

Last edited:
A really good win - one of our better performances under Nicks.

Very few passengers and a lot of guys standing up in patches.

Loved seeing Doedee back in form (other than his Dmac impersonation in the third term).

ROB was much better after half time after a disastrously bad first half.

The run and handball game style is good to watch.

Out: Sloane (inj.), Frampton (omitted)

I don't have the answers but I cannot stand Billy's contribution. I don't care how you read the stats. If Hinge isn't right, I'd rather Murray's offensive opportunities over Billy's defensive vortex.
Murray is in awful form

A really good win - one of our better performances under Nicks.

Very few passengers and a lot of guys standing up in patches.

Loved seeing Doedee back in form (other than his Dmac impersonation in the third term).

ROB was much better after half time after a disastrously bad second half.

The run and handball game style is good to watch.
And this week they changed gears when they needed to, unlike the slow play quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch must stop holding up the play each time he gets the ball. There were times when he just needed to get the ball moving

Contrast this will rachelle play to Rex latenIn the second qr where he took the mark and played on and kicked to advatage
Yep

Crouch is out of step with the whole team. Takes forever then floats up a lob wedge

Wonder if Walker again next year, we take the strategy of one week off and 5 weeks on?

He looks amazing when he's had a bit of rest....
Started 2022 like last year. Looks sharp, lifts all around him.
BOG by a mile, 10 AFLCA votes and 3 Brownlow from today.

I'd venture to say we could well be 4-1 if he'd played all 5 games.

Huge win. Pretty much everyone played their role well and it took a lot of backbone to respond the way we did. We very easily could've been blown away in the third after they got on top, but we regrouped and got back in the game again.

Full credit to Nicks for changing the midfield set-up too. Took Sloane out who did some nice things (shame about his injury) and Berry looked up to the task.

Still a bit to work on, but that performance gave me a lot of hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad/Ugly vs Richmond, R5 2022

Back