List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I fear you are going early on this one. But time will tell.

Hard to see how he gets a game next year based on the present defensive make up. If Jeka continues his upward trajectory down there (still not as convinced on him as others) and Blanck locks down the FB position then even Frost is going to have a hard time muscling his way back into the back 6 let alone Hartigan. Hartigan played 10 games at BH and only 3 at Hawthorn - I think it’s fairly clear where Sam sees him in the pecking order. People tried to spin the injury card for Phillips with his senior absence this year despite his volume of VFL games this year and he was subsequently dealisted.

I think Sam was sending a fairly clear message on that quintet of players (Hartigan, Shiel, Howe, Hartigan and Phillips) who were getting walk up starts almost under Clarko - 3 of them are now gone.

Last edited:
Seriously - you’ve just shown us all you have no idea about managing a list of 42 AFL players.
I am not a list manager and don’t pretend to be but I know Hartigan won’t get a game next year. Frost is back up. Even Jeka was and will be used as a key defender before Hartigan. If we get injuries to key defenders next year we can always get one in the mid season draft like Blanck this year.

A deal that long, without any clauses dialled in, for a player that wasn’t likely in demand was a bit much.

I fear you are going early on this one. But time will tell.
This is what I was suggesting you were going early on. Not whether or not hartigan was going to get a game. If we do retain him, the reasons are unlikely to be apparent before trade week, I’d suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is also the possibility, albeit slim, that another club has expressed a willingness in preliminary talks to trade a late pick for Hartigan as a depth defender, one which might be useful in points for Hawthorn for picking up Jerome Lawrence .

As I said, slim, but remember, many players are not delisted until after trade week.

I can’t see him going on contracted or not. Surely it’s just respectful to not lump him in with the delistings if he is retiring?

I thought he was solid last year but time to move on.

This is what the preseason take on Hawthorn’s 2021 was, for those making out like Hartigan was a problem.

“The Hawks were considered elite in the defensive end, ranking 5th for not conceding scores per entries. Sam Frost, Kyle Hartigan and Blake Hardwick collectively were outmarked only five times.”

This is what the preseason take on Hawthorn’s 2021 was, for those making out like Hartigan was a problem.

“The Hawks were considered elite in the defensive end, ranking 5th for not conceding scores per entries. Sam Frost, Kyle Hartigan and Blake Hardwick collectively were outmarked only five times.”
A simular article by Harvey also said " I’ve known Tommy for a long time and I thought he got a lot of his strengths back in pre-season and we could see those, it was just really unfortunate luck that he went down with injury but we're looking forward for big things from him next year.”

Next minute his delisted, so i am not so sure about these reports.

It felt like Hartigan barely played at Box Hill and often travelled with the team this year.

I know the soft cap is increasing 500k next year, but watching pre-game this year, it certainly felt like Sam had lots of trust in Hartigan as pseudo assistant coach.

Wouldn't shock me if he's being kept on the list primarily a development coach, with that not coming out of the soft cap.

Decision might be made closer to the trade period depending on what we do and if we need to delist someone else.

A simular article by Harvey also said " I’ve known Tommy for a long time and I thought he got a lot of his strengths back in pre-season and we could see those, it was just really unfortunate luck that he went down with injury but we're looking forward for big things from him next year.”

Next minute his delisted, so i am not so sure about these reports.
You realize one is statistical data from Champion data and the other is a filtered opinion reported for members, yeah?

Thats honestly one of the silliest comparisons I’ve read on this board, and you’ve somehow got a bunch of people buying it.

You realize one is statistical data from Champion data and the other is a filtered opinion reported for members, yeah?

Thats honestly one of the silliest comparisons I’ve read on this board, and you’ve somehow got a bunch of people buying it.
Statts can be manipulated mate, an do not always show the full picture. An beside a year makes a big difference especially in your 30's.

Some would rate coaches in the know over some app also.

Statts can be manipulated mate, an do not always show the full picture. An beside a year makes a big difference especially in your 30's.

Why the hell would Champion Data or the Herald Sun manipulate stats in Hawthorn’s favor?

You think the coaches are being completely honest when they write a paragraph for the club to publish publicly? Wtf.

E64E0F64-64FE-4FD9-AA65-DE8B112CA7C2.jpeg

Pretty hard to manipulate a stat where 3 certain players were out marked just 5 times in an entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back