List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hartigan pick up was a head scratcher at the time, is even worse in hindsight.
I’m hearing that he won’t be on the list next season
I don’t understand how it was a head scratcher?

We had just retired Frawley and had Frost as our full back.

Don't you get it, whatever kid we decide to take at Pick 100 who will probably never play a game is the difference between success and failure! Having a guy on the list as depth earning AFL average wage is list management suicide.

Don't you get it, whatever kid we decide to take at Pick 100 who will probably never play a game is the difference between success and failure! Having a guy on the list as depth earning AFL average wage is list management suicide.
So picking up a player who was never improving our list and now is clogging our list is a success?
It was an incorrect decision but that’s footy list management.

Am I in the minority that thinks Hartigan wasn't too bad last year? Did some decent jobs and even gave Hawkin's a few whacks to the back of the head.

The same people complain that Vickery wasn't 100 a goal year full forward, instead of cover for a threadbare ruck division with several question marks over long term injuries.

The same people wail that Vickery wasn't 100 a goal year full forward, instead of the cover for a threadbare ruck division with several question marks over long term injuries.

He was also brought in because Roughy wasn’t expected to bounce back so quickly from cancer treatment. Again though - much like the Phillips gamble, that was a 2 year deal.

So picking up a player who was never improving our list and now is clogging our list is a success?
Oh well, he goes next year instead of this...

I would have preferred two years instead of three, but if we have to wait until next year instead of this year, it's not the end of the ****ing world.

One less decision to make at the end of 2023..i

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said It doesn’t have clauses in it? Have you read his contract?

His lack of delisting would suggest so. Fairly clear that he’s viewed as being as relevant to our future as Howe, Shiels and Phillips based on his senior games this year.

It's not a success or failure it's so ****ing minuscule in the context of a 38 man list I don't know why anyone cares.

The same people complain that Vickery wasn't 100 a goal year full forward, instead of cover for a threadbare ruck division with several question marks over long term injuries.
No i would complain that he was a complete potato and we would have been better off picking an unknown player not getting paid 500k a year.

That was the exact moment Clarko jumped the shark.

It would make sense to pay him out and free up a list spot (if that is allowed).
It’s not allowed.
Am I in the minority that thinks Hartigan wasn't too bad last year? Did some decent jobs and even gave Hawkin's a few whacks to the back of the head.
No you’re not.

There’s plenty here who agree with you, but a handful who forget he played 19 of 22 games in 2021 (Hardly evidence of a list clogger. 🙄)
and now embarrass themselves by calling for his early retirement.

Three clicks and you can get to the thread welcoming Kyle. We signed him for 3 years. It’s true.
I have done a bit of research in Bigfooty and google/afl.com.au regarding Kyle Hartigan's contract.

In Hartigan's Thread, Dixie Flatline initially mentioned that the contract is for 3 years.

1662206766044.png

Later there was a correction in the afl site (Another Crow to go: Free agent to join big Vic club), thus Dixie Flatline has mentioned it in his later post.

1662207181257.png

1662206828832.png

I have also checked afl.com.au and it has listed Hartigan as a free agent ---- Every 2022 free agent revealed, your club's crunch re-signings

The article was posted on afl.com.au on Feb 10, 2022

"AFL.com.au has compiled an exclusive full list of this year's free agents, with the Swans having 10 free agents on their list and the Bulldogs having nine among the 104 free agents across the AFL."

1662207017961.png

350k would see me sitting on a bench all season if I had to
It’s not allowed.

No you’re not.

There’s plenty here who agree with you, but a handful who forget he played 19 of 22 games in 2021 (Hardly evidence of a list clogger. 🙄)
He was good in 2021 but hardly got a game this year even with Frost out. The arrival of Blanck means he is no longer required.

It’s not allowed.

No you’re not.

If Clarko didn’t get the chop he probably would have played all this season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back