Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Odd game by Brayshaw. Had a heap of the ball and in the best couple on the ground. But had 0 clearances and only 2 score involvements which where his goal and a goal assist.

Serong with 10 clearances on the other hand. Plus 6 tackles to 2 Serong’s way
Mixed bag for me. Lots of possessions without great impact. Thought Serong was much better.

listening to 720 on the way home in regards to the improvement of Brayshaw and Serrong

Apparently Brayshaw asked Darcy at the beginning of the season how he gone about improving his game

Long and the short of it, him and Serrong decided to do an extra 45 minutes of training before each training session and that group has now grown to 10

That’s a very young midfield they have that will continue to improve - they just need a forward

Odd game by Brayshaw. Had a heap of the ball and in the best couple on the ground. But had 0 clearances and only 2 score involvements which where his goal and a goal assist.

Serong with 10 clearances on the other hand. Plus 6 tackles to 2 Serong’s way
He's just a beast work rate wise. I rate him as weirdly, one of the best defensive mids in the league. One of the hardest runners as well. He won't get highlight lace out passes or amazing clearances, but he's just so far above in those small things

Did anyone else think that the Pies vs Geelong game had a massive amount of fumbles and errors?

Is this a pressure thing or are these 2 sides not that good?

Heaps of players slipping over too.

Between that and the umpiring - it was hardly the ‘greatest final’ the commentators were making it out to be. Entertaining - for sure, wouldn’t even be in the top 10 greatest games of all time however.

Between that and the umpiring - it was hardly the ‘greatest final’ the commentators were making it out to be. Entertaining - for sure, wouldn’t even be in the top 10 greatest games of all time however.

Not a GF or even a knock out final…..

Luke Darcy “the stakes couldn’t be higher”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of Angst over on the Doggies board
A lot not happy with their coaching or lack of it
Worth a read
They should be unhappy, I've been saying for ages that they win in spite of Bevo and not because of him. That midfield and forward line shouldn't be barely scraping in.

They should be unhappy, I've been saying for ages that they win in spite of Bevo and not because of him. That midfield and forward line shouldn't be barely scraping in.
That backline though…
Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

I reckon I know why. McRae's not going to like the answer though...

Not a GF or even a knock out final…..

Luke Darcy “the stakes couldn’t be higher”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, I laughed when I heard that too. I think the first bit was "Winner straight through to a Preliminary final..." 🤦‍♂️

Another one of his I laughed at for different reasons was when he asked Jobe what it was like to give the captain's address before a big final. "It can be hard to get the words out"

In my mind he was sledging Jobe who struggles to use people words at the best of times. His commentary makes me long for the well modulated tones of Mark Robinson.

Plus, it reminded me of *'s finals record. 🤣

It was really enjoyable but I thought it had nothing on the Brisbane Richmond game as a great final.

Unhappy with the Cats result (though they will now need to beat Melbourne at the G in a prelim). But as a viewer the quality of all 4 finals was really top shelf. One of the best weeks of footy in a long time. We have definitely moved past that rotten Richmond brand that dominated the sport for a few things after our era.

Great games this weekend could turn into fizzers next week.

Can't see Brisbane turning it around enough to get close to Melbourne. They might match them in the contest but they struggle to spread the ball like Sydney do. Plus their fwds are too inconsistent.

Collingwood should take care of freo. If bulldogs had a half decent backline that game was over. Freo when they bring the pressure are a hard team to play but Collingwood have to many match winners in form and their backline matches up perfectly against freo's fwds.

listening to 720 on the way home in regards to the improvement of Brayshaw and Serrong

Apparently Brayshaw asked Darcy at the beginning of the season how he gone about improving his game

Long and the short of it, him and Serrong decided to do an extra 45 minutes of training before each training session and that group has now grown to 10

That’s a very young midfield they have that will continue to improve - they just need a forward
Won't be long before our boys are doing stuff like this imo.
Ward, Long, Ramma, Finn and Newc in particular strike me as players who have/will be doing anything and everything to get us there.

He‘s entitled to be pissed off.
It’s as if Geelong has done a deal with the AFL so that the holding the ball, dropping the ball, one handed handball doesn’t apply to them.
I couldn’t believe what Geelong got away with last night - except I could because they get that free treatment regularly.

He‘s entitled to be pissed off.
It’s as if Geelong has done a deal with the AFL so that the holding the ball, dropping the ball, one handed handball doesn’t apply to them.
I couldn’t believe what Geelong got away with last night - except I could because they get that free treatment regularly.
ABB3DB45-2028-4D6F-BA06-4E21C83BA456.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back