List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's true that we offered 9 and Clark for 3 then Gags needs to be fired on the spot.

After his last few trade periods, I have absolutely 0 faith in him getting any deals done that favour us.

This trade period has been a fail considering he said be wanted some back up at both ends of the ground and only managing one. Also said wanted more top 30 picks and got none either.

Not being in serious contention for Bowes and 7 was an absolute disaster.

Never put your eggs in one basket and he screwed up with JDG who opted to stay. I think every Tom Dick and Harry were about 90% confident that JDG wasn't going to leave the pies. It was all posturing from both sides contrary to our late night call.

If I was Walsh I would be closely monitoring what he is doing.

Jeez we over rate some of our players.

Bowes was thrown in as steak knives in the Pick 7 deal

Career stats are total garbage for a lot of players now.
For starters they include injury sub games. If you sit as injury sub without playing 3 games , then play a 40 disposal game, your average is 10.

You can look at Hunter's 2021 stats, and they are fine for the different positions he played. Further, i'd rate his disposals as quality disposals.
Yes he had a crap season in 2022, doesn't mean i want him gone, means i want him better.

If it's true that we offered 9 and Clark for 3 then Gags needs to be fired on the spot.

After his last few trade periods, I have absolutely 0 faith in him getting any deals done that favour us.

This trade period has been a fail considering he said be wanted some back up at both ends of the ground and only managing one. Also said wanted more top 30 picks and got none either.

Not being in serious contention for Bowes and 7 was an absolute disaster.

Never put your eggs in one basket and he screwed up with JDG who opted to stay. I think every Tom Dick and Harry were about 90% confident that JDG wasn't going to leave the pies. It was all posturing from both sides contrary to our late night call.

If I was Walsh I would be closely monitoring what he is doing.
I think this should be enough to move him on

List boss James Gallagher said supporters, who would have to be in their late 50s to have seen the club’s only premiership in 1966, wouldn’t mind waiting another 12 months to ensure the Saints spiked sharply.

“There’s a real sense of urgency at our footy club to get better and go up the ladder. But we’re not trying to go up the ladder to finish sixth,” Gallagher said.

“We want to be a team that plays at the real pointy end of the year. If that takes a year longer, that’s OK.

“Our supporters are unbelievably patient. They’re passionate, they are loyal and they are patient.”

This Clark situation is concerning. So we shopped him obviously for some reason most likely we don't see him having the drive to succeed. Next minute he wants to go to the bottom team probably on good coin. They low-ball us and we decide not to give him away for peanuts (right decision).

But now we've got a player who appears unhappy and wants to walk to the bottom team at the first sign of adversity. This is the real concern for me, we need kids that are going to work their asses off to drag us up by their coat-tails.

Obviously the hope now is he sits down with Lenny and really assesses what he wants his career to be and it somehow clicks for him. But there's a good chance we have a genuine trade request on our hands in 12 months time, and also the underlying concern are we pushing s**t uphill with this bloke?
Are there any situations in which a player was almost traded and then turned out to come good at his current club and stay long term?

Geez we've got some substantial holes on our list.

If Marshall goes down, we're relying on a guy who's played 5 games coming off an ACL, or a 19 y.o mid-season draft pick.

If King goes down, we're probably bombing it into Owens or Sharman in the goal square.

2023 ain't gonna be it unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This situation can be a wake up call for a lot of players. Things haven't gone his way and now he needs to move on, work hard to change the perception the coaches have of him. If this doesn't make him focus on his professionalism, nothing will.

And if he still plans on leaving, he needs to pull his finger out and have a great year because it's his chance at a good sized contract.
I‘ve raised two young men who are thankfully both on very good career paths now.

But I’ll tell you something for nothing that I learnt, kids (particularly boys, I have found) mature at different rates, often quite late and have different motivations. Hopefully this is the event that puts Hunter on his path to achieve the best of himself and career. Remember when Coff said he ate fruit toast for breakfast!

I’m prepared to back him in - this will be a little wake up call. Especially the thought that the club who wanted him valued him so low. Maybe he realises he can’t just rest on the laurels of being a #7 draft pick and that talent will only get him so far.

Mark my words, if he can get a clear run at it, this will be the year he takes himself to a higher level. He’s got the talent, clearly, it’s what he does with it now. It’ll be an interesting watch for sure.

Here endeth the lesson 🙄

Based on what champ?
Champed, damn.

I think most can see our issue is consistency. When we play at our best we can match it with anyone, we've shown that but we are a mediocre side because we don't do it every week. So we've shown the talent is there to win a flag but we need to get serious about the work required to become a consistently good side and make that a reality.

Mediocrity is Wiederman, Setterfield and Acres, I see were some stand in the mediocrity stakes.
Are there any situations in which a player was almost traded and then turned out to come good at his current club and stay long term?
Ryan Okeefe at Sydney won a Norm Smith Medal
Stephen Milne paperwork was in and missed by 2 minutes going to Essendon

Last edited:
Papley the most notable one.
Ryan O’Keefe
Champed, damn.

I think most can see our issue is consistency. When we play at our best we can match it with anyone, we've shown that but we are a mediocre side because we don't do it every week. So we've shown the talent is there to win a flag but we need to get serious about the work required to become a consistently good side and make that a reality.
Dont think we have the mental toughness/thirst to be that unfortunately - We’ve been treading water for 10 years

How did Brady Rawlings land the gig of List Manager? With what experience?

It seems like he played a few years of fantasy football after retiring, shrugged, and applied for the job, because the Hunter Clark offer was the classic “bundle of shit for a premium player” offer that is rife in the hobby.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back