List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit delusional for north to think they could get Clark without giving up a first rounder.

We’ll be fine next year, our list is good enough you can all relax. The issue remains our consistency of effort, prep and coaching.

Yes there were a lot of trades floating around but not many were ideal for us. Look forward to getting a top 10 pick in the draft and then jumping into the pre-season. Lots of new coaches and staff at the club, couple of new players, some returning from injury players, and importantly lots of room for improvement in our list.

No reason to be defeatist about next season already just because you got blue balled in a draft period when Gags told us all along we weren’t looking to be active players.
Think both clubs were delusional with their offers.

we haven't got a list that can contend, if we did have Gallagher wouldn't have said what he did today.
They went the wrong way about the list build and are adjusting on the run hoping we don't notice
First half of the year says differently.

Thats why I said psychology. Toughen them up mentally. We are capable of Top 8 for a start.

Papley is the most well known one.
Well, it's not a great sample size. Have to just hope we have a good year and Clark is injury free getting games otherwise that could be it. Coff should get in his ear and convince him to stay. To me, Clark is one of the most talented on the list. Would be a huge loss to see him traded.

It’s not pick anything yet given it’s a future and you’re giving up clark and another good first round pick to get it. We need more top end talent and you can’t achieve that doing 2 out 1 in deals imo, that’s why I don’t like it.
He probably goes out for not much next year unless our coaching turns around

First half of the year says differently.

Thats why I said psychology. Toughen them up mentally. We are capable of Top 8 for a start.
I agree with this completely. All between the ears for this group. Look at how belief and mental toughness played a part in how far Collingwood went. The game is played above the shoulders, things turn very quickly if we apply ourselves.

Allison looks like a shocking selection but really it seems to happen all the time. He was pick 29, look at all the top ten picks on the move this trade period that didn't make it. Paddy Dow was pick 4 wasn't he?

Last year's draft looks like our best in years but we need to back it up and start doing it consistently.
Still think development is more of an issue. Windy Nas and Windy are great case studies. All with good first years. Can we get at least one of them to become a superstar? Imo a team with good development would make at least two into superstar level. Personally I’m big on Windy as I’ve stated multiple times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad we didn't put our eggs in the Ratugolea basket.

Geelong wouldn't accept pick 33, so we'd have had to give up one of our 2nds rounders.

Cordy without giving up a pick and a more proven track record doesn't seem so bad.
I suspect a little piece of the Rata thing was Geelong not wanting to give him up to another potential contender. Suspect we could have got him cheaper than they wanted port to pay but he’s also not a backman so I don’t get why port wanted him at all.

That was weord

Still think development is more of an issue. Windy Nas and Windy are great case studies. All with good first years. Can we get at least one of them to become a superstar? Imo a team with good development would make at least two into superstar level. Personally I’m big on Windy as I’ve stated multiple times.
Yes, twice evidently

I am stunned that Gags said we are a patient bunch that are fine to wait a year. We aren't patient at all. Loyal yes, but most definitely impatient. Jesus.
If anything we have run out of patience

I wonder how Karl Amon would be feeling right now. Cashed up no doubt but was he expecting to play for a team that is fully tanking?

How did Brady Rawlings land the gig of List Manager? With what experience?

It seems like he played a few years of fantasy football after retiring, shrugged, and applied for the job, because the Hunter Clark offer was the classic “bundle of s**t for a premium player” offer that is rife in the hobby.

The stress of this trade period has really taken a toll

vGYZTAV.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back