Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had Aidan Corr come into my work with his lovely new wife yesterday. In a very brief chat, he volunteered that there had been an incredible amount of change at the club and that standards had definitely been lifted. Said Clarko was involved in everything, including reorganising all of the offices at Arden Street.

Yes I heard similar

1668139793536.png

oh stop it Matthew!!

And fyi I would have been deemed coloured and that is awesome. But I would have snuck in a reversed one in the whites only dunny's

oh well

The acurate one there will be segregation in place at Arden Street under the new regime.

But not based on such heinous lines.

View attachment 1552319

Grand work man, good job. lol

As an aside my ex once said to me should we ever have travelled to SA early days during our relationship, that we couldn't have gotten on the same bus unless I was driving it. I did LOL.

Gave her 10/10 for racism.

Grand work man, good job. lol

As an aside my ex once said to me should we ever have travelled to SA early days during our relationship, that we couldn't have gotten on the same bus unless I was driving it. I did LOL.

Gave her 10/10 for racism.

It was a coitus metaphor ffs, you silly man.

Had Aidan Corr come into my work with his lovely new wife yesterday. In a very brief chat, he volunteered that there had been an incredible amount of change at the club and that standards had definitely been lifted. Said Clarko was involved in everything, including reorganising all of the offices at Arden Street.

7577969923;

" ohh and yeh, l accidently stood on his foot as he was leaving and we were shaking hands. You had to be there 🤣 "

The key thing I'd like to see from our boys is the immediate observation that we've established a new game style that can hold up when we have momentum and when we don't. (Obviously won't be perfectly executed in his first season but there needs to be an identity)

It's been pretty clear we've had to play absolutely bonkers for long enough to make up for the game styles we've played in the past and that has made us vulnerable when we're cooked.

Something that is workable in terms of sustainability and player longevity will go a long way in terms of producing consistent results hopefully putting the dreaded 'what North will show up today' to bed.

Clarko has to strike a balance with the playing group in terms of game style. Something that requires good kicking and running but doesn't tire us beyond catastrophic levels of vulnerability. A defensive structure that can withstand a barrage of momentum switching moments and slingshot when necessary as well as improving the forward line connection to the rest of the ground.

For the mids, some crucial changes need to be made at centre bounces and stoppages when we are required to stem the flow and defend. Tempo control will be crucial and our players will need to learn those mechanics when those situations come.

In order to win a flag, you have to win the close ones, stop momentum and slingshot the other way as well as identify a weakness in opposition and exploit. Good teams put the foot down on the opponents throat. A trait that has been ever so absent since our last premiership.

Clarko knows what's required, I hope the players can help in reaching that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Lenny was quality too as is Cunners.

Both have given their club fantastic service.
Remember the first time I watched Lenny play us.Archer fair and square put the kid on his ass it was a perfect
Wecome to the big league son,to lennys credit he got back up straight away.RESPECT!
[/QUOTE]

Ash speaks to Clarko's involvement in the Womens program - spoke to the group during the week, in the rooms on game day

One thing which is noticeable about Alastair is he certainly immerses himself in the Club. He knows our Club and how it ticks as he started with us. It is probably why he is so successful as he likes too know and involves himself in all facets big and small .

Luke said something like "we want guys who want to be here - we have picks 2 and 3 this year, both Melbourne boys."
The top 6-7 players are all Vic based.

Not a big surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back