Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no it’s not. Playing weaker sides, we should be more adventurous in selection & game style. We should be asking questions & driving standards not maintaining a status quo that’s proven not to be good enough when it counts
Yeah that’s what we should be doing. Playing style/continuity of playing style/player for player in same position be damned. Against weaker sides we should just play under 8s no defence footy…. Because yeah that’s what all the great sides do 😂😂😂 Brah…. I’m all for blooding kids but let’s just get to a position where we can first instead of running a chook lotto

Honey shows selection integrity doesn't exist. Not worth busting a gut in the VFL.
I think pre season has a lot to do with early selections - when durdin and Martin were out looked owies and honey were playing for the fwd spot in last game against Sydney owies got the nod -- same with Cincotta Cowan ..
would say judgements are hopefully taken off 5 months of work not 2 weeks

Wow, you must have seen a different Fisher from the one I was watching. If I was to rate him out of 10, it would have been a 3.
Think he is an okay player normally, but he lacks consistency
Didn’t do it all day but, he had a good last quarter cleaning up.

I like that Voss is looking for cohesion in a game plan, not chucking guys in and out on one bad performance.

Cowan might “look like he needs a rest” but his career is 3 games in! He’s shown a fair bit and deserves every chance to keep cracking. Moooooo!

Simple really - you need to earn your spot. This bloke has done JS all year let alone his career to walk straight into this game.
I hope he plays well and does all the things people want to see.
All year?
He was there abouts for Round 1 selection after a full pre-season, has been Emergency for each of the first 3 rounds, and replaces an injured bloke who plays his position. It seems to be a textbook example of 'selection integrity'?

Which small forward should have replaced Owies?

Simple really - you need to earn your spot. This bloke has done JS all year let alone his career to walk straight into this game.
I hope he plays well and does all the things people want to see.

Walk straight into this game? What are you on about, we've got like a dozen blokes out injured.

He's being picked on the basis that he's a forward 50 player and we've got forward players like Owies, Martin and Cottrell all missing, plus midfielders like Walsh, Kennedy and Acres.

Why do people get so ****ing irate about the next best (fit) forward being picked to replace an injured forward? It's sensible, logical and utterly understandable selection policy.

So Cunningham not listed in the vfl the vfl selection said he is selected in the AFL?
Wouldn't surprise me if his shoulder isn't right. Looked to me he was carrying his shoulder in the 3rd QTR onwards when I looked at the VFL match last week. Didn't want to lay a tackle at one point in the 3rd QTR

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
It’s an interesting one, on one hand, Josh doesn’t deserve to be picked off of a 5 disposal and no score game in the VFL.

Sounds like a normal AFL game for honey

Someone has to play the Martin role of doing SFA all day

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All year?
He was there abouts for Round 1 selection after a full pre-season, has been Emergency for each of the first 3 rounds, and replaces an injured bloke who plays his position. It seems to be a textbook example of 'selection integrity'?

Which small forward should have replaced Owies?

Gotta love people criticising players selected and going on abut selection integrity without providing a viable alternative.

Upset Honey was chosen yet ignores the context that with our injuries he's basically the last option.

No, no it’s not. Playing weaker sides, we should be more adventurous in selection & game style. We should be asking questions & driving standards not maintaining a status quo that’s proven not to be good enough when it counts

Oh Harry.

You were proclaiming that it would take a minor miracle for us to beat GWS last week.

Now apparently we should be changing our team and play style to experiment against weaker teams.

Do you really not see why people find your posts contentious?

Oh Harry.

You were proclaiming that it would take a minor miracle for us to beat GWS last week.

Now apparently we should be changing our team and play style to experiment against weaker teams.

Do you really not see why people find your posts contentious?
Hey- minor miracle was pretty accurate, that free went a long way to securing the win.
And yeah, I appreciate it’s contentious - I am not a fan of how we are playing, would like to see more run, carry, creativity and targeting it in to our forward line from transition, not bombing it in.
We have also lost our drive & break away from clearance especially centre clearance (also how we are being scored against too), I’m not saying we need to be 100% run and gun but a bit of quick clean movement wouldn’t hurt. Also want those not playing well sent to the 2s & players being made to earn it to get back in

Hey- minor miracle was pretty accurate, that free went a long way to securing the win.
And yeah, I appreciate it’s contentious - I am not a fan of how we are playing, would like to see more run, carry, creativity and targeting it in to our forward line from transition, not bombing it in.
We have also lost our drive & break away from clearance especially centre clearance (also how we are being scored against too), I’m not saying we need to be 100% run and gun but a bit of quick clean movement wouldn’t hurt. Also want those not playing well sent to the 2s & players being made to earn it to get back in
Do you even watch the games? Have to wonder because your observations are bizarre to say the least.

Maybe you just enjoy poking a stick in the hornets nest.

Having Walsh, Williams, Boyd and Cottrell unavailable makes run and gun a fair bit harder for us right now. We have had to change how we play and so far it's worked. It hasn't been as fluent and eye catching as we would like but the 4 names above each bring a faster and more exciting ball movement than what we currently have.

Then to add to that Kennedy, Hewett and Acres all to have missed matches in the first 4 weeks, really makes the side unsettled.

Do you even watch the games? Have to wonder because your observations are bizarre to say the least.

Maybe you just enjoy poking a stick in the hornets nest.
Can I just say - poking a stick at Hornets nests isn’t a good move … I did something like that recently ( planting a banana tree), and they very quickly buzzed around me like MAV & Goose - zap zap zap!

I digress ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back