Autopsy Autopsy. Just stop the game Gil. These fools are criminals.

Remove this Banner Ad

We North supporters will need to wear bags on our heads tomorrow:-

Team has pants pulled down.
Essendon making us look pathetic.
JHF pulling Port over the line.

Can it get any worse. The “Sympathy “ thread is fast becoming the most cringeworthy idea in history.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cringeworthy on here or real life?

Maybe so but we are still worse so too bad Hawks

We went from one of the "best" spoon teams in 2021 (remember when the media and oppo fans were saying that?) to possibly the worst spoon side in 2022 since the comp went national.

It sucks and it's bloody hard to be patient but it's going to be 2025/26 at the earliest that we will be a semi-competent side...that will be a whole 10 years without a finals appearance.

Footy sucks like that sometimes...at least with NBA 1 player can make the difference between a contender and a meh team. In this sport the rebuilding process can be brutal for supporters.

Last edited:

Is the Captain wearing number 11 one of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

It’s a fail she had you
Especially if you consider those north players are fails you moron
I mean just in today's game, champ...

🤣It just serves to reinforce how bad we really are. As supporters, we’re reduced to trying to laugh at a team who have beaten us every single year since 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A 10 year old thread designed to discuss the Drug Cheating?

Abc Yes GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

No Mav, sorry. He held his wrist and the ball fell out. It is text book tackling technique. I only wish some of our other players would learn smart tackling like this.
watch again. Do
Confused Little Girl GIF

If this isn't "defensive pressure" then I don't know what more you want?

So he did once. It was Larkey that caused the spill and Stevo was lucky he didn’t give away the free for holding. I was at the game, watched him closely and he his pressure efforts were pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never as good or as bad as it seems. But not a good day. Chom, Stevo, Phillips and Sheezel good.

Backline as bad as the midfield. Morons will blame Turner etc but this is structural. We know Clarko is a better teacher than Noble. These guys have a lot to learn.
Hmm who is the moron that keeps backing Turner I wonder. What a spud, couldn't even keep up his average of 6 possessions and a tackle.

Absolute liability

Last year I didn't watch anyone other than our games then I watched the finals and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We were on a different planet last year. We're going to take some heavy hits on the way back so hang in there gang. Today was ****ing awful but it was only today

I’m pretty tired of efforts like that.

Just saps out the enjoyment. We got a
Long way to go, only can get better
I’m tired of watching a crap team full of lots of players 24yo and over who we know their ceiling. If we lost today with a team of kids who showed some glimpses of the future it would be ok. This team was not young.
Ground hog day

Not too worried by it. Turner is hanging on by a thread, Howe has nudes of Clarko, Greenwood was the sub. We have guys like Curtis, Perez, Wardlaw, Xerri, Bergman, Goater, who will likely be members of our best 22 going forward. If you look at the number of lads who are AFL standard and have played under 50 games, we're a ******* young team. The fact that we had the sixth oldest lineup on this particular day doesn't suggest anything
Looking at a third year in a row of a wooden spoon or near, and trotting out the 6th oldest team suggests a long dark tunnel still ahead.
Why does everything at north take forever?
We finished down the bottom with Collingwood and Adelaide in recent years, and look at them now.

Hey Yianni - since I now consider you the oracle 😜😜 - when do you anticipate us actually getting properly competitive? It’s been almost 24 years in the wilderness, with a smattering of finals here and there. When will we actually start seeing some real progress in your opinion? I actually can’t handle yet another s**t year of footy to be honest. It’s so frustrating.
Well...here goes.

Here are Clarkson's finishes after he took over at Hawthorn in 2005.

Clarkson-Hawthorn-Finishes.jpg

They finished 15th the year before, and he lifted them one spot the first year, three more the second, they made the finals in his third before winning their "early" flag in his fourth year.

I think it would be the height of optimism to regard our list as definitely potentially better than Hawthorn's actually ended up being. Here's their list at the end of 2004.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 23.28.59.png

Out of that 2008 flag team, only Mitchell (30 games), Mark Williams (12), Crawford (222), Bateman (29), Hodge (30), Croad (122), Campbell Brown (23), Ladson (6), Osborne (22), Sewell (0) and Campbell (17) were on the list at this time. So half of the flag team. Most of those guys were very green.

Hawthorn drafted Roughhead, Franklin and Lewis with three of the first seven picks in 2004, got Clinton Young in the Rookie Draft. 2005 they drafted Ellis and Burchall, and got Guerra (PSD) and Gilham (RD). They draft Rioli in 2007 along with Dew, and they traded for Renouf from Port.

If we assume that we might have half a flag team in there now, that means there's a long way to go. So I'd probably strap in for a tough season this year, especially as, like I said, the first season being a learning season is always going to be the hardest.

I reckon next year you'd really hope that we could test teams out on a regular basis and hopefully win maybe 4 or 5 more games than this year?

But like I said, don't expect miracles. There's pleasure to be found in little victories, but also there will be days like today.

I know it's hard as we've been doing this for years already. If there's any consolation, our list might be a bit further advanced than theirs was? We seem to have more 50 game players than they did. But that's assuming that those guys will be in any flag team. They only 50-100 gamers Hawthorn had on their list in 2005 were Lance Piacone, Danny Jacobs, Richard Vandenberg and Kris Barlow.

Okay that's enough for tonight!

Last edited:
Looking at a third year in a row of a wooden spoon or near, and trotting out the 6th oldest team suggests a long dark tunnel still ahead.
Why does everything at north take forever?
We finished down the bottom with Collingwood and Adelaide in recent years, and look at them now.
No, it suggests a medium-length dark tunnel, because the team we put out today was skewed towards all the most senior players and ignored all the younger players waiting in the wings. It was a result of match selection and was not a reasonable reflection of the team we can expect to put out for the rest of the year and in the coming years.

Collingwood never went near bottoming out the way we did, from memory their percentage was 85 in the year they finished second last and they were a tough opponent almost every game despite their ladder position. And Adelaide have gotten themselves a potent forward line with the additions of Rankine, Thilthorpe and Rachele. The rest of their team is still very average and I can see teams figuring them out.

People are forgetting we are coming back from the most wretched 11-game run experienced by any team in the ****ing history of this league and depths which no other team has reached. We were historically bad, shot ourselves in the foot with shit list management, have had coach turmoil ever since covid, and it's going to take a while to get back to consistent competitiveness.

We've been ****ing patient already but we need to emphasise that more patience is required. It will get better, and indeed, this season, it already has

No, it suggests a medium-length dark tunnel, because the team we put out today was skewed towards all the most senior players and ignored all the younger players waiting in the wings. It was a result of match selection and was not a reasonable reflection of the team we can expect to put out for the rest of the year and in the coming years.

Collingwood never went near bottoming out the way we did, from memory their percentage was 85 in the year they finished second last and they were a tough opponent almost every game despite their ladder position. And Adelaide have gotten themselves a potent forward line with the additions of Rankine, Thilthorpe and Rachele. The rest of their team is still very average and I can see teams figuring them out.

People are forgetting we are coming back from the most wretched 11-game run experienced by any team in the ******* history of this league and depths which no other team has reached. We were historically bad, shot ourselves in the foot with s**t list management, have had coach turmoil ever since covid, and it's going to take a while to get back to consistent competitiveness.

We've been ******* patient already but we need to emphasise that more patience is required. It will get better, and indeed, this season, it already has
2 wins, 3 losses, and only one smashing. I think most of us would have been happy with that result 5 rounds in if we were asked about it before the season started. Two wins in a row though, some expectations mounted.

I'm happy with where we're at. Can see the players learnt an identifiable gameplan in the preseason and when things are in our favour it works. That alone is a step up on last year. Now we just have to keep giving blokes chances at senior level, let Clarko and his mates separate the wheat from the chaff without grinding any kids into dust, and have him get the B plan drilled into them for what to do when our A game aint working. We're 5 Games into his first season. Patience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy. Just stop the game Gil. These fools are criminals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back