• Patrick Parnell

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What can ya say, not much too negative from that, good win.
Especially happy we belted one of the sides with the new experienced coaches. My mate has been going on about how Nicks was a mistake blah blah blah and when North Ess and Saints started the year well he was chortling away. I can't wait to catch up with him again now. Reckon I'll be even further in front by the end of the season.

I think I mentioned last week that I previously thought our middle of the year slumps were from depth and injuries, but now I reckon it might be because of how poor our gameplan is for slippery conditions. Today, if anything, seems like additional evidence in favour of the theory. If we have an El Nino, it'll be a help to our cause.
Yes Nicks and co seems to be doing a good job. With respect to El Nino, I suspect it has little influence with Adelaide, but will do so with any east coast games.

Only negative is that Sloane was a first half passenger again. Offsetting that was seeing Pedlar in the guts later in the game. Hopefully we see more of it.
What I liked about sloane was he didn’t do much when we were great early but as soon as we started to struggle he lifted and helped us get back on top

Another big tick on his season

Pedlar should be getting bursts in the middle in every game. I really hope we can get him to a point where he's fit enough to play as a full time mid. I think that's the plan long term but it's been a slow burn due to injuries. Imagine Pedlar's talent combined with the fitness to gut run eg. Keays. That would be a fun player to watch.
It was always the plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad losses to GWS and Richmond may haunt us at the end of the year.
Yep … we should have beaten GWS and pies but didn’t deserve it against Richmond as we had a stinker except for one quarter … those other 2 would have us talking re top 4 even though unlikely

He turned quickly. He was amazed by the 14yo's mark of the year, and was actively barracking for Pedlar to kick the goal after his ball-gahering effort.
Dermie has always had a soft spot for the crows.. so does, strangely, brad johnson.. even after 97 and 98!.

Dunstall always talks up our young players too..

i think dermie, dunstall and johnson all have a healthy respect for Roo and they all seem pretty chummy so I bet that helps too.

its the fxxksticks at Croc-a-shit media and purple, kornes, rucci and that flog whateley that hate us.. and will never let go of that hatred.

Dermie has always had a soft spot for the crows.. so does, strangely, brad johnson.. even after 97 and 98!.

Dunstall always talks up our young players too..

i think dermie, dunstall and johnson all have a healthy respect for Roo and they all seem pretty chummy so I bet that helps too.

its the fxxksticks at Croc-a-s**t media and purple, kornes, rucci and that flog whateley that hate us.. and will never let go of that hatred.
Agree on others

But the crows boys hate Dermie and I know that for a fact

After not tipping us in our last 4 games or 2017 including the granny ( he finally got one right ) he turned up to our 2017 GF after party and a few people told him to fk off

Years ago obviously, but Brereton tipped us to beat North in the 98 GF. Said North were playing arrogant, and had played 10 night games in a row before the GF and we had the best fitness in the comp. In 2017 he said we had a soft underbelly and was proved right. He has his downsides but the bloke knows footy.

Dunstall was part of our 2019 external review so he probably feels a little bit invested, maybe.

Yep … we should have beaten GWS and pies but didn’t deserve it against Richmond as we had a stinker except for one quarter … those other 2 would have us talking re top 4 even though unlikely
By The way we played against Collingwood I feel we probably should have got the win for sure, I feel other than their loss to Brisbane we are the only team that's outplayed them

Agree on others

But the crows boys hate Dermie and I know that for a fact

After not tipping us in our last 4 games or 2017 including the granny ( he finally got one right ) he turned up to our 2017 GF after party and a few people told him to fk off
Really?..

wow.. seems a pretty petty reason to hate someone.. just because they tipped against you in a few games of footy.

at least he turned up to the GF after party.. most wouldve gone to the tigers one.. ours would've been about as inviting as a visit to the local morgue.

Really?..

wow.. seems a pretty petty reason to hate someone.. just because they tipped against you in a few games of footy.

at least he turned up to the GF after party.. most wouldve gone to the tigers one.. ours would've been about as inviting as a visit to the local morgue.
More to it

Was definitely trolling the club for weeks , knew a few key players and people disliked him

turned up for no reason on the night and just hung out like a bad smell without talking to anyone , no one wanted to talk to him either … I saw it unfold and heard some murmurings

Prob annoyed re round 1 1991 still despite his premierships

Years ago obviously, but Brereton tipped us to beat North in the 98 GF. Said North were playing arrogant, and had played 10 night games in a row before the GF and we had the best fitness in the comp. In 2017 he said we had a soft underbelly and was proved right. He has his downsides but the bloke knows footy.

Dunstall was part of our 2019 external review so he probably feels a little bit invested, maybe.
Anyone could see we had a soft underbelly in 2017..

it showed in that north game in tassie that year amongst other games…

having pyke as coach, who didnt have a plan B when things turned against us, didnt help either. Pyke was like a deer in headlights when shit was going wrong.

if Walsh was still there we would've won the flag in 2017.

I remember the first game we played was against the Hawks, and "get some hawk on your fork" was on the banner. A great game and a great result for us. At the game I remember the crowd chants of "Dermie is a W****er" going around the game just moments before he smashed McDermont. Even my mother joined the chant after his dirty act. He was a hated player by opposition supporters and a loved played by the commentators at he time "Dermie comes from behind" being a common phrase. Anyway, regardless of this, I think he has some good insights to the game, and is certainly not the worst commentator.

More to it

Was definitely trolling the club for weeks , knew a few key players and people disliked him

turned up for no reason on the night and just hung out like a bad smell without talking to anyone , no one wanted to talk to him either … I saw it unfold and heard some murmurings

Prob annoyed re round 1 1991 still despite his premierships
This is right up there with your inside knowledge of Fogarty's contract negotiations.

Can tell Dermie really loves Pedlar lol, was very excited seeing him lining up for a CBA.

Pedlar plays manic, much like Dangerfield. Pedlar will be our best mid imo.. better than Dawson/Rachelle. I give it two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs St Kilda, R9 2023

Back