• Patrick Parnell

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great team effort. I think Ben Keays read my post.

We were in the exact same position as Essendon and got the same result. If we outplayed them then surely Essendon
To be honest Essendon were the better team for 3 quarters and then fell off completely in the last. We led the whole game and just couldn't hold on, and while Collingwood are probably not only the top team in the competition this year they are also pretty bloody good at comebacks. I think we gave a far better showing of ourselves especially when it comes to playing out the full 4 quarters.

Ugly - me writing Milera off, played a ripper today.
Gut running from a switched on team.
Seeing the fanatic pressure in the fwd line live is magic.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't worry you had plenty of mates though maybe not a write off just wanted him to earn his spot again through the SANFL.

Seems sometimes the coach knows more than we think we do.;)

Good:
Pedlar - getting some centre bounce attendances
Milera - best game for a long time
Smith - continuing to build on his season after a slow start.
Quick ball movement coupled with kicking to the advantage of our forwards
Goal kicking - yay.

Bad:
Can't rally think of any, everyone did their job and even the umpiring was OK.
Actually maybe put Keays and Rachelles decision making in here. They need to look for options before blazing away and Rachelle seems to think he gets paid per metre, always goes for the longest option - needs to hit up shorter targets when on offer.

All in all a real solid game, be wonderful to back it up next week against the Bullflogs.

Reckon hollands has been “chayce jones’d”..

played out of position because he’s at a club that has prioritised other players.. and then dropped when it hasnt worked out.

now his confidence is completely shot.

the knee recon recovery probably hasnt helped with that either.

But he looked awesome at times at the end of last year playing for the suns as a mid/forward..

needs a fresh start.. got shitloads of talent..

we could maybe get him on the cheap trade wise!

This is the year to go after him, might cost us a second even in contract whilst he is underperforming. It is the perfect chance to get someone with elite talent at a cheaper price, if it doesn't work out, so what, a lot of second rounders don't but if he does we start batting deep with some serious talent in the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good

Parnell, never saw what others saw in him until today, jeez he was very good
Pedlar, those three CBAs is basically pr0n, he makes O'Brien looks like he can tap. On the move, pushes off his opponent
Our HBFs, good drive
Our ability to win it in the clinches
Smurf, has really stepped up this year, much better when he is away from goals, very good at clearances. Is he like 135cms tall, always seems to be tackled high?
Tex
Soligo, a very good midfielder, not sure how he dropped so low in the draft
Jones, keeps bringing it

Bad

Doedee, not having a great year and to be honest, we'd lose nothing bringing in Worrell for a couple of games and then giving MM a couple of games off and bring Doedee back. If he leaves at years end, it won't hurt us as much as I thought
Lyons coaching
Brad Crouch, haven't looked at the stats but I bet he got 30 because there was no damage done

Ugly

People bagging Butts game

Thoughts on this?

Thilthorpe around 25 metres in the clear, Rachelle ignores him and goes back to kick......... a point. This is not uncommon for him.

When it comes to the crunch, is a bit of goal hog. Not great.

View attachment 1687982
He's a bit arrogant but he's got the talent to back it up. I'm more concerned with his case of the yips. He's been missing too many set shots lately.

Thoughts on this?

Thilthorpe around 25 metres in the clear, Rachelle ignores him and goes back to kick......... a point. This is not uncommon for him.

When it comes to the crunch, is a bit of goal hog. Not great.

View attachment 1687982

Maybe but it was like the last play of the quarter. I'd be sure the coaches instructions on this would be to soak up time and take the shot, we were already up by 5 goals, no need to give the Saints a chance to kick a goal that late on.

I get where you are coming from because Rachelle does take it upon himself a little more than he should but he is an elite talent who trusts in his own ability. It will be the next step in his development to be more team oriented but this play wasn't it.

This is the year to go after him, might cost us a second even in contract whilst he is underperforming. It is the perfect chance to get someone with elite talent at a cheaper price, if it doesn't work out, so what, a lot of second rounders don't but if he does we start batting deep with some serious talent in the midfield
You're dreaming if you think the Suns let a contracted pick 7 go basically in his 2nd year of top level football for a 2nd rounder, especially given he wouldn't be on big money yet. If they want to clear cap space he'd be low on that scale.

Brouch and Laird are basically the same player.

Pedlar looked great in the midfield in glad he was given minutes.

I still maintain Rankine has untapped potential in the midfield too. He looks so dangerous when he's in there and has such agility and reflexes.

You're dreaming if you think the Suns let a contracted pick 7 go basically in his 2nd year of top level football for a 2nd rounder, especially given he wouldn't be on big money yet. If they want to clear cap space he'd be low on that scale.

I'm not and he signed a fairly decent contract for this season and next for a player in the seconds.

Good: Football wins against anti-football.
Bad: Anti-football is still a thing.
Ugly: Some people like anti-football because it gets results sometimes.
Also:
Good: I'm happy with my previous calls on Lachy Murphy vs Macadam.
Bad: I like Macadam too, but he's a luxury player we can't afford.
Ugly: People will still try to convince me that Macadam is better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs St Kilda, R9 2023

Back