VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if this will be a dress rehearsal for Naismith who will be in the ruck for Port Melbourne, considering there's talk we're looking at him for the pre-season draft.

Maybe we'll invite him into the rooms after the game so he can get a feel for his new surrounds

Wonder if this will be a dress rehearsal for Naismith who will be in the ruck for Port Melbourne, considering there's talk we're looking at him for the pre-season draft.

The trouble is it will be hard to judge him as christie and marriott are kids so he will be dominant but how do you rank that against better rucks?

Does any one know the story on Kroeger. ... some sort of knee injury ? What has he played...one or two games of VFL? Has to be in trouble for his spot at years end.
Hip issues.

Does any one know the story on Kroeger. ... some sort of knee injury ? What has he played...one or two games of VFL? Has to be in trouble for his spot at years end.

Hip issues.

I think our no of likely retirements and our lack of draft picks will save him but hes certainly in some doubt

Thk Pure.

I liked the look of him .... but we have to acknowledge that not everyone is built for afl. ..and the later the picks..these patient a club will be

That one half of vfl we saw him play i thought he was decent but we havent seen anything else.
I think with our lack of picks he gets a 1 year deal but if he doesnt play a lot of games next year hes gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hip issues.

Got to be damn serious.

I know a guy whose had a degenerative hip issue since youth, causing him to limp. Think tissue paper on x-ray.

He waited to later in life to have surgery due to lifespan of new hip joint etc.

He was in surgery all day having new hip done, AND having his leg extended.

That was in Feb.

He's just now come off the crutches and is able to walk unassisted.

Kroeger must have serious complications when I consider that.

Got to be damn serious.

I know a guy whose had a degenerative hip issue since youth, causing him to limp. Think tissue paper on x-ray.

He waited to later in life to have surgery due to lifespan of new hip joint etc.

He was in surgery all day having new hip done, AND having his leg extended.

That was in Feb.

He's just now come off the crutches and is able to walk unassisted.

Kroeger must have serious complications when I consider that.
Yeah I know a guy who was an elite hockey player and it destroyed his career.

Certainly hope so. I suspect Mitch might get a rest, though.
Pretty sure Mitch will be sub (small forward sub hasn’t worked as it makes it too hard for them to give an impact). Simpson saying rest means maybe he doesnt play

Unfortunatley that means Dempsey will be the oldest (20!) and most experienced (5 AFL games, 3 of them was either sub or subbed) in our VFL team.

Looking forward though to watch the younger guys (Riccardi I understand is having a handful of weeks off to focus on building strength)

Hip issues that restrict him from even basic training

I wouldn't be totally surprised if the club delisted him and picked him back up as a rookie for a year, even as a means of supporting him through things - if his hip is as bad as I've read, I doubt he plays again

He apparently has only just started on the alt-g treadmill

Long way from a vfl game

Rather than just started, I think it's more that they were working through his rehab & return but progress stalled because of his hip, so now they've gone back to step 1 and building up again

Hip issues that restrict him from even basic training

I wouldn't be totally surprised if the club delisted him and picked him back up as a rookie for a year, even as a means of supporting him through things - if his hip is as has as I've read, I doubt he plays again
That is a real possibility. Will end up being purely dependent on attitude I suspect as that is all they will have to go on. And whether the kid still has that fight in him after 2 lost years. If so then maybe he gets re rookied. If not I suspect he will be one of many draftees that don’t get a real crack

Simpson not named so hes either the sub for afl or rested altogether.
This one is a pure rest.

interesting that they didn’t say managed. In the past some managed players have been sub (argument is ready to play but manage time). Using rest terminology might be that distinction). Expect Knevitt to be sub and Simpson not to play

vfl team continue to be very inexperienced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back