Autopsy The Massacre at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't wanna bring the mood down or anything but

View attachment 1721355
One ground and a couple of KPPs do not make a 93 point difference.
For the rest of the season, nothing will be easy.

Of course it won't be easy but there is no reason we can't win next week, when you consider the players they will be missing this time as well.

Interested in what people thought of the umpiring in this game. I can only recall two clangers in my sight, both pretty obvious frees not paid to us. They got a couple of softies and a very dodgy mark but not pulled from the rear end. I'm up the Paddington end so I don't get a good look at Randwick.
Seems arm chopping is off the agenda now.
Not a single HTB paid that I can recall but TBH I thought that was OK. Consistency is good.
Not too much whistle. Frees 20-12 our way seems about right considering we played in front all night. I would award A- or B+.
One of the very few times I would say that we actually got some home ground advantage from the umps.

Most of what should have been paid were to us.

Umpires should be secondary to the game and they were tonight, that’s when they do their best work.

Something has changed with logan. He looks like a switch has flicked ans has matured over night..

He carries himself like key forward now, like he's the number 1 man. Yea he still has a few things to work on but he has been very impressive this year

2 goals a game for a 21 year old key forward is massive
100% he will only get better and better. KPP take longer than smaller players, need to build strength and work out the game aerially. He seems to be doing both.

It's terrible if yuy have young kids and don't live in Sydney. I got to only see a quarter and a bit
No matter what time you pick, there will be people who don't think it is convenient.

I'm more interested in what produces the best football/spectacle. And for some reason we seem to play well in twilight Saturday games and the SCG looks great as the sun sets.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter what time you pick, there will be people who don't think it is convenient.

I'm more interested what produces the best football/spectacle. And for some reason we seem to play well in twilight Saturday games.
I agree spectacle is important, but also making sure you move around so everyone can watch at some point is also important

Something has changed with logan. He looks like a switch has flicked ans has matured over night..

He carries himself like key forward now, like he's the number 1 man. Yea he still has a few things to work on but he has been very impressive this year

2 goals a game for a 21 year old key forward is massive
It was odd hearing Gerard Healy say multiple times he'd like to see Logan play across the back half.

100% he will only get better and better. KPP take longer than smaller players, need to build strength and work out the game aerially. He seems to be doing both.
Not so much about Logan specifically but I loved how we mixed up the composition of our attack. The Eagles defenders were never quite sure who they were defending. At the start of Q1 and Q3 we had McLean in the square, Amartey and Logan high in the Pockets, Warner and Mills at HFF and Heeney at CHF. Just looked so dangerous. Not one defender was as big as their attacker. Papley at CSA, which I'm not a huge fan of but.....
First goal - Warner at 25 seconds after McLean brings the ball to ground off a Papley entry.
Nice.

I don't wanna bring the mood down or anything but

View attachment 1721355
One ground and a couple of KPPs do not make a 93 point difference.
For the rest of the season, nothing will be easy.
Wow - if you can't enjoy your team hitting 200 points for even a day then I don't know what can bring people joy in the world.

One of the very few times I would say that we actually got some home ground advantage from the umps.

Most of what should have been paid were to us.

Umpires should be secondary to the game and they were tonight, that’s when they do their best work.

West coast got paid that mark to Oscar Allen that wasn't a mark, that stood out.

But given they didn't exactly crash in the umpires had a day off

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Massacre at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back