List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there’s any truth to that, it means that someone is dumping salary and we’re trying to get the benefits associated.

My dream scenario would involve getting Whitfield + a pick in said salary dump, alongside losing Gresham via Free Agency. That could be two seconds, or a first and a second.

Hypothetically, we could then trade 2 firsts (+ maybe a second) for Bing and Flanders to put with Whitfield, and still having draft currency left over to draft/trade in more young mids.

This is just speculation from a zero knowledge basis.

More excited to see us get busy this off-season than the potential for us to play finals despite being in 6th.

Perhaps that’s blind hope? Make of it what you will, but it’s hard not to be when using the draft alone we’ve brought in the following players the last two seasons:

2021 mid season: Max Heath, Cooper Sharman.

2021 national: Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Mitch Owens, Marcus Windhager, Jack Peris.

2022 national: Mattaes Phillipou, James Van Es, Oli Hotton, Issac Keeler, Angus Mclennan.

2022 pre-season: Anthony Caminiti

I’m an optimist, but given the resources we had, that’s as good a drafting as any club has had over the last two years.

At a minimum we’ve got a full draft hand this year, plus hopefully some additional depending on list turnover (and it sounds like there will be a bit). Very exciting if we get it right, very bad if we get it wrong, but either way it’s far better than the complacency that’s put us in this middling position for a decade.

My dream scenario would involve getting Whitfield + a pick in said salary dump, alongside losing Gresham via Free Agency. That could be two seconds, or a first and a second.

Hypothetically, we could then trade 2 firsts (+ maybe a second) for Bing and Flanders to put with Whitfield, and still having draft currency left over to draft/trade in more young mids.

This is just speculation from a zero knowledge basis.
If, and it’s a truly big if, we are freeing up $3mill in the SC then we are freeing 20-25% of the Cap.
That’s a remarkable amount to have at your disposal and indicates high ambition.

More excited to see us get busy this off-season than the potential for us to play finals despite being in 6th.

Perhaps that’s blind hope? Make of it what you will, but it’s hard not to be when using the draft alone we’ve brought in the following players the last two seasons:

2021 national: Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, Mitch Owens, Marcus Windhager, Jack Peris.

2022 national: Mattaes Phillipou, James Van Es, Oli Hotton, Issac Keeler, Angus Mclennan.

I’m an optimist, but given the resources we had, that’s as good a drafting as any club has had over the last two years.

At a minimum we’ve got a full draft hand this year, plus hopefully some additional depending on list turnover (and it sounds like there will be a bit). Very exciting if we get it right, very bad if we get it wrong, but either way it’s far better than the complacency that’s put us in this middling position for a decade.
Yeah we haven't wasted a pick since Moose.

How did paddy dow go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gresh
Ross
Clarke
Billings
Bytel
Paton
Highmore
Dmac (injuries)
Connolly

All need to go at a minimum in the next 2 off-seasons. These players aren't taking us forward and are clogging up the list at the moment.

If Howard can get the brainfades out of his game then he can stay on but at least he has some fire in the belly and gives a shit. A lot of the boys in that list are just happy telling girls at the club they're an AFL footballer.

Gresh
Ross
Clarke
Billings
Bytel
Paton
Highmore
Dmac (injuries)
Connolly

All need to go at a minimum in the next 2 off-seasons. These players aren't taking us forward and are clogging up the list at the moment.

If Howard can get the brainfades out of his game then he can stay on but at least he has some fire in the belly and gives a s**t. A lot of the boys in that list are just happy telling girls at the club they're an AFL footballer.
Problem is that those players don't have a whole heap of value. We'll have to be very savvy in the trade period and nail our picks. Dougs gets a pass at the moment, he sits too far off his man and that gets him in a world of hurt. Needs to get his confidence back.

How I can see it playing out in the off season.
I think Ross will put a line through some blokes after the last couple of weeks.

Billings only 12 touches and little impact tonight. might even be in the delisted pile as his value is so low currently.

Gresham has clearly checked out, Clark is just so slow and can’t get going. Can’t even get 15 touches in a game against a bottom side.

Time to accept Bytel is no good and his time at the club is done. There is no other position for him besides in the middle and he isn’t really that good at that either.

Paton really struggling in the 2’s and hard to see much of a future there. Connolly and Highmore couldn’t get in the side with all of our injuries so they seem to be done. McKenzie and Jones who knows? Fragile bodies.

Attachments

• IMG_6360.png
    IMG_6360.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 74
How I can see it playing out in the off season.
I think Ross will put a line through some blokes after the last couple of weeks.

Billings only 12 touches and little impact tonight. might even be in the delisted pile as his value is so low currently.

Gresham has clearly checked out, Clark is just so slow and can’t get going. Can’t even get 15 touches in a game against a bottom side.

Time to accept Bytel is no good and his time at the club is done. There is no other position for him besides in the middle and he isn’t really that good at that either.

Paton really struggling in the 2’s and hard to see much of a future there. Connolly and Highmore couldn’t get in the side with all of our injuries so they seem to be done. McKenzie and Jones who knows? Fragile bodies.

Adams? A home grown key defender-ruckman in his second year?

Flanders value has sky rocketed unfortunately. But I’d say King would actually be gettable right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back