No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have been a little hard on Simpson and the Eagles all year.

They were decimated by injury all year.

This is a random sample of the injury list that was the lead up to round 7.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 4.03.43 pm.png

Sad news about Marcus Adams retiring. Wish it were for anything but concussions, especially with what happened to his brother.

AFL has announced KISS at the grand final. 😯

Unbelievable. Haven’t they learned from the Luis Rubiales incident?

Is Luis Rubiales Meat Loaf's real name? 😆

I'll admit I was a Kiss fan back in the day. Can't stand them now - well the 2 figureheads. Self-indulgent w4nkers would be a nice way to describe them.
(The other 2 original members had actual musical ability, these 2 are just in it for the fame and $$$. Having said that, Criss/Criscuola fried his brain and lost the plot, Frehley fried his brain too but at least these days can present coherent and worthwhile videos on his actual music. Eisen and Witz struggled to produce only a couple of decent songs between them.)

Is Luis Rubiales Meat Loaf's real name? 😆

I'll admit I was a Kiss fan back in the day. Can't stand them now - well the 2 figureheads. Self-indulgent w4nkers would be a nice way to describe them.
(The other 2 original members had actual musical ability, these 2 are just in it for the fame and $$$. Having said that, Criss/Criscuola fried his brain and lost the plot, Frehley fried his brain too but at least these days can present coherent and worthwhile videos on his actual music. Eisen and Witz struggled to produce only a couple of decent songs between them.)

You were a Kiss fan ?
What were you thinking man.
Tip from me, never go on a public forum again and admit to that. Ok ?

Shame on these four clubs:

Carlton and Essendon are the usual suspects where historically ethics and morality have come a distant second to winning by whatever means is available.
Richmond and St Kilda are also in the baddies corner.

So much hypocrisy around the "Love the Game" initiative:

Richmond, St Kilda, Essendon and Carlton are members of the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation’s Love the Game initiative, which aims to raise awareness of gambling harm among youth.

And the AFL too. If it meant business on this intiative the AFL would discount its annual contributions to those clubs in proportion to the amount they made out of pokies. And of course it would cut all ties with sports betting companies.

And when I’ve heard him blame the ‘Essendon supplement’s scandal’ on his free fall, I just want to puke, because everyone in Geelong knew what path he was on long before he got back to Essendon.

John Noble a very unlucky omission. Didn’t really expect that. Markov has been quite impressive this year but I really thought he’d be the one to make way. He’d played 83 consecutive games too, last missed in 2020

Otherwise the Collingwood team is pretty much as I expected. Ginnivan replaced in the 22 by McCreery was expected I think, probably brings more to the table and Ginnivan makes sense as a live wire sub option.

John Noble a very unlucky omission. Didn’t really expect that. Markov has been quite impressive this year but I really thought he’d be the one to make way. He’d played 83 consecutive games too, last missed in 2020

Otherwise the Collingwood team is pretty much as I expected. Ginnivan replaced in the 22 by McCreery was expected I think, probably brings more to the table and Ginnivan makes sense as a live wire sub option.
I'd imagine Noble will be the sub. Ginnivan was always going to be the unlucky one to make way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Williams to KISS. How embarrassing. Has Meatloaf 2.0 written all over it.

I was at a 50th party last weekend, was during the afternoon at a venue then about 30-40 people back at a house for the evening. Mixture of people in their 40s/50s and also a decent chunk of teenagers/early 20s (kids/nieces and nephews etc.). Music was on, a lot of fairly recent pop/dance stuff and the fioor was pretty full. A couple of guys in their 40s/50s then proceeded to complain that the music was a "bit feminine" (actual quote) and for some reason were allowed to take control and play a bunch of pretty dated 80s stuff. Dancing almost ground to a halt for an hour or so.

This is what the KISS booking reminds me of. Catering to older guys (of which I am one) rather than the best atmosphere for the event and the music that would be more relevant to the majority of attendees. A decent chunk of the people at the game, and watching on tv, won't know really any of the songs being played. Has real lead balloon potential.

No Kiss songs have aged well, apart from possibly "I was made for lovin' you" with its nod to disco. The rest are teen anthems or lecherous garbage (and I used to be a fan - sorry KH I admitted it again! 😆)
99.9% of their back catalogue doesn't suit the GF, and a large part of that is execrable in terms of music too.
(Yes, I've turned - on the plus side I made a small fortune selling the memorabilia I accumulated in my teen years! 😉)

I was at a 50th party last weekend, was during the afternoon at a venue then about 30-40 people back at a house for the evening. Mixture of people in their 40s/50s and also a decent chunk of teenagers/early 20s (kids/nieces and nephews etc.). Music was on, a lot of fairly recent pop/dance stuff and the fioor was pretty full. A couple of guys in their 40s/50s then proceeded to complain that the music was a "bit feminine" (actual quote) and for some reason were allowed to take control and play a bunch of pretty dated 80s stuff. Dancing almost ground to a halt for an hour or so.

This is what the KISS booking reminds me of. Catering to older guys (of which I am one) rather than the best atmosphere for the event and the music that would be more relevant to the majority of attendees. A decent chunk of the people at the game, and watching on tv, won't know really any of the songs being played. Has real lead balloon potential.
I’m convinced there’s never been a person under the age of 50 involved in the decision making for GF entertainment. Every year they’re picking someone who hasn’t been relevant for decades, then might throw a few dollars at some Triple J artist like G Flip last year.

2021 was one of the very few exceptions when they got Birds of Tokyo, but even then that’s a fairly budget option, and they were practically forced into picking the one well known Perth band thanks to Covid.

Also that analogy was just perfect 👌

I’m convinced there’s never been a person under the age of 50 involved in the decision making for GF entertainment. Every year they’re picking someone who hasn’t been relevant for decades, then might throw a few dollars at some Triple J artist like G Flip last year.

2021 was one of the very few exceptions when they got Birds of Tokyo, but even then that’s a fairly budget option, and they were practically forced into picking the one well known Perth band thanks to Covid.

2016 was alright

The AFL needs to get its head out of its arse and understand that the Grand Final is not the Super Bowl.

It doesn't matter if it's a musician who is current or the usual, a has been looking for an easy pay cheque. They are always going to be up against the vastness of the MCG. Put them on the ground and they look tiny, put them on a platform in the stands and they are tiny. That it happens during the middle of the day only emphasises this issue. It's why the AFL is so keen to turn the game into an evening specular. Cos' fireworks and has beens makes for great entertainment.

It's little wonder that they cannot draw anybody of consequence or under 50.

That they've had to resort to booking a band that takes the PISS by milking its fan base in a perpetual farewell tour is a cringe inducing embarrassment for the game.

On the bright side. I'd imagine that Melbourne water will register a worlds record of toilet flushes when they take to the stage.

Bring in the Surf Dogs from the old Anglers Tavern days, everyone would approve.

They either pick old outdated bands, recycle someone they have had before, or an overrated Aussie artist.

You'd think the AFL are trying to organize a pub show for Dads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back