Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Weightman playing as he's instructed to play or is he freelancing when he's inserting himself into marking contests and spoiling the talls?

If it's the former, why is he being deployed this way and if it's the latter, why does he continue to get picked in the seniors?

Just got home from the G after watching first hand our annual capitulation to the Demons in Round 1.

What an absolute sxxt show that was. It started at selection during the week and only got worse from there. I still cannot for the life of me understand why VDM gets a game. He panicks with the ball, he doesn’t defend, he isn’t particularly quick anymore, he fumbles, and he make very poor decisions. While McNeil was also terrible today at least I understand why he was picked. He actually looked good in our pre season games but today put in a stinker.

We looked very under prepared and unfit compared to Melbourne which is extremely disappointing considering the mantra that was coming out of the club. Too small down back definitely although Buku, Jonesy and Ed tried hard but the constant turnovers were just killing them.

And English got thoroughly beaten in the ruck which didn’t help. Then when he went forward he botched two sitters.
Lobb was not good either.

Lots of changes hopefully for next week.

But the most concerning thing really is that our game style is exactly the same. Nothing has changed. If Bevo thought he could go into this season doing the same shit that he did the last two seasons and expect a different result then he really is an idiot. We could all see that the structure and the ball movement was terrible last year and the year before. And yet it was more of the same today, chipping it wide, no one presenting at the ball, long kicks in hope……. Easy to defend against that.

Things have to change, we can’t keep doing the same old crap. The supporters deserve better, the players we drafted deserve better, the coaching has to be better. It’s lamentable

2015 and 16 were fun. 2021 was good in parts. I'm not seeing anything to suggest 2024 will be any different to the rest of Bevo's years which are nothing but a chore to watch.
So true

Half way through the 3rd I knew the writing was on the wall so I turned the telly off knowing full well what the result would be.

Same old boring shit to watch.. not enjoyable at all.

Is Weightman playing as he's instructed to play or is he freelancing when he's inserting himself into marking contests and spoiling the talls?

If it's the former, why is he being deployed this way and if it's the latter, why does he continue to get picked in the seniors?
Yeah that was clear as day today, he flys against Naughton and Jamarra all the fxxking time and then when the ball comes to ground it is easily swept away because he is lying on the ground after getting nowhere near it.

Either he is coached to do this or he is ignoring the instructions

Yeah that was clear as day today, he flys against Naughton and Jamarra all the fxxking time and then when the ball comes to ground it is easily swept away because he is lying on the ground after getting nowhere near it.

Either he is coached to do this or he is ignoring the instructions
You're assuming he's getting instructions

Spangher "These guys basically coach themselves"

Long season beckons very hard to see where any improvement comes from. No ability to out any scoreboard pressure on. Selection issues Buku had a crack but Brown was too big for him and got his confidence going. The number of times we just dropped it on the boot and kicked to no one in particular is just diabolical

basically said that most of the guys bar from Bramble who were great in the preseason didnt perform
that our d50 zone defence failed, they cut through us and that it will take a lot of work to fix it
Macrae still underdone, thats why he wasnt picked, and Daniel was forced to sub as others were better in the preseason but poorer today
That about sums it up with the addition Buku struggled with the long minutes in the fourth quarter and to be honest a still somewhat confusing passage on the Sanders substitution.

Midfield just couldn’t get going / too slow. We really should have changed it up and got West/Weightman in there to mix it up and got Naughton up the ground. Same s**t really.
It was too late when they did but I like that they at least gave Gallagher a few centre bounce attendances. Didn’t look too out of place for a debutant

My wife wants to know why when the ball's at "our end" there's lots of "their players" in there, but when it's at "their end" they always have a couple of "their players" all alone.

Anyone care to help out with an answer? 🙄

Let me introduce the answer to your question. The Zosimus aeneus beveridgous.

Untitled-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

basically said that most of the guys bar from Bramble who were great in the preseason didnt perform
that our d50 zone defence failed, they cut through us and that it will take a lot of work to fix it
Macrae still underdone, thats why he wasnt picked, and Daniel was forced to sub as others were better in the preseason but poorer today

"A lot of work to fix it..."?! WTF has he been doing all preseason?! Is he a goldfish, who's forgotten the same issue in seasons past?

Body language said it all. They were completely down and disinterested, no confidence. We have very little leadership on or off the field.

How Caleb Daniel is not the first person picked in this team. Him and JJ are the only two who can actually think and execute.

"A lot of work to fix it..."?! WTF has he been doing all preseason?! Is he a goldfish, who's forgotten the same issue in seasons past?

So they clearly had it working well if it’s fallen apart so badly in one game that it’ll take “a lot of work to fix it”. This is satire now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope the heat comes on Libba and Treloar

Full game in the middle and they had one tackle each
Treloar racked up 31 disposals today and was probably among our better players. However, he tends to want to play along the centre corridor and doesn't work hard enough on the wings and flanks. Never been a contested beast but he needs to get more involved in pressure efforts than what I saw today.

Just got home from the G after watching first hand our annual capitulation to the Demons in Round 1.

What an absolute sxxt show that was. It started at selection during the week and only got worse from there. I still cannot for the life of me understand why VDM gets a game. He panicks with the ball, he doesn’t defend, he isn’t particularly quick anymore, he fumbles, and he make very poor decisions. While McNeil was also terrible today at least I understand why he was picked. He actually looked good in our pre season games but today put in a stinker.

We looked very under prepared and unfit compared to Melbourne which is extremely disappointing considering the mantra that was coming out of the club. Too small down back definitely although Buku, Jonesy and Ed tried hard but the constant turnovers were just killing them.

And English got thoroughly beaten in the ruck which didn’t help. Then when he went forward he botched two sitters.
Lobb was not good either.

Lots of changes hopefully for next week.

But the most concerning thing really is that our game style is exactly the same. Nothing has changed. If Bevo thought he could go into this season doing the same s**t that he did the last two seasons and expect a different result then he really is an idiot. We could all see that the structure and the ball movement was terrible last year and the year before. And yet it was more of the same today, chipping it wide, no one presenting at the ball, long kicks in hope……. Easy to defend against that.

Things have to change, we can’t keep doing the same old crap. The supporters deserve better, the players we drafted deserve better, the coaching has to be better. It’s lamentable
My concern is we don’t have the players to change the style play. Maybe a core of them are incapable.

Bramble and Gallagher were good

Coffield ok

If we select a team for quick ball movement we kind of have to do quick ball movement not crab it up the field.

Probably in that 12th-7th range again this year
If keep playing like today the range would have to more like 12 - 16th.
There is no movement that will trouble side's . Naughton a JUH take some good grabs but we just don't finish off our work often enough to worry side's. Even if we dominate play we don't score enough to put a sense of pressure on them.
They know they will only need a goal or two to be right back in the contest. It's mildly depressing 😞

Treloar racked up 31 disposals today and was probably among our better players. However, he tends to want to play along the centre corridor and doesn't work hard enough on the wings and flanks. Never been a contested beast but he needs to get more involved in pressure efforts than what I saw today.
I think this case of the state flattering. He was ok.

Im guessing that all of the senior players had a collective and urgent need to go to the toilet when they saw the media enter the room.

They're probably still there.
Given our goal kicking accuracy, I pity the cleaning staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back