Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then, it comes across as a typical coach reverting to "coach-speak" as though all the other 17 coaches talk the same amount of nonsensical garbage as what ol' mate does.

If the journalist had any idea, they could have done some research and listed another 100 times Ken has embarrassed himself, to demonstrate that he really is in a league of his own in this regard.

“We’re not signing off on anything at this stage,” King continued.

“They’ve got some problems. We continually talk about what the best (teams) in the competition do, and they’re just a fraction off it — and it’s been that way for a little while.

“Have their off-season acquisitions really propelled them forward? Have they made the change they thought they’d make? I think that’s open for debate and discussion.

“Does their game plan really suit those guys they’ve got down back? The ball comes at such speed at those three deep defenders that the press doesn’t really suit the way they want to defend.

“So, I think that’s a little bit clunky — that needs addressing for me.

“And their midfielders regularly get caught one step that way when they should be one step (on the) defensive side.”

The Power’s defence has been exposed.

On Wednesday’s AFL 360 Watch List, Fox Footy analyst Leigh Montagna exposed Port Adelaide’s recent one-on-one struggles.

“The last six weeks, they’ve been in the most-one-on-one contests — so they’re getting caught out more one-on-one — and they are losing the third-most in the competition; they’ve dropped to 16th,” the 287-gamer said.

“What I’ve noticed (is) that these three are isolated a lot. Teams are separating them and pulling them apart, and they’re not able to support each other, maybe like they were more early in the year (to) get across and help out.”

Between Rounds 6-11, the Power dropped to 10th in the AFL for points against and 15th for conceding points from turnovers.

Post-game on Thursday evening, Montagna explained the familiar story at Alberton in recent years.

“For me, I think it’s still the same as what we’ve seen for the last three or four years,” he said.

“They’re a good team, they’ll win a lot of home and away games, but when they come up against teams that are as talented as them — or better than them — can they find a way to win?

“We’ve just seen at the end of (last) year they (weren’t) able to do it, and, at the moment, there’s nothing that’s changed my mind that it’s not going to be any different this year.”

He’s going to be the next Dwayne Russell when he eventually is gone.

He’ll be loud and proud Geelong and he’ll shitcan us at every opportunity he gets, but the media will treat him like he’s a Port Adelaide expert.
I dunno, Dwayne does actually speak glowingly of the old days. He seems to actually like being at Alberton, even if he's a certified tosser commentating our games or writing about us in the present.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

They didn’t specify the reason. Got a tap on the shoulder a few minutes later to leave. I wasn’t unruly at all so putting 2 and 2 together it would’ve been my comment that was the doing.
Who was it that kicked you out? Was anyone with you? They can’t kick you out without a reason?

Even then, it comes across as a typical coach reverting to "coach-speak" as though all the other 17 coaches talk the same amount of nonsensical garbage as what ol' mate does.

If the journalist had any idea, they could have done some research and listed another 100 times Ken has embarrassed himself, to demonstrate that he really is in a league of his own in this regard.
Oh but he's coaching at the top of his game......

I don't think this has been posted (apologies if it has): https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/abbe...de-coach-ken-hinkleys-afl-comments-c-14854591

How humiliating on so many fronts:

• For Hinkley: Abbey Holmes gets the giggles about Hinkley's crapspeak.
  • For hinkley and the club: The other two have a good old laugh at our expense
  • For the footy media: Is this the first time anyone has called Ken out on this for the last 12 years? Someone with the skills should do a Ken Hinkley crapspeak supercut.

What an embarrassment.

I don't think this has been posted (apologies if it has): https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/abbe...de-coach-ken-hinkleys-afl-comments-c-14854591

• For the footy media: Is this the first time anyone has called Ken out on this for the last 12 years? Someone with the skills should do a Ken Hinkley crapspeak supercut.
That right there summarises the current state of affairs - internally, the club is adamant that Hinkley is the best man for the job, while the broader AFL community is laughing at us.

Exactly.

That was Ken Hinkley’s fastball.

heck me. You know things are bad when the league’s FTA broadcast partner are happy to pull the publicly pull the piss out of your coach.

The Guy’s a league-wide joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Games against Crows are a great example of this club's fragile mental state.

They are bad but our last win against them was years ago in a dead rubber meaningless game between both clubs.

We're scared of big games
We're scared at playing at home

There's a meme in sports about big game performers not playing well against bad teams (and taking it easy) because the 'lights aren't bright enough', this club is the polar opposite.

They are bad but our last win against them was years ago in a dead rubber meaningless game between both clubs.

There's a meme in sports about big game performers not playing well against bad teams (and taking it easy) because the 'lights aren't bright enough', this club is the polar opposite.

Again, for emphasis, the last time we beat them without Robbie Gray in the lineup, was the first Showdown of 2013 when he was in the tailend of his ACL rehab.

And if we win the first Showdown after Ken finally leaves, it'll only serve to reinforce the man's incompetence.

Surely the wheels have fallen off the Hinkley train...

Oh wait, we are still in the top 4, a false economy the pretenders in the club's higher management see as ultimate success and justification for their incompetent decisions.

Good clubs make difficult decisions David.

Make the right decision for once, and then admit that you are in over your head, along with your beloved coach. And then resign for the good of the club you love.

This coming Friday seems appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back