No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but GWS is a different kettle of fish. Yes every club inflates membership numbers with the pet memberships and 3 game specials etc…. But the Giants would not have more than 5k actual members, even tonight it would mainly be Swans fans and give away tickets.
They might have more than that, but they aren’t GWS fans. They are fans of other clubs who are a chance at making finals covering all bases should their team make a GF - each competing club gets what - 15k tickets to a GF? If they only have 5k actual members who are guaranteed a ticket, it’s a pretty easy way to get a second chance crack at a ticket. I can’t afford to do that, but I’m sure some diehards do. I remember hearing about it when Richmond played them in the GF

Almost every top 8 side is shitting the bed. If we can’t make finals from here it’ll be time to reconsider Bevos position.

Losing to north would make that a certainty…I pray it doesn’t come to that.
Most of them weren’t top 8 sides to begin with that’s why they are shitting the bed

Most of them weren’t top 8 sides to begin with that’s why they are shitting the bed

Geelong and Port were always decent chances to regress. I’m a little more surprised at GWS and Melbourne, but one or both of those could get their mojo back I suppose.

None of them look good right now though and we play all of them in the run home. This has broken well for us, if we keep a consistent level of performance (which has obviously been problematic for a couple of years now).

Just me or have the Bombres had a dream fixture this year?
It does seem remarkably easy and it doesn’t even look like it gets too hard either with teams like the Cats & Demons falling off.

Feels like one of those years where they play every team at the right time. They’ve only had two ‘good’ wins this year over us & GWS. The rest have been very meh.

It does seem remarkably easy and it doesn’t even look like it gets too hard either with teams like the Cats & Demons falling off.

Feels like one of those years where they play every team at the right time. They’ve only had two ‘good’ wins this year over us & GWS. The rest have been very meh.

Just seems you look at the fixture every week see who they play and think 'another easy game'. Weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think it seems easy for them it must mean that you think they are a half decent team by default.
They are a decent team, they should play finals but no doubt their fixture has been a blessing. Meanwhile we get double ups vs the top sides and all the bogey teams that live rent free in our heads.

They are a decent team, they should play finals but no doubt their fixture has been a blessing. Meanwhile we get double ups vs the top sides and all the bogey teams that live rent free in our heads.

I reckon we've had a pretty good run this year (and definitely last year for what it's worth). Just didn't take advantage of it

How do they miss that Merrett throw? I genuinely can’t believe what’s happened with the umpiring this year.

Don’t you know?

The Bulldogs are the only team that throws it, everyone else handballs 100% of the time

Don’t you know?

The Bulldogs are the only team that throws it, everyone else handballs 100% of the time
I sort of agree. Bombres have a more favourable fixture, but they still have to win those games and have continued to win them. They aren’t top 4 but they are consistent.

If we were even half as consistent we would be next to Collingwood.

To your point - they fell over the eagles today who were missing Kelly and Reid. Their run home includes a cooked dees, horrid saints, freo and suns at home. They'll almost certainty finish top 4.

Our ladder position would look a lot different with their fixture, even with our wobbly start.

To your point - they fell over the eagles today who were missing Kelly and Reid. Their run home includes a cooked dees, horrid saints, freo and suns at home. They'll almost certainty finish top 4.

Our ladder position would look a lot different with their fixture, even with our wobbly start.

We've had 9 of 14 games at Marvel or Ballarat (including games against Gold Coast and West Coast who are either very good or competent at home and dog shit away). Got to play against the oldest team of all time off a five day break without Dangerfield. Got to play against Collingwood at their weakest. Our draw has been quite favourable until now, we just threw games away and didn't take advantage. At worst we should be sitting at 9-5 and in fourth right now. It does look like it gets tougher after the North game

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back