Review Cats drop Bombers by 45 at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was decent. He's not playing a role that's likely to be eye catching. But he seems to be a solid defensive winger at the level and hopefully in time he can add some more attacking layers.

I'd give him a few games in a row. I think Tuohy's best is still better so he'll be preferred come finals but hopefully Knevitt can get some confidence and be ready to be best 22 and go up a couple of levels next year.

Knevitt will be more capable of running games out than Tuohy, particularly against teams that bring more intensity. Tuohy will make a great sub I reckon come finals time. Coming onto the ground fresh for a quarter would see the best of him.

It's clickbait. Get the fans all worked up and they tune in to the BS reviews.

It's 101 marketing but sadly here too often it works.
I agree on the clickbait but this is also in the discussions regarding the game on radio, tv, David King having a big sook on first crack 🙄

They weren’t even that controversial and we won by 45.

According to David King though footy is about momentum and frees like those can cost a game, even when it’s a big margin… unless Geelong is the losing team apparently.

And a quick side rant, I had a Quick Look at SEN podcasts today - King was defending Collingwood giving up big margins in games and saying they’d so damn good because they come back, any other team he’d say other teams able to score multiple goals in a row is an issue. Actually I’m pretty sure he said it this week about Sydney! Yes I know it’s David King, but yuck

I agree on the clickbait but this is also in the discussions regarding the game on radio, tv, David King having a big sook on first crack 🙄

They weren’t even that controversial and we won by 45.

According to David King though footy is about momentum and frees like those can cost a game, even when it’s a big margin… unless Geelong is the losing team apparently.

And a quick side rant, I had a Quick Look at SEN podcasts today - King was defending Collingwood giving up big margins in games and saying they’d so damn good because they come back, any other team he’d say other teams able to score multiple goals in a row is an issue. Actually I’m pretty sure he said it this week about Sydney! Yes I know it’s David King, but yuck
I think the thing with King is he is definitive but also swinging with the wind.

I don't mind him because a lot of times he gets it right. What I don't like is the (as I see it) putting an aggressive line in the sand. Using words such as "never" "always" "will not" "can not". You get the drift.

Same with Kane, except I think Kane hits more winners IMO.

Last edited:
I think the thing with King is he is definitive but also swinging with the wind.

I don't mind him because a lot of times he gets it right. What i don't like is the (as I see it) putting an aggressive line in the sand. Using words such as "never" "always" "will not" "can Not". You get the drift.

Same with Kane, except I think Kane hits more winners IMO.
Nailed it there

My god I need them to stfu about this now. Who cares!? We won by 7 goals. I’ve seen a heap of those arm chops not paid before.
I don’t understand the blow up in the media around this?

It seems one of these dickheads in the media points something out and now everyone jumps on it.
There is so many umpiring mistakes in EVERY game.

The media have far too much say. Now David King is jumping on board saying it completely swung the game.
These media clowns almost dictate how the game goes.

My god I need them to stfu about this now. Who cares!? We won by 7 goals. I’ve seen a heap of those arm chops not paid before.

It seems one of these dickheads in the media points something out and now everyone jumps on it.

The media have far too much say. Now David King is jumping on board saying it completely swung the game.

Dead air

To be fair, it does sound like the interview with Tuohy was from post match - they only just posted it to Twitter this morning though

Stewart was clearly holding the ball and should have been penalised and Ess were stifff with the free goal to Geel , re taking it through for a point

But the Zach T , Draper one when i watched that one live and im not being one eyed , but i thought it was 50-50 , there was a tangled mess of arms etc , and if it was in the last qtr of a GF it is definitely play on

Stewart was clearly holding the ball and should have been penalised and Ess were stifff with the free goal to Geel , re taking it through for a point

But the Zach T , Draper one when i watched that one live and im not being one eyed , but i thought it was 50-50 , there was a tangled mess of arms etc , and if it was in the last qtr of a GF it is definitely play on
I’ll give you the Stewart one but I’ll go to the mattresses for the deliberate rushed behind! He runs straight at goal, no intention to make the play. It’s exactly why the rule exists and that kind of thing cost us a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right, it was difficult to tell in that split second and considering angles, if Touhy touched first and had hand between Drapers arms. To tell the truth, I thought Draper put tons of mayo on it, with the backward fall. Then the crazy remonstrate.

Sometimes the umpire thinks he's being stooged, and fails to call it. Not the first actor to DON an AFL guernsey, and won't be the last. Don't care if the AFL says ump was wrong, only that ump knows what he thought he seen. Same as every week- imperfect.

I’ll give you the Stewart one but I’ll go to the mattresses for the deliberate rushed behind! He runs straight at goal, no intention to make the play. It’s exactly why the rule exists and that kind of thing cost us a flag.

I think what also screwed Menzie on the rushed behind is that he had the time to look over his shoulder and even with our guys having backed off, he chose to still run it through

I wouldn't be surprised if he may have got away with it had he not taken that look behind, but otherwise it was blatant what he wanted to do

I think what also screwed Menzie on the rushed behind is that he had the time to look over his shoulder and even with our guys having backed off, he chose to still run it through

I wouldn't be surprised if he may have got away with it had he not taken that look behind, but otherwise it was blatant what he wanted to do

Yikes, I just read where B Scott unfurled on 360- says AFL told him both Draper non call and Menzie rush were wrong.
Haha. Conversely, his brother C Scott, when we get nutted, says umpiring is a hard ask.
We know who got more weeties in their bowl when they were kids.

Has the AFL made a statement about the (correct) rushed behind yet?

Yes

And no

About 38 seconds into this clip - the AFL won't continue to address individual calls via the media

Swapped link - Mitch with bit of an explanation in his tweet

Last edited:

1719830342223.png

Yikes, I just read where B Scott unfurled on 360- says AFL told him both Draper non call and Menzie rush were wrong.
Haha. Conversely, his brother C Scott, when we get nutted, says umpiring is a hard ask.
We know who got more weeties in their bowl when they were kids.

If you watch the game properly the Dons didnt lose the game in the 3rd qtr , they lost it in the 2nd qtr , they could have been 5 goals in front at h/time

It was a very good win by Geel , the only negative was the 2nd qtr , and that is a worry , because the last 7-8 weeks Geel have had 1 qtr where the opposition absolutely dominate and realistically could nearly kick 8-10 goals to nothing

Yes but Scott is squealing the secret pacifying by the AFL, like a stuck pig
The wild thing about Brad Scott is, he has a perfect example of how to look far more handsome in his twin brother, yet he's sticking to the short hair and no beard. How can we trust anything that guy says or thinks?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats drop Bombers by 45 at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back