Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the best quality - but look at Fog trying to get to a marking contest with 1:54 to go in the match.

How the everloving **** is this not the clearest blocking / holding / high free you've ever seen?

The in the back right before Thilthorpes miss just as bad.

A bit annoyed that constantly the AFL claim "game of the year" for a lot of our games over the past three years and yet that hasn't translated to primetime national TV games.

Uh what?

We've been well over weighted in prime time vs what our performances this year deserved.

Interesting considering we spent most of the game playing extremely attacking. The only time we didn't was the start of the 1st and 3rd which were our worst periods of play. Clearly the players were trying to do what nicks wanted and then said stuff it
Laird said it was their plan going into the game and straight up admitted it failed miserably.

This is what I keep saying about Nicks. The man has bad instincts. When he has time to make a plan, what he conjures up always fails because his philosophy on footy is shit. He's capable of ad-libbing in the middle of a game and you could credit him for that, but then he doesn't learn a damn thing from those mistakes and the cycle repeats.

suck shit essendon and your floggy goal celebrations all night after getting the absolute rub from the maggots

**** that felt good to be there

can't believe we pulled it off - that ending is an anti-Crow finish, especially with how bad the umpiring was

pretty sure someone in the crowd filmed me going absolutely troppo with the HTB decisions

It does when you consider saints will get an extra pick as free agent compo. It’s a 2 pick difference
Have you seen the Saints played against us and Port Power (how the hell did Sydney loss to them is the biggest upset along with how the hell did Richmond also bet Sydney), they are shit. At least there's an even spread of quality midfielders and also a very highly rated KPD so the Saints might draft him at pick 5.

Been watching the replay and in the last 5 minutes of the game we absolutely destroyed Essendon

They could not get near it outside of one centre clearance at the end.

Just repeat inside 50 after repeat inside 50 and to be honest we could have kicked even more goals

A bit annoyed that constantly the AFL claim "game of the year" for a lot of our games over the past three years and yet that hasn't translated to primetime national TV games.
What was this tonight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting considering we spent most of the game playing extremely attacking. The only time we didn't was the start of the 1st and 3rd which were our worst periods of play. Clearly the players were trying to do what nicks wanted and then said stuff it

Do you actually see - or sense from what you see - any disunity in the group at all. Between players or between players and coaches?

To me the whole group seems super tight. So I struggle to see how you came to your conclusion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do you actually see - or sense from what you see - any disunity in the group at all. Between players or between players and coaches?

To me the whole group seems super tight. So I struggle to see how you came to your conclusion

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No not really which is why i said it was interesting laird said the plan was to be defensive yet we played all out attack most of the game. My conclusion is based on what they did do and i did not state anything about they were deliberately undermining nicks. For all we know he endorsed the change in plan. And hey it worked

Of all the non-decisions in our forward line today, I think this was my favourite. Fogarty just cannoned into by a defender who doesn't make contact with the ball. Play on :rolleyes:

yBEjJD5.gif

Of all the non-decisions in our forward line today, I think this was my favourite. Fogarty just cannoned into by a defender who doesn't make contact with the ball. Play on :rolleyes:

yBEjJD5.gif
Has been happening the past few weeks. Should have had at least 3 holding frees but obviously doesn’t have the last name Curnow.

Good : Keays, Fogarty. Keays, Fogarty. Keays Fogarty. Fogarty has looked so much better since playing higher up the ground. Less pressure to kick goals, and just contribute by marking and creating a contest. The goals will come anyway when you kick and mark like he does. Keays is a very funny footballer. He has no right to do some of the things he does lol. And cook looked pretty good for a 10 disposal game.

Bad : We really had no right to win that game. Looking at the team stats and we lost in every single category except goal efficiency for inside 50's and we barely even won that.

Ugly : 3rd quarter. 8 goals to 2.

Dowling and Keays are both excellent case studies when it comes to all time moneyball picks.

Dowling can run all day, knows exactly where he needs to be, and is a handy, composed disposal. Who cares if he isn't very fast?

Sure, Keays may be one of the least skilled players on our list, but he's one of the hardest working and fittest players in the comp, is deceptively clever, shows good leadership, and his hair is perfect.

Good: 2 for 2 watching the Crows live at Docklands this year. AFL wont have a bar of this and these corresponding games will be scheduled in Cobram and Port Fairy next year.

Sad: Smith looked like he was playing in the Ted Whitten match.

You Say I'm a Chance: Keayes played his best game of his 100 odd, so keep pumping the games into Murphy, he's not far off.

Cover Your Eyes: Curtin likely comes in but with injuries Nicks is going to play him as a key defender isn't he?

Dreaming: the old mathematicals are in play for finals...imagine it comes down to a must win v the Swans after last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back