Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad everyone's been able to get this thread back on track and wrest it away from the pesky racism saga. Reckon Laburnum deserves a shout too. Gets a street, a strip of shops, and a station, but it's crushed under the mighty weight of Blackburn west (lowercase because Blackburn West is not a place)

Yep, a similar ‘burb envy that Syndal suffers from in relation to Mt and Glen Waverley.

As for Travencore, that’s where I lived as a toddler in mum and dad’s rented flat in Baroda St, where I watched the lunar landing from the bouncy confines of my bassinet. Great days they were.

Yep, a similar ‘burb envy that Syndal suffers from in relation to Mt and Glen Waverley.

As for Travencore, that’s where I lived as a toddler in mum and dad’s rented flat in Baroda St, where I watched the lunar landing from the bouncy confines of my bassinet. Great days they were.

I see your Syndal and raise you a Tally Ho.

Bakery Hill and Eureka are both suburbs, that aren't really suburbs up here. Mainly just areas with historical connections, excised out of Ballarat East.
Bakery Hill does have Victoria's last dine in Pizza Hut though

Patterson station is in Bentleigh and named after Patterson Rd.
Kananook - wtf is that Samsquanch
It might be a bad place Nato but I did used to park there (at the footy oval near the basketball centre) as it was close enough to my place but less likely that the car would be stolen or run into than the Frankston station car park.

I would park right around the other side of the oval, near the pavilion - not near the goals so that no errant balls from shots at goal would do damage. It was almost deserted there too, even on work days.

So there ya go. The story of Kananook.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obscure places in the country are feeling very sad at the moment with the lack of recognition.
I’ll kick it off with Boomahnoomoonah😬
you know, my fathers favourite of Nunjikompita never gets a mention

It might be a bad place Nato but I did used to park there (at the footy oval near the basketball centre) as it was close enough to my place but less likely that the car would be stolen or run into than the Frankston station car park.

I would park right around the other side of the oval, near the pavilion - not near the goals so that no errant balls from shots at goal would do damage. It was almost deserted there too, even on work days.

So there ya go. The story of Kananook.
I've worked down around Kananook and it seems ok. Not surprised to hear your car came way unscathed. In my experience, from north to south, it goes:

Seaford/Kananook: Ok

North part of Frankston proper: God no

Rest of Frankston proper: Some good, some bad

Frankston South: Decent

Any further south than that and your wallet spontaneously combusts

you know, my fathers favourite of Nunjikompita never gets a mention
To be fair, the country has the best place names.
They also tend to have the best signs with unusual claims to fame. From memory, Violet Town claims to be the earliest inland surveyed township in Victoria.

Yeah, that post marks the beginning and end of my legal career.

I’ll leave ya’s to it…
Nah, read it in a lil old Georg-ia southern lawyer voice and pretended you were patting a lamb
1723583086711.gif

Bakery Hill and Eureka are both suburbs, that aren't really suburbs up here. Mainly just areas with historical connections, excised out of Ballarat East.
Bakery Hill does have Victoria's last dine in Pizza Hut though

Ballarat also has Canadian, which is just weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back