Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Up GIF by TLC Europe

I still wonder why he was sent back on when obviously not right last week, what happened to the conservative approach ?
He wanted to go back on and was walking around obviously making it seem like he was okay. We were sitting on the boundary next to the North race so had a pretty good look at everything that was going on.

Did you think he looked right after that from that vantage point ferbs ?
He looked about 90-95%. He was only a few metres away and while he came off limping he looked to be moving ok after a few minutes of treatment. His body language was "get me back out there" too. Didn't look overly worried.

Altho I was when he first came off.

But by the time he went on I was relieved and no where near as worried about him. He didn't play as well afterward but he was dominating beforehand so he still played well. (He'd had something like 18 touches and a goal and it was halfway thru the second quarter.)

LOL - I spent as much time watching the bench as the game when he limped off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to Harry (Harry is the only Harry there is) Sheezel on Derwayne's podcast from the other week as per your recommendation.

Listening to him talk about that win against Gold Coast at the end of last year made the loss to West Coast on the weekend even more unbearable knowing how much a win means to them.

Will check out this episode too.
Harry, like Leonardo, Fabio and Ringo before him no longer needs a family name as an identifier, such is his greatness.

Across his career Carey average 16.5 disposals and 2&2/3 goals per game. A little bit (but not much) more if you don't count the first year and the last three where he wasn't quite as good. Ablett averages 15 and 4+ goals per game but I don't think he had the same influence on games as Carey in terms of being able to win matches and bring the side with him.

Matthews had 22-23 disposals and 2.75 goals per game but didn't have the same carry a side on his back aura as Carey either. He played in some great teams chock full of talent. GAJ and Dusty average 24-25 and 1.1/1.25 goals per game Bont's are just under 24/1 per game.

Sheeze needs to kick alot more goals (but has at least a decade to do that) and maintain his other output and statistically he'll be miles in front of the rest. If he can do that you'd imagine the flags and other honours follow.
When George can properly run out games, we have a dashing HB to release Kerch into the middle and we develop a reliable grunt/defensive mid (Phillips?) I think Sheeze will play 70/30 forward/mid and kick 45 goals a season easily.

An article AFL.COM saying his AA chances have been hurt. Didn't Daicos miss multiple weeks last year and still get picked? **** they talk shit and the bias is disgustingly obvious

Collingwood won a few more than three games though. His margin for error is very thin due to that, fairly or unfairly

Brad Johnson just made mention of Syndesmosis and that we won't see Sheezel again this season. I don't trust Johnson as all, I think he is one of the most unreliable commentators going around, but I'd like to know if there is any truth to his comment.

Brad Johnson just made mention of Syndesmosis and that we won't see Sheezel again this season. I don't trust Johnson as all, I think he is one of the most unreliable commentators going around, but I'd like to know if there is any truth to his comment.

He probably got it from here

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back