Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Geel did what they had to do - couldnt careless about the final margin , and couldnt care less who has to beat who on Sunday - Geelong are in the top 4 , an outstanding performance by the Cats yet again and the Swans at the SCG is highly winnable- i watched the whole game when the Bulldogs went up their and the Dogs wiped the floor with them , did what we did to the Swans in the 1st - but they did it for the whole game

Do not buy this , oh we get finals into the kids , rather this is Geelongs last throw at the stumps to get that 5th flag in this great era , and its only natural when your older talented players retire , you have to slip a few rungs down the ladder

Don’t ask me how I know please but I’m EXTREMELY confident he will be a cats player at some stage.
Heard it here first.

If youre telling me he wants to come i believe that.

But i dont think we can get it done (unless we give up players that we shouldnt) unless we finish bottom 6 in 25 or 26.
A trade for him will be way more painful than danger was.

Regarding Reid, do we think WCE are still interested in Duncan...
Think he has 2 small children and a wife who is homesick and demanded to go back to Perth for family support, gotta do it for family reasons…..has a good 6 years left in him….obviously 🤪

If Carlton beat St Kilda, then Freo are out of the finals race and potentially take the foot off/lose motivation.

We probably need Freo giving their absolute all to beat Port by 4+ goals.

Carlton game indirectly can impact where we finish for sure.

Yeah if freo are out at 6pm i worry they will be mentally deflated. If they can get in with a win o reckon they can beat port by 30+.

Not sure how being more efficient and burying a team = more injuries.

Or are you inferring they took it easy to not get injured.

There is nothing medical that backs your post up.

strange post from a stange cat...
Harder efforts can lead to exhaustion which leads to errors which can lead to injuries…but mostly a limited interchange creates more pressure and workload

But yeah please keep up the insults all this over a 93 point win with a top 4 spot secured and posters are melting over a potential top 2 spot that was reliant on other results

I wish I could be more blunt in my response but I don’t want a card

It was fun listening to Lonergan on Krock - they were asking him about the most goals he's kicked and that then lead to his 6 goals in the 2007 VFL grand final

The match was on the Sunday & the boys were celebrating long & hard into the night. Add on Bartel winning the Brownlow on the Monday and it meant that training on Tuesday wasn't necessarily the best place for more than a few

And we all know that King was an inclusion for our 07 AFL premiership, but Lonergan mentioned that Prismall was the other who got the tap on the shoulder post VFL grand final and was straight into recovery, in case of a call up for the GF

Never heard that about Prismall before

Think he has 2 small children and a wife who is homesick and demanded to go back to Perth for family support, gotta do it for family reasons…..has a good 6 years left in him….obviously 🤪

Talking before the match, Lonergan believes that Duncan will re-sign and that'll be partly to do with Geelong managing retirements rather than mass retirements in one year

But he also suggested a team like North could throw a multiple year deal at Duncan, like a 3-4 year deal, as he still has a lot out offer from an experience point of view

That seems on the excessively long side of things though

Talking before the match, Lonergan believes that Duncan will re-sign and that'll be partly to do with Geelong managing retirements rather than mass retirements in one year

But he also suggested a team like North could throw a multiple year deal at Duncan, like a 3-4 year deal, as he still has a lot out offer from an experience point of view

If Duncan goes on next year it’s remarkable to have so many 300 games players from the same era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful warm day at the footy, and heartwarming too, packed to the rafters to farewell our heroes. Set my very old Catters Mum up in the stands to farewell her favourite 26, and she loved it.
Great win, as expected, but to hope for second spot always defied reality, so take the game as a warm up and confidence builder for finals. Something we were unsure of seeing during a 7 run of losses.
As well, thank the Footy Gods that injuries seem slight, not sure about O Henry's wrist, but they left him on.
Mighty Cats.

‘Still’ watching our farewell to Hawkins + Touhy 💙🤍💙

Absolutely loving our rugged, tough players, who are so gentle + affectionate with their teammates’ children ♥️

Including Play it Sam ‘Your Boy Mannagh’s baby 💙🤍💙😿💙🤍💙 IMG_0326.jpeg

Last edited:
Well it’s clearly not shot as they were rubbing it down on the bench and then debating whether he’d go back on.
They rubbed him down.
They iced him.
They put him on the bike twice.
They had him walk the boundary.

Hey, look. I'm not medical. But I reckon they decided scans had to happen.

Hummer and Stew walking around fine no ice post game. Would say no issue with either.
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

The injury update via Krock:

- Stewart, unlike what's currently been reported, they don't believe it's a leg issue. They've reported instead that it's more likely a rib or internal issue after he got crunched at one stage - the treatment on the upper leg & hip area was because they could

- Humphries, potentially the first time he's experienced a lower leg issue and so he himself may not have been sure of things. They took the conservative approach by pulling him, but think he'll be in no doubt come the first final

The Humphries story reminds me of when O'Connor first had hamstring tightness, and because it's not something he had experienced before he wasn't really sure what was happening. I remember hearing that when he was talking to the medical team that he wasn't exactly sure himself what the issue was, and the way he described things led to a bit of confusion - but they played it safe with pulling him from the match

And I guess that's the thing if you haven't done that type of injury before, that you may not understand exactly what's happening or how much you can push through pain versus injury

Straight swap for Sheezel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong whip Eagles by 93 points to secure Top 4 spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back