Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s more to me than that.

I’m a very self aware person. I pin far too much on things outside of my control. I’ve put two cuts into myself following this (nothing to be alarmed at) it’s just something I choose to do knowing it’s dumb and melodramatic.
I can’t move on and find joy elsewhere I’m not made like that. It sounds simple it’s not.

This is my outlet I’m using it as such. Ignore it, though I know I’m putting it out there so that’s on me.
Jimmy loves you. Please seek help as others have said. We would rather have you here posting than not. Please take care

Neither. We have some gun players, but also quite a few deficiencies right around the ground. Our forward line is dysfunctional and average. The high scoring midfield covers for this when we’re on, but it all falls apart when the mids are negated. We don’t have anyone up forward to take contested marks or even keep it locked in there for any length of time. McDonald in particular is a massive disappointment.

We have a Rolls Royce midfield but are missing that in and under clearance beast. Parker is old and Adams isn’t it. There’s also an emerging problem in the ruck. Grundy blows hot and cold but gets beaten by journeymen far too often for comfort. I think he’s been quite mediocre for a while now.

In defence, we’re missing a gun KPD or a Harris Andrews type to complement and eventually replace Rampe. McCartin is barely good enough and you never know which Blakey will turn up. When he plays bad, he stinks up the whole place. Melican is a positive. He’s turned into a consistent and reliable defender, but he needs much more help, especially when Rampe plays like he did yesterday..

Brisbane are genuinely better than us at the moment. They have everything we lack in terms of key positions. Like I said yesterday, their poor start to the season distorted the ladder. but they were always the real deal. It’s not a surprise they won. It’s a shame they had it so easy, but it was always going to be an uphill battle for us.
Talent doesnt explain why we only had 32 tackles for a whole game and am embarrassing pressure rating for a GF.

The coach has allowed mediocrity to set in, where are the standards, was a single player dropped or named for a lack of pressure? It has been tolerated far too long.

If a coach cant get a team up to want to make at least 60 tackles in a GF then then he has to go. If he has and the team simply ignores it why are they all still playing.

The fish rots from the head, the place reeks of complacency; what Chair says a coach has a job for life as long as he wants it.

Get thrashed in 2022 and do NOTHING about it why would you expect it to change.

Time to make tough hard decision on the coaching panel and players, there has to be a price for such ineptitude!

Again its not about losing but how they lost! Not turning up for a GF is inexcusable.

Are you stuck due the Tassie weather .
I had the day planner , Merch at the Lake Oval and then South pub crawl

just on a late flight so could go to celebrations today 🤣 plus was cheapest

Swans for the flag in 2025

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 2.15.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 2.15.19 PM.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 2.15.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-29 at 2.15.52 PM.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 22
Kane Cornes just sunk the boot into heeney…don’t blame him
If it’s true he carried the same injury into the PF, where he was widely judged to be BOG, I don’t think he or the club can be criticised for him playing yesterday. If that’s why Cornes is laying the boot in. I’ve not checked out his specific comments.

If it’s true he carried the same injury into the PF, where he was widely judged to be BOG, I don’t think he or the club can be criticised for him playing yesterday. If that’s why Cornes is laying the boot in. I’ve not checked out his specific comments.
For the last time he went in inj. no excuse but got run down as he kicked it late in the 1st and it went to another level , an injury like that is debilitating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talent doesnt explain why we only had 32 tackles for a whole game and am embarrassing pressure rating for a GF.

The coach has allowed mediocrity to set in, where are the standards, was a single player dropped or named for a lack of pressure? It has been tolerated far too long.

If a coach cant get a team up to want to make at least 60 tackles in a GF then then he has to go. If he has and the team simply ignores it why are they all still playing.

The fish rots from the head, the place reeks of complacency; what Chair says a coach has a job for life as long as he wants it.

Get thrashed in 2022 and do NOTHING about it why would you expect it to change.

Time to make tough hard decision on the coaching panel and players, there has to be a price for such ineptitude!

Again it’s not about losing but how they lost! Not turning up for a GF is inexcusable.
45 tackles for the game, not good enough but not 32.

Brisbane had 53 tackles in last years grand final, bet they are glad they kept the coach…

Not yet , we have to get someone injured at Mad Monday , infact i hope the club tells them to stick it
Mad Monday should start with a full and thorough review of the game…..examine every detail. Finish with a very low key event.

Mad Monday should start with a full and thorough review of the game…..examine every detail. Finish with a very low key event.
What would the review be?

'You see how every time Neale gets the ball in tight, he absorbs the pressure and does something smart with the ball? But when you get it, you panic? Do what Neale does. Okay you can go get drunk now and we will see you in 2 months.'

I want to try amartey down back over the off season and switch Blakey forward .

Natural forward as a junior , nearly 200cm and just about the quickest player in the game. He would be an absolute nightmare match up for oppo. I know we tried him there early but he’s an all Australian now and has the experience , plus he should have picked up a few tricks that the forward have used on him.

He will provide the athleticism we crave up forward and for a big bloke should be able to provide defensive pressure.

It’s worth a try imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back