Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

On SENs youtube clip, Buckley talks about a specific goal that Gulden let happen. In the second qtr Gulden gave Rampe his opponent Bailey which Rampe was then beaten by, which led to a Lohmann goal(Rampe's opponent) that Gulden left alone and was walking 30m away while Lohmann goaled. That's horrendous from a "leader"

bizarrely this was the one that lloyd gave florent a clip for.

it may well be that florent was responsible for lohrmann's other goals but with that one gulden refused - straight out refused to track the run of the guy standing next to him.

FMD first day at work and I mentally and emotionally feel like I’ve lost a pet on the weekend or something.
I honestly feel like I need to take a year off supporting them to get my mind back to normal.
I know in the end it’s just a sport but losing 2 grand finals in 3 years like that and all the expectation…you hit your limits.
Completely understand the feeling. Had a dream last night that all through next season we had sell out games all year but the fans protested the lack of fight in the GF by refusing to cheer or yell, simply clapped goals politely. I don't actually mind the idea if nothing is done.

Nah, just reality.. Most players don't ever get to a grand final, other teams will be improving as well, I doubt the swans will.

The swans will be talking about their 75k members and how 'proud' they are of their season.

Losing to last place and getting utterly belted in the biggest game of the year.

As long as the corpo/dollars keep flowing in pridham et al are very happy.

One day they'll decide to be a footy club.
Yes.

You really need to make the most of these rich continuous periods of form and being near the top of the ladder, because they may not come around again for a long time.

This century alone, Brisbane have done that, Geelong have, Hawthorn have and Richmond have (in terms of multiple flags). The Swans, from 2014 at least, haven't.

The real risk is not capitalizing, then heading down the ladder for an extended period (quite possible in the modern, equalized competition) and looking back with real regret on the wasted opportunities.

And heading down the ladder and not being near it can happen to anyone. Best example in recent times in Carlton - if you had said to a Blues fan in 99 that 25 years later they wouldn't have reached another GF, they would have thought you were mad.

With this team the Swans currently have, they must make a Grand Final and win it for this extended period of ladder success not to be viewed in hindsight as a waste.

Last edited:
That's what the 'happy clapper' element of our fan base does already lol.
Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

This might make you feel a bit better. I'm 34 and my partner is actually 9 months older than me. About a year ago she and I went to a radiology appointment for her.

The Xray technician or whatever you call him guy asked if I was her father... :skull:
The question is, are you an old looking 34 or is she a young looking 34? I'm sure your partner would be stoked if it's the latter.

History shows the club is right. 2 premierships in 20yrs is more than most of the clubs in the league
Using your convenient starting point of 2005 (our first flag in forever), it's better than 10 teams (I'm not including GWS and GC). You can call that being "right" if you want, but it sounds a little like accepting mediocrity to me.

What about someone like Rohan who was complete horseshit for us in grand finals , even he got a flag elsewhere, surely that motivates the boys
Rohan, Stringer, Hipwood, Raynor, Dangerfield, Spangher. Just some of the names of spuds/shitcampaigner players that we gave flags to. They didn't win them. We just... gifted it to them

Rohan, Stringer, Hipwood, Raynor, Dangerfield, Spangher. Just some of the names of spuds/shitcampaigner players that we gave flags to. They didn't win them. We just... gifted it to them

Don't know about us giving them flags , but surely Heeney goes I played with Rohan and I am ten times the player that spud is and he has a medal and I don't.

Like I just can't believe the lack of desperation from guys like Rampe Heeney Lloyd etc , do they really not know and to be premiership players. Like what was the visible desperation, didn't even see any evidence that it meant anything, they can say that it did . But from the first bounce I saw Lions running like their lives depended on it. Parker could barely move, guess being the sub and riding coat tails for a medal was sufficient. I guess winning the player of the finals was enough for Heeney and nice hair enough for Rampe

Lol Rayner playing like a pick 1 against us, elevating over or outbodying our backs... you can't make this up lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know about us giving them flags , but surely Heeney goes I played with Rohan and I am ten times the player that spud is and he has a medal and I don't.

Like I just can't believe the lack of desperation from guys like Rampe Heeney Lloyd etc , do they really not know and to be premiership players. Like what was the visible desperation, didn't even see any evidence that it meant anything, they can say that it did . But from the first bounce I saw Lions running like their lives depended on it. Parker could barely move, guess being the sub and riding coat tails for a medal was sufficient. I guess winning the player of the finals was enough for Heeney and nice hair enough for Rampe

to be fair i look at rampe's hair with some jealousy

The question is, are you an old looking 34 or is she a young looking 34? I'm sure your partner would be stoked if it's the latter.
Yeah she doesnt look in her 30s, more like mid 20s so she can't complain, but still!

Worst pick 1 since Jack Watts and we made him look like a star

Raynor is a good player maybe not the superstar of the league but he looked dangerous all year imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back