Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
I think this is about them having more flexibility to actually get the deal done, given they now have 2x FFs and 2x F2s. Would be shocked if the deal doesn't happen, given they've been into Barrass for ages and he's nominated them.

Doesn’t the change to father son / academy rules next year make 2025 picks worth more? Especially first rounders?

The rumour is you’ll be making up a rumour by the end of the day.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Matthew Nicks pass out at 38 Flavours Glenelg last night.

I guess it's pretty serious.

Trade period is a joke - too long and to much posturing

Many of these List Mgrs would struggle in corporate commercial world

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s only because the fans fixate on it the whole time. From a national competition perspective , getting medicals, meeting coaches/players to decide moves, working out how deals may link to your advantage (see Hawks today) it’s about right.
A week or so of getting ducks in a. Row and 3-4 days of making deals.

Bugger all corporate types are making significant deals (with new clients) in under a week. Always a scoping period first

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Considering Nankervis survived for 19 games straight in what was a heavily under-performing sector and was performing at a similar click to Smith, I think it's pretty safe to say yes, he would have been given as much rope with our current list.
Nank outperformed smith... fo sho

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Matthew Nicks pass out at 38 Flavours Glenelg last night.

gelato overdoses are pretty serious

I remember the time I was roasted by a teacher in front of the whole class. I remember the words the teacher said, where I was sitting, the face on the other kids s******ing as I was getting in trouble, and I was only about 9 years old, so 31 years ago. It stuck with me.

I don't remember specifics about any of the times a teacher pulled me aside and gave me a low voiced, calm talking to in the corridor, or the 1 on 1 open discussions about acting out in class and my feelings around that acting out. Nothing.

Perhaps this will be the tough love Rachele needs...

These days we are a soft as marshmallow society trying to educate and sculpt kids with little to no consequence for wrong doings. Crouching down to a kids level to appear as an equal while saying "now jeremy, you know you shouldn't elbow your brother in the face, that's a B choice" is a load of back and forth motion of the hand on the penis. So now we have 12 year olds stealing cars, and like I watched last night, a young female adult thinking it is OK to threaten to stab 3 police officers on North Terrace while the police did nothing about it. In some countries that would earn you a baton smack across the face.

I'm ok with Nicks giving Rachele a little old school treatment, if Rash can dish it out publicly then I'm sure he can take it publicly as well.
I remember that shit too.

I can guarantee if you tried to publicly humiliate me as an adult to make me comply, if you were say my manager, then I'd drop a few truth bombs in the other direction and walk the **** out.

I'm eminently employable, as is Rash, a bit of good ol' public humiliation is the fastest way for him to jump off the bandwagon to a place where that stuff doesn't happen.

Imagine giving JHF away for peanuts, and then gifting the same club well overs for Houston. Surely they aren't that badly run.

Yeah the JHF trade is potentially looking like a bad one.

They ended up turning JFH into Wardlaw and Taylor Goad

Wardlaw I am still on the fence about, there's big wraps on him but I don't know I just get the feeling that he could potentially be one of those very good but not elite players.

Goad is one of those players who could be anything, he's definitely a "unicorn" type player similar to TT. It's going to take a good 3-4 years before we'll actually know what sort of quality he is.

At the moment Port are miles out in front with this trade, but it's still early days.

It's a shame that North didn't take Sheezel at Pick 4 because then you could argue that it was a more even trade.

Last edited:
I doubt the club would be trying to teach Laird much these days. He has been a brilliant player for a long time even though last year wasn't a good year for him. Perhaps him giving Rash a dressing down was part of it all, perhaps Laird got a speaking to after saying that. Perhaps Laird got no extra playground minutes on friday that week...

Most likely we will never know the intricacies about it all as it probably happened behind closed doors, and all we can do is connect snippets of info we are privvy to into whatever "truth" we can.
You think we berated Laird behind closed doors when we didnt Rachele?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the JHF trade is potentially looking like a bad one.

They ended up turning JFH into Wardlaw and Taylor Goad

Wardlaw I am still on the fence about, there's big wraps on his but I don't know I just get the feeling that he could potentially be one of those very good but not elite players.

Goad is one of those players who could be anything, he's definitely a "unicorn" type player similar to TT. It's going to take a good 3-4 years before we'll actually know what sort of quality he is.

At the moment Port are miles out in front with this trade, but it's still early days.

It's a shame that North didn't take Sheezel at Pick 4 because then you could argue that it was a more even trade.
I think Wardlaw will be a very good player, Goad is a wait and see.

Regardless of the how the players turn out I think Port paid well unders in picks.

Thats a fair list

Dangerfield after 8 years

Lever 3 - was that us or was it outside influences?

Cameron 4 - again like Lever was he dazzled by the coin

Gunston 2 - 2012 not even in the conversation

But I recognise the others left in a 2016-2017 window so fair point
McMuffin?

How's this look for a 3 way trade.

GWS
In: Crows F2
Out: Peatling

Saints
In: Berry, Crows F1, Pick 62
Out: Wanganeen-Milera, F2

Crows
In: Wanganeen-Milera, Peatling, Saints F2
Out: F1, Berry, F2, Pick 62

Isn't that just 2 trades?

AFC/GWS - Crows F2 for Peatling

AFC/STK - Berry, F1 and 62 for NWM and F2

Logan Smith is projected to go in the 3rd round, so they may be hoping they can use 46 and then use 53+56 to nab Smith? We'd want picks back for the same reason though as we have Walsh hovering around the same area.
Logan Smith might be projected to go there by the media pundits but he's the clear 2nd best ruck in this draft and it only takes 1 club to rate him higher. Looked pretty good in the VFL already.

I don’t think so - his throwing Rachele under the bus on his radio spot was not his place to do. He isn’t part of the leadership group. If you watch the games his calling for the ball and doing the 1/2 is not a team oriented.
It's still very overblown by fans though (why is it even still coming up?), especially the continued attack on Laird's character. It was one comment that was then also backed up by Dawson later in the week, but only Laird still cops it 2 months on.

Rachele and a few of the younger guys are back training with some of the senior players and wouldn't be giving this a 2nd thought, so when is this board going to move on like them?

gelato overdoses are pretty serious
Iced Coffee Meme GIF by Travis

So, to sum up this year :
nicks.jpg
Nick's flat

Clarry.jpg
Clarry's whacked

download.jpg
Give the Dog a bone

chris.jpg

This old man came rolling home

If port can hand over their own F1 for Luko and get 12 and 14 in this draft which is stronger would be great work by them.

The fact we'll only have one real pick in this draft is concerning. Granted it's pick 4 and a great pick to have but god there's gonna be some real talent in that 20-40 range that would be better than 5 or 6 of our current contracted players.
Not going to happen. Carlton have said categorically that they are taking 12 to the draft this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back