Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ok that would be disappointing from my perspective if Draper is gone but ultimately its out of our control and like all things in life like that, not worth getting upset over.

Whats in our control is getting the best mid with pick 4 and most BF 'experts' seem like they prefer Smith but Langford wouldnt surprise me either (Rowey has mentioned Langford a few times in recent weeks when he doesnt know much about the draft. Not that he has a good track record so thats probably a good sign the club is feeding him crap)
rowey might be trying to throw others of the scent of the real target i would say 🥲

ok that would be disappointing from my perspective if Draper is gone but ultimately its out of our control and like all things in life like that, not worth getting upset over.

Whats in our control is getting the best mid with pick 4 and most BF 'experts' seem like they prefer Smith but Langford wouldnt surprise me either (Rowey has mentioned Langford a few times in recent weeks when he doesnt know much about the draft. Not that he has a good track record so thats probably a good sign the club is feeding him crap)

You are right the only you can guarantee getting the player you want is to finish last.

The West Coast and Carlton trade should help us get Draper.

If he is there at pick 4 I am certain we will take him.

this is the perfect result if things play out - surely everyone can see this?

Explosive , hard leading and magnificent kick and good skills overall. Puts on 5-10kg at the end of the footy season scaring off clubs. Crows get for pick 40-60 (we either need to trade in a late pick in the 40s/50's to match OR assuming in the third round we just take a small step backwards next year)

Looking like the perfect result to me
Clubs were already scared off

I think he gets through to our last pick and we take him there , if he knuckles down can be a match winner in a few years time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs were already scared off

I think he gets through to our last pick and we take him there , if he knuckles down can be a match winner in a few years time
Exactly and nobody has suggested any different but to suggest the club wanted him to stack on the pudding and tank is pure fantasy.

We don't want him to get a national combine invite.

There is nothing about a talented footballer getting national attention that works in our favour when we have priority access
I’d go the other way and say we wanted him to be a 1st rounder talent that experienced recruiting teams saw him as ….and so we could take advantage of the Father / son system and get a 1st rounder at extreme discount

Hopefully he gets the picture and knuckles down as can be a match winner , gotta remember pre season starts next month , not sure he’s putting his hand up to join main group before Xmas right now

Even that doesn’t work these days.

View attachment 2141821
true but would you now really swap JUH for TT?

I wouldnt. And yes I am biased but JUH is an athletic freak but Worrell towelled him up late in the year. With TT, The Beast, his size and strength make him UNSTOPPABLE. Plus his elite kicking, footy smarts, quick hands. Gets his hands to so many balls - starts sticking an even higher % - and he becomes one of the best players in the competition

hope so mate. may i ask what you mean by clubs were already scared off?
I’ve been hearing things second half of year re where recruiters rate him and had been surprised ( thinking he’d be higher )

Then to a lesser extent the state combine invite which just backed up the above

The word was issue with mental capacity and willingness to work hard and be consistent re habits etc

true but would you now really swap JUH for TT?

I wouldnt. And yes I am biased but JUH is an athletic freak but Worrell towelled him up late in the year. With TT, The Beast, his size and strength make him UNSTOPPABLE. Plus his elite kicking, footy smarts, quick hands. Gets his hands to so many balls - starts sticking an even higher % - and he becomes one of the best players in the competition
Was merely making the point that having pick 1 doesn’t always guarantee you’ll get to use it on pick 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back