Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is welsh no longer of round 1 talent levels? I think I read he’s slid down the rankings? Would be keen to hear where people think he sits talent wise in this draft .

I think he was state combine I think , I’d say he’s a chance to go before Welsh , Bowman I think does too
84cm running vertical jump tied for 1st with Ruck/Forward Jacob Molier in that test, Molier also a very handy 2.920 in the 20m.

Molier and Delmenico the standouts across all tests.

84cm running vertical jump tied for 1st with Ruck/Forward Jacob Molier in that test, Molier also a very handy 2.920 in the 20m.

Molier and Delmenico the standouts across all tests.
Delmenico would be a great one for the sanfl program if he goes undrafted

Could see a Logan Evans type progression next year ( not that we need half backs )

Delmenico would be a great one for the sanfl program if he goes undrafted

Could see a Logan Evans type progression next year ( not that we need half backs )
Yep, KPD Harrison Ramm and mid/small forward Jacob Newton are 2 I'd seriously look at too for the SANFL roles.

Really like Jacob Newton a really solidly built hard little nugget with a good turn of foot and a booming kick....one of SA's better players at the carnival playing more forward

Did get a National Combine invite but didn't test due to rehabbing a foot injury.

Yep, KPD Harrison Ramm and mid/small forward Jacob Newton are 2 I'd seriously look at too for the SANFL roles.

Really like Jacob Newton a really solidly built hard little nugget with a good turn of foot and a booming kick....one of SA's better players at the carnival playing more forward

Did get a National Combine invite but didn't test due to rehabbing a foot injury.
Yep he’s a bit like chandler at Melbourne I reckon

Does my head why we now use the rookie list as a dumpster list spot than taking a punt on players given how well we’ve done in the past.
I can agree, but spending more time getting the national draft right and using the rookie list to wash aging players through is a good strategy compared to stuffing up the nation draft but finding rough diamonds late.

I think when you win the premiership you dig deep into the bottom 50, but we are better off watching the top end talent to see which we project to make it is a better use of limited resources.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does my head why we now use the rookie list as a dumpster list spot than taking a punt on players given how well we’ve done in the past.
From the "rookie draft", I think the last 10 years we've only done well out of ROB (and that was way back in 2014) and Butts.

Sure - reduced list sizes post-COVID, and the introduction of the SSP / Mid-Season Draft has meant clubs take less picks in rookie drafts - but there's still value to be had in both areas which we haven't fully maximised.

Only been able to watch highlights of most of the draftees, but out of the 'big 5', he's the one i'd like the least.

Has the lowest ceiling of that group imo

He’s my favourite of the lot.

Snookered by unfortunate, minor injuries this year but he’s super quick, elusive, beautiful kick, great vision. Got some magic about him.

Ceiling far above Draper and Smith.

I can agree, but spending more time getting the national draft right and using the rookie list to wash aging players through is a good strategy compared to stuffing up the nation draft but finding rough diamonds late.

I think when you win the premiership you dig deep into the bottom 50, but we are better off watching the top end talent to see which we project to make it is a better use of limited resources.
We can do well in the national draft and the rookie draft. We don’t need to wash ageing players or keep players around for that long before making a decision.

We are going through a rebuild and basically haven’t used it at all to bring in new talent, seems nuts given past successes.

Snookered by unfortunate, minor injuries this year but he’s super quick, elusive, beautiful kick, great vision. Got some magic about him.

Accumulation is still a worry for me. Though if he can eventually get up to, say, at least 23 or 24 disposals a game, he'll be a multiple AA player - that's the kind of impact he has. Chad Warner averaged just 24 touches this season for instance, but we all know about the impact he has

carlton watched same footage as you

im still lalor. but im jagga before draper. FOS 4th for me.

Could also be a sneaky play at Harley Reid given we already have his girlfriend in our AFLW side… and then drafted his best mate? (FOS)

West Coast are a pretty cluely club. Surely they aren’t taking unders to split pick 3 to then allow you to draft a guy that can help you get their messiah out of WA?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

West Coast are a pretty cluely club. Surely they aren’t taking unders to split pick 3 to then allow you to draft a guy that can help you get their messiah out of WA?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
12 and 14 and Owies isnt pick 3

Pick 6 and 14 and Owies is pick 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back