List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I can just picture Pyke and Clarke at the trade table looking at the Hawks and saying "what about your commitment to barrass"

Yeah but Pyke is just a face on a laptop, coz he likes to conduct all his business via Zoom.

Nah, most of this is correct, but both teams are carrying arms loads of paperwork that cascade into the air, the paperwork gets unknowingly mixed up and submitted to the AFL and we end up trading Darling back into the team for pick 12.
Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge carrying a large pane of glass back and forth across the corridor. Jon Ralph pushing a fruit cart.

Upside of adding Dev was there, but you really can't help stupid. Once I can pass off as misguided loyalty, but twice is downright dope levels.

Bloke is absolutely nuking his AFL career.

Good luck to the kent. Seeya as a DFA next year :raisinghand: Or not.

I’d suggest that this time it was Brisbane wanting more than anyone was willing to trade

I can just picture Pyke and Clarke at the trade table looking at the Hawks and saying "what about your commitment to barrass"

Luckily Barrass also has a commitment to us already. 😅

Sigh. They’ll cave.

F1, F2 for Barrass with nothing back I think.

I kinda want it to fall over now, just for the laugh.

Barrass staying wouldn't be a disaster, but its legit the nail in the coffin as far as this offseason helping our rebuild goes.

Burning 3 and those other late picks for Baker and Owies, getting absolutely nothing for Barrass, the most valuable player on the market and highest profile trade (Behind Bolton)..

Adding zero additional top 20, 30 hell even top 40 picks to our draft hand in a quality draft is just..... Absolutely awful.

Feels like the club just keeps putting off the inevitable, and it's going to cost us big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d suggest that this time it was Brisbane wanting more than anyone was willing to trade

Probably, but Dev the stupid prick hasn't even "asked" for a trade or anything yet. Hasn't nominated us or done any of those players agent quirks to get the ball rolling. Instead the kent is once again doing his one foot in one foot out trick. "Open to exploring a trade..." Wtf does that even mean.

Had he come out and straight up nominated us, "make me an eagle etc etc" we offered something reasonable, without overpaying I feel the Lions would've taken it to get him off their books.

But that's only speculation, who knows. Seemed like a win for all parties.

And Hawthorn should and will be pilloried for not getting the deal done

Maybe not by the vic media but Paul Connors has already given them a serve reportedly

Good luck to them getting players across if they don’t land Barrass because they tried to short change us on a trade

Their record of attracting big names hasn’t been great. Couldn’t get Smith. Missed McKay last year

Put a lot of work into Barrass to get him to commit but now won’t pay the price

Doesn't matter, clubs are desperate to win flags, Hawthorn's offer is rubbish.
They’re not that desperate when they can get a Battle type for fee

I see KPDs much like ruckman

A great one is nice to have but you can get away with the Frosts of the world

What has stuffed us is not only the Hawks getting Battle but also the fact that not having a hugely recognised KPD didn’t hurt them at all during the season

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back