Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if it doesn't result in a terrible turnover, my god he is a shit kick of the footy.
That just sums him up right now.

Logue and Bergman waiting in the VFL. Surely he has to go.

Me too.

If he has another stinker this week then I think it will best for all involved for Lukey to have a stint in the two's.
It may be a circuit breaker. If he cant respond to being dropped, then he shouldnt be playing in seniors. There are other options - cant justify keeping them out any more.
If he does respond, everyone wins, including him. It may be a relief to him.
Part of the issue is that he doesnt appear to learn and isnt really accountable for his disposal - noone thinks his disposal is ok except him. Dropping him even for a week would send a powerful message to the group about team standards. What does it say to lazzaro or duursma if they are dropped and play their role in vfl?

I think his old man was the worst footballer to play over 100 games for North, 150 or so I think in the end. I remember him kicking a bag of goals against Fitzroy I think in 1983 but he had the Krakouer boys, Abernathy, Hodgeman, Tanner etc hitting him lace out. We just didn't have any decent tall forwards during this era, and as Donald was over 6ft2 he was carried in the team. Young Luke seems like a nice kid but he should be replaced sooner rather than later by Hardeman or Bergman in my opinion.

It's just hard to believe he hasn't developed a skill other than booting the ball as far as possible in 10 years of AFL football.

I think his old man was the worst footballer to play over 100 games for North, 150 or so I think in the end. I remember him kicking a bag of goals against Fitzroy I think in 1983 but he had the Krakouer boys, Abernathy, Hodgeman, Tanner etc hitting him lace out. We just didn't have any decent tall forwards during this era, and as Donald was over 6ft2 he was carried in the team. Young Luke seems like a nice kid but he should be replaced sooner rather than later by Hardeman or Bergman in my opinion.

No way he was worse than Shannon Watt

Kayne Turner says hi!

pruessuy got injured a few times
Pruess worked out the more you don’t play , the better you get.

Good Mythical Morning Agree GIF by Rhett and Link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he was terrible. Definitely worse than Shannon Watt. He somehow got to 155 games.

His lockdown defending work did improve over his career. To counterbalance that praise though, I think his skills/decision making didn't so much stagnate as go backward.
Agree, I think he needs a change in role and a new challenge, could he play as a defensive forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back