#12 - Daniel Talia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Selection #13 - Daniel Talia

He's from Sacred Heart College (or Assumption? One of the two) in Vic. Dougie and Armstrong also went there and now live together. Hopefully he shouldn't have too much trouble settling in.

Gotta say I would have preferred a mid. Not sure I'm so keen on Talia, based on the footage, but I don't know shit really, and Rendell's got the runs on the board.
Welcome to the AFC Daniel Talia!

Do we have some KPP depth now or what!?!

DREAM COME TRUE OR WHAAAAT! Litterally one of my favourite players, but just never expressed it at I thought he wouldn't be available!

535518.jpg

I have had little interest in the draft up until today, so is this a good pick or not? Going by the reaction we have got a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86924/default.aspx

Height: 194cm
Weight: 89kg
DOB: 02/10/91
Recruited from: Assumption College
Bio: Versatile key position player who can play well at either end. Clean hands and great endurance for his size are strengths. Hamstring injury bought his season to an early end and although nearly fully recovered, was unable to participate at Draft Camp. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2009, winning All-Australian honours.
Matt Burgan's draft rating: 8-25

edit: Thanks Vader :eek:

We are going to be a gigantic team. I seriously don't know how we're going to fit all these KPP's in... First 2 picks are KPP's/talls... Maybe we think Talia can push into the midfield?

Daniel being interviewed on 5AA now

Hadn't talked with Craigy prior to the draft.

Very excited to be coming to Adelaide.

Described himself as a hard working, versatile player.

He played more for Assumption College than he did for TAC.

10.20 best time for a 3km a couple of years ago. Done Athletics around footy.

OK academically. Wants to study sports science at uni.

Overall, he spoke very well and seemed quite excited to be drafted full stop.

gee what a suprise
Geez... calm down.

This is what I wrote for Talia in my phantom draft:
Daniel has amazing aggression for the ball which stands out in contests no matter if it’s one on one or a pack. He positions himself extremely well in marking contests, and has a great pair of hands to top off the effort. He has been known as the best defender out of this year’s draft, although he is a utility - he provides flexibility to the team as he can play at both ends of the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

#12 - Daniel Talia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back