Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what, the good thing is that when you're inevitably proven wrong next year, you can just come back and delete all of your s**t posts and pretend you never made them.

Aka the Saintly strategy.
Can't argue with the facts there can you little man.

lol I presented you with facts and you can't handle it.
Calm down little man.
Don't worry you're favorite Dan Andrews is still in power, you can sleep tightly.

LOL. "your"

I am not an Andrews fan, as evidenced by my many to-and fro's with the likes of Funky and SLF. But I know you're clueless so am unsurprised by you getting that completely wrong as well.

Don't worry you're favorite Dan Andrews is still in power, you can sleep tightly.

LOL. "your"

I am not an Andrews fan, as evidenced by my many to-and fro's with the likes of Funky and SLF. But I know you're clueless so am unsurprised by you getting that completely wrong as well.
OMG I wrote you're instead of your. Clutching at straws there little communist.
If you're going to do that though, you should know that it's fros and not fro's. :D

Anyway feel free to provide a counter argument to the stats I provided. Otherwise back in "your" hole.

If you're going to do that though, you should know that it's fros and not fro's. :D

Anyway feel free to provide a counter argument to the stats I provided. Otherwise back in "your" hole.
I don't think anyone would look at jys stats and say he has been good by foot this year. He has had a stinker, but his good footy is very good as evidenced over the last few weeks and last year winning the bnf. He is a good player who, if he uses it better, will be even better. You can think he is a good footballer and think his disposal stinks, not mutually exclusive. You have seemingly picked Jy as your hill to die on

It appears Sky News has rotted yet another brain with their manufactured US style culture war BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if you are taking the piss ferbs! 🤔
Not a piss take.

I genuinely appreciate it.

I don't mind people having opinions on who should get votes but i hate seeing people get paid out in the vote thread for putting themselves on the line and giving someone a vote because they thought that player deserved it.

Not a piss take.

I genuinely appreciate it.

I don't mind people having opinions on who should get votes but i hate seeing people get paid out in the vote thread for putting themselves on the line and giving someone a vote because they thought that player deserved it.
Yeah fair call, agree with that. But leaving him out, when probably a clear best on in both games is probably being wilfully ignorant or just not a good judge of footy

I don't think anyone would look at jys stats and say he has been good by foot this year. He has had a stinker, but his good footy is very good as evidenced over the last few weeks and last year winning the bnf. He is a good player who, if he uses it better, will be even better. You can think he is a good footballer and think his disposal stinks, not mutually exclusive. You have seemingly picked Jy as your hill to die on
Not sure why you think that I think Jy is a bad footballer.
I think his disposal is below standard, he also lacks penetration on the kick, hence why he turns it over so often.
His handballing isn't much better.
He doesn't offer much overhead.
He lacks pace, his ceiling is lower than the likes of, TT, JHF, LDU, Cunners, etc.. I think he is overrated on here by people that just like him and therefore think his footy is better than it really is.

Do I think he is best 22 yes of course.
Do I think we wont be moving anywhere as a club if he is in the top 5 of our players, yes I do.
Do I think he is A grade, no I don't, I think he is a solid B.
Do I think he works very hard and has a bright future at our football club. No doubt.

i've provided the stats, they can't be argued with, hence why some start talking about grammatical errors to get a moral victory.

Not sure why you think that I think Jy is a bad footballer.
I think his disposal is below standard, he also lacks penetration on the kick, hence why he turns it over so often.
His handballing isn't much better.
He doesn't offer much overhead.
He lacks pace, his ceiling is lower than the likes of, TT, JHF, LDU, Cunners, etc.. I think he is overrated on here by people that just like him and therefore think his footy is better than it really is.

Do I think he is best 22 yes of course.
Do I think we wont be moving anywhere as a club if he is in the top 5 of our players, yes I do.
Do I think he is A grade, no I don't, I think he is a solid B.
Do I think he works very hard and has a bright future at our football club. No doubt.

i've provided the stats, they can't be argued with, hence why some start talking about grammatical errors to get a moral victory.
Of course, I'd agree with the bulk of that. But he will still be a mainstay for years, and with some improved disposal will be very damaging. Yet when these points are made, you use your laugh emojis or talk about being salty, yet even when a clear best on you leave him out the votes. Puzzling

Yeah fair call, agree with that. But leaving him out, when probably a clear best on in both games is probably being wilfully ignorant or just not a good judge of footy
I tend to agree with that but I don't like judging other people's votes. Sometimes I've seen votes and thought "HTF do you think he deserves a vote" then watched a replay and changed my mind.

I get mildly annoyed when people vote in that thread then someone else who hasn't voted comes along and pays them out for their choices.

Superstar prolly a little bit rich. But he is prolly tracking roughly where clarry was just before he tidied up his kicking, now look at him. Ldu and jy can be as good as clarrie and truck imo.

I get mildly annoyed when people vote in that thread then someone else who hasn't voted comes along and pays them out for their choices.

I’ve deleted plenty of posts doing that in the votes threads over the years. Not enough obviously. It was stated on there long ago that such posts aren’t welcome.

Superstar prolly a little bit rich.

Honestly we have 2 blokes that can claim that during their careers they have been close to that. Cunners and Goldy. 3 if you count Hall's few week stint at GC as a Brownlow contender(pretender). I mean as a squad there is a collective single All Australian honour amongst them.

Everyone one else has either never gotten as close or is still building on potential.

Ldu and jy can be as good as clarrie and truck imo.
The best part of recent weeks is the synergy these two seem to be building. Very interesting to see what will happen with a new coach, a new plan and some time.

Of course, I'd agree with the bulk of that. But he will still be a mainstay for years, and with some improved disposal will be very damaging. Yet when these points are made, you use your laugh emojis or talk about being salty, yet even when a clear best on you leave him out the votes. Puzzling
If you want to know why i didn't have him in the bests:
He went up against Merrett and Merrett was better and more damaging, between him and Stringer in who was best on IMO.
Jy Turned it over maybe 10 times or so, went at 47% or something like that, blind kicking to Essendon players several times.

I gave votes to Goldy, Who whilst not winning the hit outs gave draper a bath.
CZ, who also beat his opponent and was our best forward.
And Stevo who I thought was damaging in his role at half back and was one of the few able to transition the play.

Jy was probably next for me.

Honestly we have 2 blokes that can claim that during their careers they have been close to that. Cunners and Goldy. 3 if you count Hall's few week stint at GC as a Brownlow contender(pretender). I mean as a squad there is a collective single All Australian honour amongst them.

Everyone one else has either never gotten as close or is still building on potential.

Christ I was banned for merely suggesting Jy wasn't an "absolute superstar" because apparently I say bad things In. Every. Single. Thread.

Yet posters with Half. A. Brain. Or. More would see my posts in LDU, McKay, Hall, Cunners, Perez etc to know better.

Christ I was banned for merely suggesting Jy wasn't an "absolute superstar" because apparently I say bad things In. Every. Single. Thread.

Yet posters with Half. A. Brain. Or. More would see my posts in LDU, McKay, Hall, Cunners, Perez etc to know better.
Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back