Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s an A grader where we need him to be ie: preparation, commitment to the club and his teammates, and attack on the pill.
I can’t argue with that. Do you think it matters that he is leading a young team of A graders (core group) and when on the field he is not even in their league. How long will he be able to lead them before they turn? How long before they start resenting him because he’s got 35 years to go on a contract? How many more team mate burns do you think they can handle?

I can’t argue with that. Do you think it matters that he is leading a young team of A graders (core group) and when on the field he is not even in their league. How long will he be able to lead them before they turn? How long before they start resenting him because he’s got 35 years to go on a contract? How many more team mate burns do you think they can handle?
I don’t think it matters. There might be resentment if he was lazy, selfish and generally a prick of a bloke, but he is clearly the opposite of those things. I’d wager they’d all be extremely grateful to him for doing everything he can to help them play their best footy.

28 possessions, 7 tackles, 2 goals against WC in a rotation that included Wardlaw, Sheezel, LDU, Powell.

Turns up and runs himself into the ground for the team. Love him.
That was his best game he’s ever played. Didn’t you hear his team mates after the game? “Couldn’t believe he kicked em, he never kicks em”

I don’t think it matters. There might be resentment if he was lazy, selfish and generally a prick of a bloke, but he is clearly the opposite of those things. I’d wager they’d all be extremely grateful to him for doing everything he can to help them play their best footy.
Hope you’re right. 2025 is going to be a different year. Lets see if he can keep up

it's legit ****ing wild to have a deranged vendetta against a bloke who has represented our footy club with nothing but distinction and a huge amount of courage as both a player and captain.

what a genuine ****head
No no. You should go back to 2021/2022 and see what I was saying about Jy. I think he has served his purpose. I think the team is going beyond him and that he is a liability for future success. He was great in 21/22 with his leadership in shit years. Phenomenal. I think the team is where its at is because of Clarkson and Viney. If we didn’t have those 2, we might have seen a massive exodus of players.

No no. You should go back to 2021/2022 and see what I was saying about Jy. I think he has served his purpose. I think the team is going beyond him and that he is a liability for future success. He was great in 21/22 with his leadership in shit years. Phenomenal. I think the team is where its at is because of Clarkson and Viney. If we didn’t have those 2, we might have seen a massive exodus of players.
Now he's served his purpose we should piss him off then.

That's the perfect way to get loyalty and commitment from those guns. Good call.

Now he's served his purpose we should piss him off then.

That's the perfect way to get loyalty and commitment from those guns. Good call.
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Chief and Kingy mentioned he was going at 56% by foot in the third quarter of Saturdays game.

They went as far as pretty much calling him the anti-Sheezel.

No one doubts he runs hard and cracks in but if you cannot kick it hurts the team.

He’ll move to half forward next year.
Where he belongs. Let’s leave it at that.

Jy Simpkin – 150 games
The 64th player to play 150 games for the North Melbourne Football Club

Played: 149 Won: 40 Drawn: 1 Lost: 108

Game 1 – Round 1, 2017 v West Coast (Docklands). West Coast 21.10-136 d. North Melbourne 13.15-93
Game 50 – Round 17, 2019 v Essendon (Docklands). Essendon 12.14-86 d. North Melbourne 12.9-81
Game 100 – Round 5, 2022 v Western Bulldogs (Docklands). Western Bulldogs 21.13-139 d. North Melbourne 11.5-71

Disposals
Game High: 41 (Round 20, 2022 v Essendon)
Season High: 592 (2021)
Kicks
Game High: 23 (Round 17, 2021 v West Coast)
Season High: 325 (2021)
Handballs
Game High: 22 (Round 20, 2022 v Essendon)
Season High: 267 (2021)
Marks
Game High: 10 (Round 7, 2023 v Melbourne)
Season High: 96 (2021)

Goals: 59 Behinds: 43

Brownlow Medal Games
Round 16, 2019 v St.Kilda – 1 vote
Round 1, 2020 v St.Kilda – 2 votes
Round 3, 2020 v Sydney – 3 votes
Round 4, 2020 v Hawthorn – 2 votes
Round 10, 2020 v Geelong – 1 vote
Round 19, 2021 v Carlton – 1 vote
Round 4, 2022 v Sydney – 1 vote
Round 18, 2022 v Richmond – 2 votes
Round 20, 2022 v Essendon – 1 vote
Round 22, 2022 v Adelaide – 2 votes

Finals:
Nil

Most Consecutive Games: 63 (Round 7, 2019 v Carlton to Round 8, 2022 v Fremantle)

Has played 149 of 170 games since debut

Honours

2020 – Club Brownlow Best
2021 – North Melbourne Best & Fairest
2021-22 – North Melbourne Vice-Captain
2022 – North Melbourne Best & Fairest
2023- - North Melbourne Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back