Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is if you somehow could roll / join Jy & Lmac into 1 footballer you would make a Lance Piccione at best 🤦‍♂️

Contracted for 5 more years…….
Woaaaah. I thought it was like five years from 2022 or something.
Jesus ****ing christ.
No wonder they’re not giving phill games. They’ve got this campaigner for that long? What a **** up. I can’t wait to learn which teams were circling which is why we needed to pull that type of shit.

Iam generally reluctant to dump on jy but today was simply unnacceptable. And not even potting his lack of skill. Saw him amble off hb late in the game whilat his opponent ran through middle and received a handball from a mid clearance, jy casually jogged 40m behind him all the way to into defence, no pressure, not a worry in the world where he hit up a forward lace out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And one knock away from getting paid out
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

The stats aren't the main issue. His body language is horrible when things aren't going our way. It'd be understandable if he was a sub 20 gamer, but he's a 150 game co-captain. It's inexcusably poor leadership.
Same as lmac. Its Very tough to lead when you know that you arent performing and that you know that your teammates and coaches know that too - i suspect that they need mentors to help them lead. May not be happening. If it is, its not working.
They both think that they can take a hard ball or two - “see they are tough”- and its all good. The reality is that between them, you could count on 1 hand the times that they have positively influenced a game in the last 3 years at least - wce this year a big exception for jy. And many, many momentum killing, gone missing moments instead. And the rest of games- meh. Neither of them are best 22 on form atm. In our side and def not any other afl side. Not even close. Then they play for experience and leadership - which is??
Its not good enough and on the coaches to pick leaders who keep their heads and meet their moment - every time. Otherwise, dont have a leader. The rest look to them and ……

Contracted for 5 more years…….
One of the most bizarre list decisions in afl history. I think it was richmond who loaded up some terrible deals of a few senior players - daffy etc - and were in hell for the next ten which included paying them to play elsewhere. This has that flavour - lmac etc on long term massive overs when there were probably no other buyers …

Putting my stake in the ground and backing him for the future.

His season was physically messed up by the inbred bloke from St Kilda. To still come back and give whatever he has in the tank for the team under duress speaks to his character.

He has talent and deserves the chance to recover fully physically and show us what he's got next year. His form is hardly from a lack of ability or dedication.

Putting my stake in the ground and backing him for the future.

His season was physically messed up by the inbred bloke from St Kilda. To still come back and give whatever he has in the tank for the team under duress speaks to his character.

He has talent and deserves the chance to recover fully physically and show us what he's got next year. His form is hardly from a lack of ability or dedication.
You make it sound like he is coming back from a fatal car crash. He was bumped late on a footy field..

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back