Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Can we piss off with these * is going next year and unsigned threads

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What, you don't think the season long Mackay bashing warrants a response ? ....i'll back my track record on claims any day you wish to compare Kane
Lol, happy for you to keep your track record & for me to keep mine... ;)

Ah, I see. So when you bemoan the quality of discussion that has disappeared from the board over the years you're referring mostly to the trading of "I told you so's"?
Ahhh you want to go down that track do you ......you claim you closed the thread due to the tone of posts abusing a Crows player .....clearly the Mods have an ability to control the tone of posting in various ways .....the fact is you've condoned it, contributed to it & that leads to threads you say you had to close down ......chicken & egg syndrome

Ahhh you want to go down that track do you ......you claim you closed the thread due to the tone of posts abusing a Crows player .....clearly the Mods have an ability to control the tone of posting in various ways .....the fact is you've condoned it, contributed to it & that leads to threads you say you had to close down ......chicken & egg syndrome
I didn't close the thread but carry on. We have closed several threads that have been created purely to bag players.

Mackay played great. Those of us who would like him dropped will have egg on our faces if these performances become semi regular occurrences.

Been saying all year that Dmac is highly underrated and that he is a potential Brownlow medalist should he be used in the right way I.e, not having to focus too heavily on contested posession and tackling due to covering for others in the side.

And you're not taking the piss?

Like you think this is something you should tell others that you've said?

I didn't close the thread but carry on. We have closed several threads that have been created purely to bag players.

Mackay played great. Those of us who would like him dropped will have egg on our faces if these performances become semi regular occurrences.
If you hadn't noticed we changed subjects to the broader topic of the board .....

Yeah, not really.

An analysis of his career to date tells you where this performance fits

If you hadn't noticed we changed subjects to the broader topic of the board .....
You're usually leading the charge complaining about threads going off topic?

Happy to discuss the broader topic further by message if you would like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread going exactly as I expected. That game did not have finals intensity and I had numerous people mention to me that it felt like they were watching an in-season home and away match rather than an elimination final. He found space, did a couple of good things, made a tackle, but did also turn it over. The question I ask is why can't he be held in the same standards as the rest of our list ?? Where are the threads about how good Cheney is based off one game ?? Or where is the thread about how good Luke Brown is ?? It would take some significant use of the search function, cos they aren't on the front page. An average to good game for any other player is just expected but when it's Mackay with the average to good game, it brings out huge wraps and accolades from just about everybody. Mackay is a liability and I aint holding my breath waiting for the next time a thread like this appears. It aint going to be next week I promise !! Of the 6 sides left in the finals, try and name one player more maligned by his own fans.

You're usually leading the charge complaining about threads going off topic?

Happy to discuss the broader topic further by message if you would like
Nah .....gets too philosophical for an internet forum ....i just want some good football discussion, not bullying that goes on, which doesn't personally affect me in any way .....but has resulted in quality posters leaving or posting less because of the lack of good discussion.

But you're on record of not caring and preferring the banter (bay13) .....so no use discussing, this boards direction will always be dictated by the posting styles of posters b4 they become mods .......thoroughly enjoy having Hank as a Mod, and i think the leading candidates for the next Mod will be good as well

So Mackay downhills one good game in an 11 goal thrashing, of a side who in most years would not make finals, and some people feel vindicated? Just wait until he goes missing next week under the extreme pressure the Swans are gonna bring...

So Mackay downhills one good game in an 11 goal thrashing, of a side who in most years would not make finals, and some people feel vindicated? Just wait until he goes missing next week under the extreme pressure the Swans are gonna bring...
Mmmm ......IIRC Mackay was best in the first qtr when the game was still to be won .....now which game were you watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Back