Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Can we piss off with these * is going next year and unsigned threads

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As you all know I've been extremely critical of David Mackay, especially in the last few seasons.

Tonight he showed the quality that is hiding within. Elite disposal, especially by foot (95% DE!), with good run and carry. Contributed around the stoppages with a couple of clearances. Tackled well and applied pressure. No kicking long to the contest and no horrible clangers.

I literally thought he was incapable of such a performance given his past finals. But he stood up to be one of our best tonight. Kudos Mackay!
He was very good tonight. Best game of his career. I never thought id say that. Humble pie is delicious.

He was definitely good. Still a bit uncertain as to whether he'd back it up next week though, and there's still every possibility he will return to invisibility.

He was obviously picked for the capability to play that sort of game. But he has had an awful lot of chances. Probably was close to being dropped for Henderson. Maybe he got the rocket of a lifetime after the WCE game with a do or die last chance ultimatum and like a legend he came through with the goods. But was awesome to watch.

As you all know I've been extremely critical of David Mackay, especially in the last few seasons.

Tonight he showed the quality that is hiding within. Elite disposal, especially by foot (95% DE!), with good run and carry. Contributed around the stoppages with a couple of clearances. Tackled well and applied pressure. No kicking long to the contest and no horrible clangers.

I literally thought he was incapable of such a performance given his past finals. But he stood up to be one of our best tonight. Kudos Mackay!

Wat? He was easily our best player in the collingwood final at teh MCG (the 'right in front of me' game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only one direction he can go in now....sorry but one game doesn't change who he is

Not at all, but he's earned the praise he gets now.

Hopefully the next 3 games are at that level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Back