Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Can we piss off with these * is going next year and unsigned threads

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed his form slowly improving over the last 4 games and even thought he gave a great effort against the Eagles when so many others didn't. He'll have to play this well again next week to help us get over the line against Sydney (still can't believe how bad Sydney looked in that last quarter and a half against GWS).

Last edited:

Been saying all year that Dmac is highly underrated and that he is a potential Brownlow medalist should he be used in the right way I.e, not having to focus too heavily on contested posession and tackling due to covering for others in the side.

Tonight my boy shone and Im feeling this is just a taste. Great breakout game Dmac!

Thought Thommo played pretty well tonight also. Never doubted him.

Great game tonight.

He has to make that his standard now.

We say that 3 times every year. But definitely a good game, similar to his Port game earlier in the year. Needs to back it up next week when the game will be tighter and space at a premium. Not convinced he can, but much happier him going in with that behind him than if he'd had a poor one. Deserves praise for tonight, no doubt.

You can see why the selectors pick him.

Clearly has as ability, and he delivered when it mattered today.

At his best he provide run, good link up play, reasonable kick of the ball.

Very important he delivers with these attributes against the Swans. Consistency isn't his strength though.....

As you all know I've been extremely critical of David Mackay, especially in the last few seasons.

Tonight he showed the quality that is hiding within. Elite disposal, especially by foot (95% DE!), with good run and carry. Contributed around the stoppages with a couple of clearances. Tackled well and applied pressure. No kicking long to the contest and no horrible clangers.

I literally thought he was incapable of such a performance given his past finals. But he stood up to be one of our best tonight. Kudos Mackay!
HYPOCRITE !

Agreed, consistency has been an issue, but tonight he showed why he's selected
Rubbish ....you and most other simply said he's a liability ......why the f...k don't you stick to your season long conviction & stop being a hypocrite .....fact is you haven't a clue re players performances / roles / team stuctures .......so stop pretending

Rubbish ....you and most other simply said he's a liability ......why the f...k don't you stick to your season long conviction & stop being a hypocrite .....fact is you haven't a clue re players performances / roles / team stuctures .......so stop pretending

Not sure you know what a hypocrite is Wayne. Mackay was poor in most games this season until tonight. In fact, if anything, his quality performance today makes his games earlier this season more disappointing because he didn't play to the standard he is capable of

He was obviously picked for the capability to play that sort of game. But he has had an awful lot of chances. Probably was close to being dropped for Henderson. Maybe he got the rocket of a lifetime after the WCE game with a do or die last chance ultimatum and like a legend he came through with the goods. But was awesome to watch.
You do realise that he was one of our best players in that game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahahaha

one good game and now it's time for you to tee off, go hard mate I guess it might be your only chance

Not sure you know what a hypocrite is Wayne. Mackay was poor in most games this season until tonight. In fact, if anything, his quality performance today makes his games earlier this season more disappointing because he didn't play to the standard he is capable of
Oh STOP IT ! .....i've had enough of your rubbish ON THIS SUBJECT!

To be fair, Mackay's best games have been serviceable to above average. HIs worst have been diabolical.

Tonight, his game was superior. He's being acknowledged for it. No need to pick a fight.

hahahaha

one good game and now it's time for you to tee off, go hard mate I guess it might be your only chance
Haven't been on the board a while heh? ........i've teed off all year on the ignorant Mackay bashers .....can't tackle (Goldstein) ....can't mark .....handballs too much ......the ignorance on player assessment is frankly laughable

To be fair, Mackay's best games have been serviceable to above average. HIs worst have been diabolical.

Tonight, his game was superior. He's being acknowledged for it. No need to pick a fight.
That's your opinion .....the selectors clearly have stated you're wrong in that assessment!

Or are you going to tarnish your reputation as well ....by saying that the selectors have no idea and are trying to lose by playing Mackay :rolleyes:

Put simply ....at what point do you admit you're clearly wrong

I wasn't aware I had to stick to my opinions from yesterday despite new evidence.
Of course not .......changing game by game .....quarter by quarter ....would ideally fit the job selection profile for a Richmond recruiter :rolleyes:

It's not hypocritical to acknowledge when a player has a good game. Doesn't mean the other criticisms are invalid. Just shows a poster isn't a self-righteous buffoon.
Ahhh the ol deflection technique ......some posters simply can't handle being exposed for their ignorance, can they ;) .....brings out the dark side of people

Oh STOP IT ! .....i've had enough of your rubbish ON THIS SUBJECT!

Wayne melt again, take your meds son, the excitement if the night has got to you. Posters are free to correctly assess Mackay's game as being very good after a season of mostly poir to average. I'm sure the B&F voters will agree. Now take those tablets little fella.

That's your opinion .....the selectors clearly have stated you're wrong in that assessment!

Or are you going to tarnish your reputation as well ....by saying that the selectors have no idea and are trying to lose by playing Mackay :rolleyes:

Put simply ....at what point do you admit you're clearly wrong

Wayne on strawman duty, the melt continues. He he.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread #14 David Mackay - 14 possessions again

Back