AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Wins Yiooken in first game back - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost feel sorry for him for the shit teams he'll be playing in over his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably wrong, like to think so anyway. One word...SAGA.

We owe a few players, for ******* with their careers. Until they are all gone, then the proper rebuild will begin.
Think we're past that

What's impressed me with him is his defensive intensity has taken a major step up. He was always a good kick that wasn't a problem but I reckon credit where its due he's improved the defensive side of his game a lot. I think that's probably what the coaches wanted him to work on last year. We also were relatively strong for his position with Gleeson as a clear like for like (not forgetting we've got McKenna, Saad and Redman as smalls who are all quality).

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go through the midfield at some point. Players with poise who can deliver into 50 are worth their weight in gold.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go through the midfield at some point. Players with poise who can deliver into 50 are worth their weight in gold.
No need - midfield is already stacked with 6’3 gazelles who are as strong in the air as they are at ground level....right?

Ridley and Redman may well be natural defenders but at some point we need to look at them midfield just for the balance of the team. We can actually hold up in defence without them as we are stacked for small and medium defenders.

No need - midfield is already stacked with 6’3 gazelles who are as strong in the air as they are at ground level....right?

Ridley and Redman may well be natural defenders but at some point we need to look at them midfield just for the balance of the team. We can actually hold up in defence without them as we are stacked for small and medium defenders.

Alternatively; have Ridley and Redman being long term defenders and draft actual midfielders taller than 6’0”

I don’t mind the premise, but think those guys aren’t natural accumulators or midfielders as much as they seem to be defenders.

Having reliable kicks exiting our D50 will be a luxury for once since Fletcher retired.

Alternatively; have Ridley and Redman being long term defenders and draft actual midfielders taller than 6’0”

I don’t mind the premise, but think those guys aren’t natural accumulators or midfielders as much as they seem to be defenders.

Having reliable kicks exiting our D50 will be a luxury for once since Fletcher retired.
If we draft someone who appears to be a better midfield prospect and isn’t a midget then I’m all for that. Our track record in this department isn’t great though.

He'd be taller than 192 now, 194-95 and genuine CHB.
Wasted as a KPP personally.

Much rather him as a Andrew Mackie/Grant Birchall type who were both 6'4" as well. His disposal is too available and we need him peeling off to counter attack.

Also would require him to put 6-8kg on at least which would hinder his mobility.

If we draft someone who appears to be a better midfield prospect and isn’t a midget then I’m all for that. Our track record in this department isn’t great though.

Hibberd and/or Clarke should both get a decent run at midfield time at AFL level before we try to convert Ridley in to an inside midfielder imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Wins Yiooken in first game back - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back