Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Losses under 10 points tend to be random (see Collingwood this year). Anyone who says differently has been sucked into a gamblers phalacy that you can predict future radom occurances with past ones.

I just want us to win the close ones that matter, but holy hell it hurts.

Loss sucks but I'm fine with it. In know people are going to say we lost in a closet one again, but we played for a half with no Rampe, Papley and Hayward on one leg, and the last sequence had: Parker front on not paid, Macluggage a clear throw and then Dunkley lying on the ball not paid.

Most other teams wouldn't be that close.

That was poor in my opinion.

We were obviously up against it given our outs + rotations throughout the game + shithouse umpiring all day.

And yet...

We had plenty of chances and squandered most of them. Missed kicks and handballs. Bombing to outnumbered contests inside 50 all day. Being turnstiles when it was time to stick tackles. And failing to convert so many gettable shots at goal.

That's all on us.

Just so many players out of form. Injuries now hitting hard. We'll find out what this group are made of over the next month or so, cause the previous month has been pretty shite in all honesty.

Positives to start:

Melican was fantastic. Bathed all their tall forwards
Cunningham also held Cameron well
The effort to run out the game with 2 big injuries.
Speaking of effort: Hayward to not only stay out there but to kick 2 on 1 leg
Fox just proving he is a backman not a forward. Played well when Rampe went down
Corey Warner looked really good
Campbell also looked better when up the ground
Think we did quite well despite not getting a HTB all game

Negatives:
Another close loss sucks
Blakey's form has fallen off a cliff
McCartin's start
The whole team's start, really

Hope Rampe and Papley are OK for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing 3 players in about 10 minutes would make it tough on any side.
Incredible effort to only go down by two, kudos to Tommy Mc down the back.
Still scratching my head how Hipwood can tunnel a player, and no free kick and to add salt to the wound Brisbane get a goal out of it. FMD

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back