Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a pile of dog shit.
That last play getting done holding the ball. Zero awareness.

Shocker. Has played 7 bad quarters now since getting off the chain.

Lacks physical strength.

Can’t absorb a tackle to give himself an opportunity to get a ball out to a team mate.

Always collapses at the knees the moment he gets tackled.

Gawn mentioned afterwards that Goodwin had identified earlier in the week that when North win Larkey’s BOG or close to.

They made a point of doing all possible to quell his influence and it worked.

We almost won. F***!

Gawn mentioned afterwards that Goodwin had identified earlier in the week that when North win Larkey’s BOG or close to.

They made a point of doing all possible to quell his influence and it worked.

We almost won. F***!
It will continue till we get a key 1st banana 🍌 🍌. Place holders such as trakle and pink have to dine out on this scenario. But at least now we have a couple of options. Zane if he can bulk up presently i see aa the next biggest threat.

Love him but needs to keep it a bit simpler when in possession in open play. Is approaching Harry Madden speed of brain signal travelling to limbs at times.

Tough night against a quality opponent but they happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him but needs to keep it a bit simpler when in possession in open play. Is approaching Harry Madden speed of brain signal travelling to limbs at times.

Tough night against a quality opponent but they happen.
Yeah. He's been caught a few times up field now (I know he's usually up there due to reading the play at a crucial moment) and struggles to judge the same as in the forward line where he has it on a string 1 v 1.

Despite him having a down night, I liked how others stepped up to fill the void. To be able to come back like we did in that last qtr with Larkey having zero influence says to me that others are stepping up and that can only be a good thing IMO.

Despite him having a down night, I liked how others stepped up to fill the void. To be able to come back like we did in that last qtr with Larkey having zero influence says to me that others are stepping up and that can only be a good thing IMO.

Great point. Used to be that we'd just kick it to Larkey and pray he marks it. Teams are still blanketing him hard to dull his influence, but our goals are popping from everyone else now. Free Souv up by pairing him with a second, more brutish KPF and we will look very deadly up forward.

Sounds like we are trying to play Nick further up the ground to get him more involved when things aren’t working. I like this. Means we don’t have to be so reliant on him, makes it harder for other teams to decide who we will kick to to when going forward, isolating Curtis at ff so he can utilise his strength is another reason.

Needs to move more.
And unfortunately this is not a new complaint.

I thought he had turned the corner last year with his leads and work rate and he ended up with a giant haul of goals as a result.

But this last month we are back to the bad old habits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back