2009 Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ot pll saying he could the the replacement to crawf.. i kno his cheap but i wld still say a risk of som sort i need to watch another nab game to have a betta idea

bachar houli

Just trying to pick a couple of value defenders which players do you think are worth getting out of adam hunter, tim callan, courtney dempsey, andrew raines and ryan houlihan. or any other suggestions. ill probly pick about 3 of them ??

Just want to get your thoughts on goose mguire very cheap but has the game moved on to much for him to score?
also jesse smith, jacob suran? i need a defender in this price range..

Just want to get your thoughts on goose mguire very cheap but has the game moved on to much for him to score?
also jesse smith, jacob suran? i need a defender in this price range..

Jesse Smith should get a fair run barring injury I reckon. Sounds like the best punt out of the three. :thumbsu:

Ha! Ha! Ha! :D

Thats like picking up Keppler Bradley and starting him in your 22 but 10 times worse. :p

He will be lucky to play 3 game this year, mark it down.:thumbsu:

Mark Thompson on Tenace:

"He’s one of the guys that hasn’t been able to get a game in our best 22 over the last couple of years," he said of Tenace, who had 23 touches.
"He has got ability and we’re going to try to give him opportunities and find ways to get him a game. He’s got a big part to play by playing the sort of footy he played tonight."

not that i'm going anywhere near him but he will definitely play more than 3 games this year.

Thompson will rotate the fringe players a lot more this season i think. he won't want to get to the end of the season and run out of options again.

Yeah I wouldn't pick Tenace.. Bomber is just trying to keep up morale there I reckon.

Anyway.

Rhan Hooper?

i just don't think he gets enough of the ball. he only averaged 10 possessions in 20 games last year. and then there's the off-field stuff on top of that.

from the Prospectus:

Rhan Hooper played 20 games last year, winning 184 fewer uncontested possessions than his direct opponents across the H&A season - the worst performed player in the competition.

sorry if these payers have been done but what does everybody think of drummond and brennan?
I have a feeling this will be brennans breakthrough year and drummond would be in most teams at this price if injuries wernt a concern
Any help is much appreciated:)

sorry if these payers have been done but what does everybody think of drummond and brennan?
I have a feeling this will be brennans breakthrough year and drummond would be in most teams at this price if injuries wernt a concern

Drummond is in my team, no question. Even if he does get injured he'll be pulling down big enough scores that he'll be at a great price if you have to trade him.

Brennan had a great season last year, but being someone who can play any position, his moving around can lead to erratic scores.

brennan...makes me nervous. never know what he's going to do. If there was a stat for runnning around in circles while holding the ball in one hand id say pick him for sure

drummond. capable of being a 600k player. has never played 22 games though? Is 490k so you'll only get another 100k outa him really. Stuff it, I just went and spent an extra 60k and got me-self goddard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive got 460k to spend in the midfield. who would be the best midfielder for this price or lower????

ive got 460k to spend in the midfield. who would be the best midfielder for this price or lower????

Griffen (435k) could be a very handy pick up.
Travis Boak (454k) Rhys Shaw (445k) and Jason Winderlich (437k) are worth a look as well imo. all have varying degrees of risk that come with them though. it really depends on what sort of player you want to pick up with that money as there are a lot of good players in the price range

alternatively you could go lower and take someone like Masten (306k) and use the 150k saved to upgrade elsewhere

I think this thread has gone a little off track, you're meant to name a player, someone gives a comment and they name a player. And so the cycle continues...

I'll get it started again

Simon Goodwin?

Griffen (435k) could be a very handy pick up.
Travis Boak (454k) Rhys Shaw (445k) and Jason Winderlich (437k) are worth a look as well imo. all have varying degrees of risk that come with them though. it really depends on what sort of player you want to pick up with that money as there are a lot of good players in the price range
Pearce, Simpson, Houli are 3 to look at in that range.

Simon Goodwin?
Too old for me. There are younger options at that price. He'll still score well, he's a very good player, but I'm going with someone younger.

Kane Cornes - and specifically:

"Is anyone else concerned that Kane's average took a big jump as soon as Josh Carr left Port to join Fremantle? Will his return see a drop in scores or was that merely a coincidence?"

Don't see how it would have mattered Josh Carr is a tagger and so is Kane Cornes so its not like Kane Cornes would have been getting tagged as he is a tagger.

The only logical explanation I have would be possession thefts from: Chad Cornes moving to MID from DEF/FWD, recruitment of Rodan, emergence of young guns/mature guns (especially recently) such as Pearce, Boak, Salopek and Rodan.

Ive got Ziebell starting as my rookie forward.

Is there anybody better around his price range? Im a little skeptical on whether Laidley will give the kid games.

Every facking year I get rolled by Laidley and his inability to play the first year guys. In saying that I still have him in my side but Ben Reid is only $2K more and I will just about guarantee he will play the first few rounds. So I am thinking I will pleay Reid as my 7th forward and have Ziebell on the bench. I can then trade him for a rookie that is actually playing and will be going up in value if he doesn't get an early game.....maybe????

I think this thread has gone a little off track, you're meant to name a player, someone gives a comment and they name a player. And so the cycle continues...

I'll get it started again

Simon Goodwin?

Pretty good fwd option I think. If he's playing at half back and this year is the year of even uglier football, he's probably going to get a lot of cheap kicks and marks while trying to break through a zone. Not to mention he should have a more balanced scoring pattern than actual forwards.

im pretty sure there is much betta at that price and less.. i think those 2 inpartucular r to high

brent harvey in the forward line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back