2009 Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Malceski and Houlihan are the safer bets.

Re: Fisher, i think he;ll still play the same role, Dawson i believe is lining up at full back (whatever that's worth) so Fisher is still has safe as houses i reckon.

Mine: Ben Reid, still seems a no hoper but as a last fwd he could be a better choice than some of the rookies who may or may not get alot of games.

I wouldn't go with Reid. Even when he plays well i dont think he will score heavily but he is a good price for a player that has a couple of seasons under his belt. I expect him to play 10-15 games.

This has probably been done but the circumstances have changed. I particularly would like some info from brisbane fans.
DANIEL RICH

I really can't decide on Riewoldt or Pavlich. The big Pav has served me so well in the past too.

Am a bit worried about Harvey trying to turn him into a permanent midfielder but apparently he dominated in the practice match against Juddy last night.

Riewoldt I fear may start off slow and sluggish too.

What to do what to do?
Im not sure on Riewoldt or Pav, ive gone for harvey..

Is anyone considering starting with a 94ker on the field? I am contemplating Mitch Brown (WCE). He is a certainty to play CHB, and he owned Pav in the practice derby (i think he got about 22 disposals and 5 marks).

What are everyones thoughts?

That is why your no good :p

But seriously, Murphy doesn't compare to Burgoyne in SC.

I'm hearing Burgoyne's pretty underdone though? Anyone with more information? Been reading that his been hampered with hamstring tendonitis and won't be playing at 100% this year. Probably the only thing scaring me off

Im assuming you're talking about Shaun, im much the same, he played in their praccy match against St Kilda whenever that was and apparently did a couple of good things. Im tossing up between him and Cross for my 3rd mid. Cross = safe, Sburg = dangerous.

Im assuming you're talking about Shaun, im much the same, he played in their praccy match against St Kilda whenever that was and apparently did a couple of good things. Im tossing up between him and Cross for my 3rd mid. Cross = safe, Sburg = dangerous.
in s. burgoynes first preseason match (rd3 nab challenge) he scored 115 DT points(sorry, havent found the SC points, but they would have been big). Looking at that, i think he's over any injury he had.

in s. burgoynes first preseason match (rd3 nab challenge) he scored 115 DT points(sorry, havent found the SC points, but they would have been big). Looking at that, i think he's over any injury he had.

port always torches saints over there. He's enticing, especially given Port's early run against luggage sides.

Defenders under $200K????????? Take out Grimes and Hill - I know about them

Collier
Henderson
Danny Stanley
Spangher

Hmmmm............

port always torches saints over there. He's enticing, especially given Port's early run against luggage sides.

Defenders under $200K????????? Take out Grimes and Hill - I know about them

Collier
Henderson
Danny Stanley
Spangher

Hmmmm............
Grimes and Hill are the only genuine picks that you would want starting on the field. But if your will to spend just $234 700 you could get jarryn geary. He will be a great get this year. I have only chosen grimes ahead of him becasue he is that bit cheaper. geary will play midfield for the saints particulary in the absence of St. Harvey.

Also, Is ziebell the only forward at his price or less worth getting?
(I dont think gumby or grant are up to it)

Anyone gone off the boil with S Pendlebury? :confused:

I must change with the wind, but yeah I've cooled on him. Very svelte and silky player, but the Ling tag blocked him out. I hope to acquire him in the future, but will probably look elsewhere at his price early season.

Probably to my detriment, but 14 touches in a clutch game wasn't too flash.

Grimes and Hill are the only genuine picks that you would want starting on the field. But if your will to spend just $234 700 you could get jarryn geary. He will be a great get this year. I have only chosen grimes ahead of him becasue he is that bit cheaper. geary will play midfield for the saints particulary in the absence of St. Harvey.

Also, Is ziebell the only forward at his price or less worth getting?
(I dont think gumby or grant are up to it)

I reckon the Jack love is dissipating. I'm so fickle, but I am nervous about Laidley and instead have gone broader with my 3 lower mids.

Geary over his umpire injury yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah pretty much since the NAB cup game he's been apparently quiet.I'll definitely have M Brown as an emergency. Still think Jack will get games.

prob anthony ahead of ziebell now, and laidley is not a sc friend...

Agreed. Laidley sunk me with Scott Thompson last year. I like Zieball but would like him more if he played for a different team

Not much talk about Simon Goodwin this year

thoughts ne1?

are Rich, Ziebell and Hill going to play the majority of games this year?

i feel as though Hill has a spot in fremantles best 22, but Rich and Ziebell im not sure about.

best defender under 200k. lots are picking hill but im ont sure if hell play many games. thoughts??

Agreed. Laidley sunk me with Scott Thompson last year. I like Zieball but would like him more if he played for a different team

Not much talk about Simon Goodwin this year

thoughts ne1?

I have Goodwin atm :thumbsu: From reports im hearing he will be playing more of a half back role this year like he did in the NAB against Geelong and if zones are still the trends could find some verrrry easy possesions coming his way. Was also voted crows "player of the week" last week at training if that means anything :p

For mine im wondering on a defender of around 300,000ish currently have Myers (will be a gun) but reports suggest he is in doubt for round 1. would be tempted to tough through his zero as i think my reserves will play but if he doesnt come up for round 2 i could be in some real strife.... thoughts on players?

I was thinking L Hansen? (already have Houlihan)

With Gumby possibly missing R1+ who would be a good 94k rookie to take his place?
The obvious picks would be Walker and Brown, are there any others who will get a game?

And to TCFH, Fox Sports just reported that Essendon are saying Myers should be fit for R1.

Eddy got injured by the umpire. Geary is fit. Although he is 100% not in the saints best 22!

Heh- certainly not yet. I kinda like watching him, but only in short bursts- it doesn't take long for him to do something that annoys me...
Eddy is a much better prospect (as long as he can steer clear of kamikaze umps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back