Schammer Delist
Crowley Sign
Palmer GWS
Houghton Delist
Bollenhagen Delist
Hayden Retire
Hinkley Sign
Grover (vet - outside the list) Sign

Not sure why you would delist Houghton. He has been out for most of the year with a broken hand and has only been on the list for 2 years.

Sign Houghton and Bolly, if his attitude hasn't been a problem. Cut Hinkley and raffle off Johnson, Schammer, Crowly and Palmer to GWS for whatever we can get.

WA invite list for the Draft Combine and State Screenings, for those who are interested. And Brad Hill has been invited to the Combine...

Western Australian Draft Combine Invitees

Joel Hamling (C), Tom Mitchell (C), Marley Williams (C), Cameron Eardley (EF), Elliot Yeo (EF), Nathan Blee (EP), Fraser McInnes (P), Brendon Ah Chee (SF), Myles Bolger (SF), Shane Kersten (SF), Steven Verrier (SF), Stephen Coniglio (SD), Corey Gault (SD), Alex Howard (SD), Murray Newman (SD), Bradley Hill (WP), Jordan Lockyer (WP), Shane Nelson (WP).

Western Australian State Screening Invitees

Tom Lee (C), Kane Mitchell (C), Angelo Thomas (C), Jordan Dorotich (EF), Max Duffy (EF), Matthew Jupp (EF), Cameron Symonds (EF), Dale Wallam (EF), Freddie Clutterbuck (EP), Kieran Butcher (PT), Alex Devitt (PT), Ryan Mulgrave (PT), Jordan Whythes (PT), Michael Florio (P), Cory Dell'Olio (SF), Haiden Schloite (SF), Justin Joyce (S), Nathan Broad (SD), Mark Hutchings (WP).

Certainly much less to get excited about in that bunch than in previous years.

Really hope we get McInnes.

Hill is interesting. Has had some very good games this year. Is still a rake - even more so than his brother. Put some weight on such kids and they can really blossom. The upside can be enormous.

Marley Williams could be in the mix. Good skills. Need to increase his fitness - but that also indicates upside also.

Kersten - I'm not so sure still. Prefer Dobosz.

With a lot of clubs potentially using compensation picks in next years draft (potentially up to 10 extra picks in the first 1-2 rounds), it can potentially be seen as a compromised draft also. I like the idea of using any compo pick for Rhys to get Jaeger (plus experienced player). If we fail at that, I wouldn't be too shattered to use it this year. We could end up with Pick 16/17 if used this year which could nett us McInnes/Dobosz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/sport/9954055/wafl-draft-watch-luke-blackwell/

Krakouer overshadowed him last year but there's no hiding him this year, he'd have won the Sandover last year if it wasn't for Kraks, this season he's improved markedly - increasing his tackle count drastically as well as his disposal %. We've already been rumoured to be interested but now it seems we might have to pull the trigger earlier.

How dare they put Barlow in the same category as this hack:

The success of Subiaco's Greg Broughton at Fremantle in 2009 has paved the way for other mature-aged players to find their way onto an AFL list. Michael Barlow, Andrew Strijk, James Podsiadly and Andrew Krakouer are just some of the players who have grabbed that opportunity with both hands.

WA invite list for the Draft Combine and State Screenings, for those who are interested. And Brad Hill has been invited to the Combine...

Western Australian Draft Combine Invitees

Joel Hamling (C), Tom Mitchell (C), Marley Williams (C), Cameron Eardley (EF), Elliot Yeo (EF), Nathan Blee (EP), Fraser McInnes (P), Brendon Ah Chee (SF), Myles Bolger (SF), Shane Kersten (SF), Steven Verrier (SF), Stephen Coniglio (SD), Corey Gault (SD), Alex Howard (SD), Murray Newman (SD), Bradley Hill (WP), Jordan Lockyer (WP), Shane Nelson (WP).

Western Australian State Screening Invitees

Tom Lee (C), Kane Mitchell (C), Angelo Thomas (C), Jordan Dorotich (EF), Max Duffy (EF), Matthew Jupp (EF), Cameron Symonds (EF), Dale Wallam (EF), Freddie Clutterbuck (EP), Kieran Butcher (PT), Alex Devitt (PT), Ryan Mulgrave (PT), Jordan Whythes (PT), Michael Florio (P), Cory Dell'Olio (SF), Haiden Schloite (SF), Justin Joyce (S), Nathan Broad (SD), Mark Hutchings (WP).

Do you know anything about Alex Devitt Chris?

Is he the son of Brian Devitt (owner and winemaker of Ashbrook Estate). It wouldn't surprise me if he is, as he's (Brian) a big unit and was apparently a very good footballer and cricketer in his day.

Of the others and outside the obvious one's, I liked the look of Jupp at the championships this year.

Looks like Surjan and Bower will be on the table or available in the pre-season draft.

Can't recall much of Surjan. Smallish defender. Can he play a lockdown role on the Milne's, Eddie Betts type forwards of the AFL that always seem to kill us?

Looks like Surjan and Bower will be on the table or available in the pre-season draft.

Can't recall much of Surjan. Smallish defender. Can he play a lockdown role on the Milne's, Eddie Betts type forwards of the AFL that always seem to kill us?

They better not take Surjan, 27 next yr injury prone and cant get a game for port no thank you very much... Possibly take Bower in the PSD but wouldnt give up anyone decent for him. Carl can take their pick from Schammer, Hinkley, Crowley or Pearce but no draft picks!!!

My opinion of Players out of Contract 2011
Johnson- At his best he is really good but he has been far from it this yr however he offers a lot of versatility as a back up KPP so sign
Schammer- Must have already been told hes not playing for us again
Hinkley- Was only on a 1yr contract and didnt make the most of it- cut
Crowley- I'm not really a fan and has been in and out of the side this yr so def not in our best 22- I say cut but there is a gd chance he will get kept
Palmer- Trade for whatever we can get for him GWS will be best option for us
Hayden- retire
Houghton- Sign
Bollenhagen- Good first yr, unlucky 2nd yr but I dont like his chances have a lot of his types now (Walters, mellington, mitchie, plus ballas and mayne)
Grover- Veteran and probably one of his best seasons- Sign

Rookies
Shepheard, Sibasado and Pearce- all third yr rookies so can no longer be kept on the rookie list. Shep, Sib failed to play Pearce couldnt hold his spot so I doubt they will be kept
Roberts- body not up to afl level
Bucovaz- keep
Ruffles- his knees cant go on

Next year is the super draft.

I'd have no issues with keeping any compo pick we get for Palmer.

1) Using our first and second round picks only.
2) Possibly the two best talls at each end we can get or best tall and an inside mid.
3) Upgrading Lower as the 3rd compulsory pick. Possibly Clancee too on a one year deal.
4) Looking to trade Johnson and Duffield for O'Meara. f it's not good enough, so be it. Look to trade the next year.
5) De-listing Hinkley, Byron, Shepheard and Sibisado.
6) Using the Rookie draft on some talls Hartigan etc. If they see enough in Sibisado de-list then re-rookie.

Then next year guys like Van Berlo, Crowley, Pearce, Hayden, ruffles and Bucovaz need to be looked at and could provide the space to go a little harder at the super draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back