2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The trial run of the BigFooty Phantom Draft is just about over, and I've finished up with our selections. How did I do?

Also, head over to the phantom draft board for all the other write ups.

I really like the first two picks, in particular Clay Smith. Sounds like a great fit.

Has Newman proven to be a good/dangerous small forward? And when we're talking pace, are we talking Jeff Garlett pace (jet)? Or Ballantyne pace (marginally slower jet)? Or DeBoer pace (fast)?

Another thing about this years compromised draft is that Port, GC and probably Brisbane will all finish winning four games or less. Doesnt this mean that they will all get compensation picks at the end of the first round? That means even if nobody nominates to use their other compensation picks from GC and GWS that the first selection in round 2 will be at pick 29 pushing our later picks out just that bit further in a supposed weak draft.

As it stands currently...:

1. Johnson
2. Crowley
3. Palmer
4. Houghton
5. Bollenhagen
6. Hinkley
7. Silvagni
Grover (vet - outside the list)

8. Suban
9. McPhee
10. Ibbotson
11. Crichton
12. Roberton
13. de Boer
14. van Berlo
15. McPharlin
16. Walters
17. Faulks
18. Griffin
19. Michie
20. Mellington

21. Hill
22. Broughton
23. Anthony
24. Clarke
25. Mayne
26. Bradley
27. Mzungu
28. Pitt
29. Morabito

30. Pavlich
31. Mundy
32. Duffield
33. Ballantyne
34. Sandilands
35. Barlow
36. Fyfe

Rookies
1. Grover - vet outside list
2. Lower
3. Pearce
4. Bucovaz
5. Sibosado
6. Shepheard
7. Roberts
8. Ruffles

OUT
1. Schammer - retired
2. Hayden - retired

IN
Nil as yet

Senior list vacancies: 2
Rookie list vacancies: Nil as yet (although technically there are 3 as Pearce, Sibosado and Shepheard all have to be elevated or delisted after 3 years on the rookie list - but no announcements as yet, so will leave it as it is.)

haha... look at the 2014 list - it reminds me of the old Sesame Street song One of these things is not like the other... :eek:

imo out of all the mature age players ive seen in the wafl in the past couple of years
if you want a pacy midfielder/forward pocket you get alroy gilligan
you want a tough inside midfielder you go for luke blackwell
if you want a tough, quick back pocket you go for graham jetta
and whilst not technically a wafl player, if you want a competitive kpf with some runs on the board then you go for callum wilson

just my 2 bobs worth

As it stands currently...:

1. Johnson - retain
2. Crowley - delist
3. Palmer - trade to GWS
4. Houghton - retain
5. Bollenhagen - Rookie list
6. Hinkley - retain
Grover (vet - outside the list)

7. Suban
8. McPhee - delist at end of 2012
9. Ibbotson
10. Crichton
11. Roberton
12. de Boer
13. Silvagni
14. van Berlo - delist at end of 2012
15. McPharlin
16. Walters
17. Faulks
18. Griffin - trade to Port
19. Michie
20. Mellington

21. Hill
22. Broughton
23. Anthony
24. Clarke
25. Mayne
26. Bradley
27. Mzungu
28. Pitt
29. Morabito

30. Pavlich move to veterens
31. Mundy
32. Duffield
33. Ballantyne
34. Sandilands
35. Barlow
36. Fyfe

Rookies
1. Grover - vet outside list
2. Lower - elevate
3. Pearce - elevate
4. Bucovaz - retain
5. Sibosado - delist
6. Shepheard - delist
7. Roberts - retain
8. Ruffles - retain

OUT
1. Schammer - retired
2. Hayden - retired

IN
Clark ( bris )
Mcinnes ( draft )
Manson ( draft )
Blackwell ( draft )

I think most people are in agreeance that we need a KPF and Freo have made it clear that they are going to be agressive in trade talks this year. They have also made it clear that we dont want Fev (who is the best KPF available but has a lot of baggage).

What are people's thoughts about targeting Tomahawk. He seems to be stagnating at the Cattery - has good size, has ability but something is not clicking down there. Maybe a change of scenary could be what he needs.

The other obvious choice is targeting Dawes which has been discussed briefly in other threads.

I think most people are in agreeance that we need a KPF and Freo have made it clear that they are going to be agressive in trade talks this year. They have also made it clear that we dont want Fev (who is the best KPF available but has a lot of baggage).

What are people's thoughts about targeting Tomahawk. He seems to be stagnating at the Cattery - has good size, has ability but something is not clicking down there. Maybe a change of scenary could be what he needs.

The other obvious choice is targeting Dawes which has been discussed briefly in other threads.

would much rather hawkins over clark. dawes is ok but i think he gets made to look better than he really is by being in a dominant team..

tbh i would like to see how a fwd line of anthony and pav would function first as that wasnt really given a chance this year but i think we've got our heart set on bringing someone in :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see one S Kersten has kicked a lazy 7 to 3/4 time in the colts so far.

Could be a good pickup for 1st round. Will not last to 2nd round.

facepalm.jpg

Really? I think Hawkins is still yet to peak, but Dawes looking good in a dominant team is better than what Hawkins has shown in a dominant team.

i guess thats because to me it looks as if dawes is already playing pretty close to his potential whereas hawkins could be a beast if he put it all together. i dont think the chances of that happening are very high tho..

Read on one of the phantom drafts that freo's first pick will be Jordan Lockyer.
I've only seen him on the tele a few times,looked pretty impressive.
Similar height to SNOS & same courage,FEARLESS.:thumbsu:
Is he a tad to short to be our future CHB? Still might be room for more height?
Good chance he would play straight away too.

Harvey listed players with speed in defence and the midfield, as well as a key forward, would be priorities.

If only we had a fringe midfielder with pace...

Couldn't agree more with those needs. We would have to be one of the slowest sides in the league, we have Hill and Ballantyne and then nothing.

So with that in mind, we could do a lot worse than Graham Jetta, Jarrhan Jacky, Haydn Busher and Tom Lee. Four mature aged WAFL players who, realistically, all would have seen a fair amount of game time this year for Fremantle.

If only we had a fringe midfielder with talent

Couldn't agree more with those needs. We would have to be one of the slowest sides in the league, we have Hill and Ballantyne and then nothing.

So with that in mind, we could do a lot worse than Graham Jetta, Jarrhan Jacky, Haydn Busher and Tom Lee. Four mature aged WAFL players who, realistically, all would have seen a fair amount of game time this year for Fremantle.

Just fixed that for you...

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back